Author Topic: Laser hair removal on your scalp  (Read 605581 times)

Offline USP678

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Laser hair removal on your scalp
« Reply #840 on: August 16, 2015, 10:01:09 AM »
Hello All,

I am interested, down the road, to have laser hair removal on my scalp and am looking for a clinic in the MidWest.  I found one place in Indianapolis but would like to find a place in Illinois, Minnesota, or Wisconsin.  Can anyone help with a clinic in one of these states?

Thank you!

Offline Bilko1

• Super Sly
  • Glad To Be Bald-by-choice
« Reply #841 on: October 22, 2015, 06:23:12 AM »
I am going for my first 'patch' test in mid-December after I have finished a course of medication that I am for a long-standing health issue. The current medication course ends in early December and I have been asked by the therapist to wait another week after I am clear of medication.
The medication makes my skin photo-sensitive & so laser may cause further problems, I have been told.

Although, I have been epilating, I still have some stubborn patches of hair here & there & I want them gone as much as is possible, so it is the ultimate treatment - laser hair removal for me.
BaldBill

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #842 on: November 10, 2015, 06:56:26 PM »
I had my first laser treatment today.  Yes, it's painful (especially on the temples and base of the skull), but overall it really isn't that bad.  I'm looking forward to the "shedding" phase over the next several days.

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #843 on: November 11, 2015, 12:03:36 AM »
I had my first laser treatment today.  Yes, it's painful (especially on the temples and base of the skull), but overall it really isn't that bad.  I'm looking forward to the "shedding" phase over the next several days.
f

Please let us know how things will go!

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #844 on: November 11, 2015, 11:06:36 AM »
So far, so good on the first day after treatment.  Scalp is slightly pink (barely noticeable).  No pain, but a little tenderness in a couple spots.  Stubble is there and feels a little coarser than normal.  Main thing is to keep using moisturizers.

Offline Totor

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #845 on: November 12, 2015, 01:35:39 PM »
Hello everybody.
What brand of laser that you remove hair? I can remove hair laser Soprano. It is effective, it painful?

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #846 on: November 20, 2015, 10:48:28 AM »
A brief update ten days after my first laser treatment.  I did not have any major shedding, but my shadow is noticeably thinner and lighter.  I've shaved a couple times because the grey / white hairs continue to grow, but they seem softer.  The dark hairs have not grown or have grown very slowly.  The complexion on my scalp is clear and has a nice shine.  The best part is that because the hair is either not growing or growing very slowly, my dome feels pretty smooth all day.

My second treatment is scheduled for mid-December.  I'm looking forward to it!

Offline Marc_ldn

« Reply #847 on: November 27, 2015, 12:44:29 PM »
Hi. I'm new to this site.
I live in London UK.
I started my laser treatment weeks ago and I'm amazed at the difference.
Very painful and a strong smell off burning crackling.
I have a head scar so I do get a lot off swelling round this area for around 3 days.
Have my next treatment next weekend I can't wait it's a life changing treatment for me in off course a good way

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #848 on: November 27, 2015, 03:42:42 PM »
I live in London UK.
I have a head scar so I do get a lot off swelling round this area for around 3 days.
Have my next treatment next weekend I can't wait it's a life changing treatment for me in off course a good way

Welcome, and good luck with the future treatments!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #849 on: November 27, 2015, 09:51:06 PM »
A brief update ten days after my first laser treatment.  I did not have any major shedding, but my shadow is noticeably thinner and lighter.  I've shaved a couple times because the grey / white hairs continue to grow, but they seem softer.  The dark hairs have not grown or have grown very slowly.  The complexion on my scalp is clear and has a nice shine.  The best part is that because the hair is either not growing or growing very slowly, my dome feels pretty smooth all day.

My second treatment is scheduled for mid-December.  I'm looking forward to it!

Any pic of your bald head after the treatment?

Offline Marc_ldn

« Reply #850 on: November 29, 2015, 07:53:59 AM »
I live in London UK.

Thank you.
My story is different.
I've been fighting with my hair for over 30 years.
In the 1980s my scalp got chemical damaged which changed the texture off my hair.
I went from fine hair to brittle and damaged so much so that it was breaking mostly at the front of my scalp.
I've under gone so many treatments to try and restore what i had.
Please bare in mind I’m not bald i have a full head off hair just terrible condition and a complete mess.
I've only started shaving about 6 months ago I’ve finally accepted that this will be my fate i'm sick off fighting every morning looking into the mirror and seeing hair that i was not born with.
Due to my hair being so brittle and stiff shaving is not easy.
So i decided to undergo laser scalp treatment.
Luckily i have a clinic with excellent reviews close to where i live and after 1 treatment i have noticed a difference and it is much easier to shave and it’s not growing as fast i will keep everyone updated.
Thanks guys

Offline Marc_ldn

« Reply #851 on: December 07, 2015, 09:42:55 AM »
I live in London UK.

Had my second treatment 2 days ago.
Got me worried the pain was worse had my first visit and I had to take time of work due to redness and bruising.
She did tell me she turned settings up but I was wondering if the creams I use caused this problem.
I will carry on but I may have to make changes.
This was a worry to me about things going wrong and side affects.
Will let you guys know
Marc

Offline Nickd

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #852 on: January 21, 2016, 12:18:07 PM »
Well after reading all 57 pages of everyone's experience with hair removal I have made an appointment with my local dermatologist to have the remaining hair on my head removed. My goals are to reduce the frequency and time invested in shaving and to save money. It's going to run me between $600-$800 for the total process, depending on the total number of sessions required. My consult and first session is February 16th. I'm excited and can't wait. I love my bald head and like a friend said to me the other day, I can't imagine you with hair again. You look so much better bald. I couldn't agree more.

I'll keep everyone updated on the process and progress.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #853 on: January 21, 2016, 12:20:03 PM »
Well after reading all 57 pages of everyone's experience with hair removal I have made an appointment with my local dermatologist to have the remaining hair on my head removed. My goals are to reduce the frequency and time invested in shaving and to save money. It's going to run me between $600-$800 for the total process, depending on the total number of sessions required. My consult and first session is February 16th. I'm excited and can't wait. I love my bald head and like a friend said to me the other day, I can't imagine you with hair again. You look so much better bald. I couldn't agree more.

I'll keep everyone updated on the process and progress.

Good luck!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Reg

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #854 on: January 21, 2016, 01:03:19 PM »
Interesting thread, enjoyed reading some of the stories on here. I see how this can be a worthwhile investment of time and money. Respect to those who have gone for it. I would consider it as I go through shaving blades so quickly and its takes a long time to maintain the slick, shadow free look but not yet. Probably in a few years time when I have saved up enough. Then again, probably not. Being BBC, having a choice isn't something I'd likely want to lose.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 07:31:45 AM by Reg »