Author Topic: Laser hair removal on your scalp  (Read 609130 times)

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
Re: Laser hair removal on your scalp
« Reply #960 on: April 26, 2018, 09:13:06 AM »
Depending on how think your hair is, it can take a while.  I had 12 sessions and then 2 more about a year later.  I have no shadow or dark spots. Only the gray hair I had still grows because lasers don’t work on gray/white hair.

What is interesting is that no one seems to have noticed that my shadow is gone.  My wife likes my completely bald look better than the shaved look. I do too.

Offline conshyguy

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #961 on: May 31, 2018, 05:34:14 PM »
THANK YOU ALL FOR SHARING...I WILL  BE MAKING ARRANGEMENTS SOON TO GET PROCESS STARTED IN HOPES OF GETTING ALL HAIR REMOVED

Offline muscleoscar

« Reply #962 on: June 09, 2018, 02:57:26 PM »
Does anyone know where can I have a scalp laser hair removal in Vancouver Canada?thanks

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #963 on: June 10, 2018, 12:20:23 PM »
wouldnt you get the same results if you shaved your head.

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #964 on: July 19, 2018, 01:15:36 PM »
Most of us want to get rid of any shadow. Im seriously thinking about tweezing again.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #965 on: July 22, 2018, 10:04:55 AM »
Laser treatments reduce or eliminate the shadow, but they do not remove gray / white hair, so you still have to shave (although less frequently) if you have a lot of gray/white hair.  The change in appearance can be transformational.  Instead of a visible hairline shadow, the scalp appears uniformly bald.   

Offline sasha1

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #966 on: August 07, 2018, 08:20:32 PM »
Depending on how think your hair is, it can take a while.  I had 12 sessions and then 2 more about a year later.  I have no shadow or dark spots.

what laser machine have you used?

i did already about 10 or more treatments, on different machines and laser types. still regrowing all the hairs (thin hairs after 2 month of no treatment, and then they become thicker and thicker)
sorry for my bad english

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #967 on: October 18, 2018, 11:06:35 PM »
the hair on myhead is mostly white/grey so it won't work for me.  But if it did work, I would do it.  My hair has gotten so thin and whispy that growing hair is no longer a realistic choice.  So, then I would rather it be completely gone because I don't like shaving myself.

I so get my scalp lasered several times a year anyway to remove pre-cancerous spots.  The pain really isn't all THAT bad.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #968 on: October 23, 2018, 11:21:31 AM »
the hair on myhead is mostly white/grey so it won't work for me.  But if it did work, I would do it.  My hair has gotten so thin and whispy that growing hair is no longer a realistic choice.  So, then I would rather it be completely gone because I don't like shaving myself.

I so get my scalp lasered several times a year anyway to remove pre-cancerous spots.  The pain really isn't all THAT bad.
i may do it. i'm prob 90% bald except a little on the side and back, which grows slowly. I have to shave 1-2x a week to stay looking smooth. for the right price, i would hang-up the razor for sure.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #969 on: October 23, 2018, 12:18:01 PM »
Chris, if you only have that little bit left, would it be worth it? It's a pain in the butt for us BBC guys that have an entire head to keep smooth! And I have to shave everyday because I like it completely smooth.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 03:59:26 PM by reddog »
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #970 on: October 23, 2018, 03:05:35 PM »
does it cost a lot to have that done.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #971 on: October 23, 2018, 04:41:42 PM »
Chris, if you only have that little bit left, would it be worth it? It's a pain in the butt for us BBC guys that have an entire head to keep smooth! And I have to shave everyday because I like it completely smooth.
i guess I'm lazy. If I could goto zero maintenance and stay completely smooth, I would be happy. once in a while, I'll skip miss a few shaves and wake up with the dreaded toilet seat, which looks sick on me. figure just finish what nature started.  LOL

Offline CormacUK

« Reply #972 on: November 02, 2018, 07:58:16 AM »
I'm looking to go through this process. Has anyone in the UK had a good laser hair removal experience at a particular clinic? Please let me know if you know of anywhere. I'd rather not be a guinea pig at a place where it's been never before done.

I am in my 20s, and have lost a substantial amount of my hair. I have pale skin and dark hair. I would like as little shadow as possible, but cannot face shaving my head day in day out any longer. I don't like the idea of multiple laser treatments over a long period - especially not with patchy hair in between. But compared to having to continue to shave, it seems well worth it to me.

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #973 on: November 02, 2018, 08:03:44 AM »
I would love to have a head free of hair/shadow.
Maybe one day I'm going to have the guts to make this permanently,seems like it's a long process.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 08:06:55 AM by Tony Dadá »

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #974 on: November 02, 2018, 12:44:32 PM »
If laser removal was low cost; it was painless; and permeant, I would jump on it. I guess it appeals to my lazy side. Plus, one less task to do mornings, etc.

Otherwise, prob not. Using the old Gillette still works fine.  can do it without looking.