Author Topic: Laser hair removal on your scalp  (Read 605692 times)

Offline spazfishy

• Learning the way of Sly
Orlando Florida Area Laser Removal Anyone?
« Reply #810 on: August 28, 2014, 08:30:39 AM »
Hello, sorry if I posted in an incorrect section but I could not find a more appropriate one. Anyways, I am a lurker on this website and one that does not say much so this I believe might be my first post. Anyways, great site thanks to all that contribute. I've decided I would like to be totally bald and lose my shadow. I am wondering if anyone can recommend a good place to have laser hair removal done on my scalp in the central Florida?

Thanks!

Offline slymyke

• Sly Bureau
  • Shaved head with full beard
Re: Laser hair removal on your scalp
« Reply #811 on: August 28, 2014, 03:04:04 PM »
I've never really looked into that.  I do hear advertisements on 104.1 FM about laser hair removal, but I don't really pay much attention to them. 

--sorry.. not much help.  You may want to just look them up and call a few places.  I'm sure they can steer you in the right direction.

Offline fewef

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #812 on: September 05, 2014, 05:08:26 AM »
I did the 10-th session. It was 1,5 moths ok, then it started to grow again. The horseshoe is not visible, but there were lots of small hairs, covering the big area. A bit disappointing so much has left, but I think I never have the horseshoe again though.
Indeed it takes a lot of time. But... you just go and make it, nothing difficult.
I guess it takes between 1,5 to 2 years to make it properly. Each next session is less painful.
Am I happy with the decision? Sometimes, I think it was a wrong desicion. Simply because I can't get back those hairs ever. I mean, you make it, and there's no way back. It kinda disturbung, when you think about it.
Who knows, maybe there will be a hair restoration in 10 years. There's still a chance.
But for me, the horseshoe was too visible, defined, NW7. When I remember shaving my head, I think it made my life easier, and smooth head looks more tidy.
If you have a diffused pattern, don't. Only if you have so little hair it more of a problem. Stil miss my hair, but enjoying the new look. Best to you all!

Offline Fred86

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #813 on: September 24, 2014, 02:15:15 PM »
Hello guys, I have been shaving my head for 5 years now (I'm 27)  and I'm really thinking about doing the Laser hair removal, I actually like shaving my head but the shadow is way to visible, especially when I'm not very tanned.

I'm an European mixed guy, light brown skin (same as Dwayne Johnson in winter) living in Asia and I'm still here for few years, I found 2 super modern clinics that are using the 1064nm Nd:Yag laser, needless to say that they have never done it on the head before, should I take the 'risk' ? (Maybe the word 'risk' is too strong).

Thanks guys.

Offline fewef

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #814 on: October 25, 2014, 03:43:48 AM »
Just did the 11-th. It was little hairs left, but still painful.  She said I need another 3 sessions.
Well, two years in total. Sounds a lot, but doesn't feel as it's long. I think shaving will still be needed.
When looking at myself, I think I look not as old when without shadow.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #815 on: October 25, 2014, 01:20:57 PM »
Really cant see the point of lazer

Offline Munkynutz

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #816 on: October 29, 2014, 05:44:53 PM »
I can see the point of it if you are going to get remarkable results.  While I understand that being part of the shaving process can be kinda cool I can imagine that having no work to do whatsoever when you wake up in terms of hair maintenance and just take a shower and go has a lot of appeal.

To anyone holding out for the possibility the future will allow for hair rejuvenation and adequate treatment then I would think this is a no go for sure.

But for those of us who have decided this look is going to be permanent feature of their lives, and if the risks are minimal and the results good... why not?

Offline fewef

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #817 on: October 29, 2014, 06:00:52 PM »
To anyone holding out for the possibility the future will allow for hair rejuvenation and adequate treatment then I would think this is a no go for sure.

But for those of us who have decided this look is going to be permanent feature of their lives, and if the risks are minimal and the results good... why not?

It was not an easy decision. I put a lot of thought into it. I just personally don't believe NW6-7 will turn into 1-2 in the next 10 years. Hopefully so, but nothing shows any promise more than it was 10 years ago. And when you're nw7, you really look old with the horseshoe. It doesn't form any haircut. So you just shave or let it grow and it looks bad.
You say permanent. Well, we are permanently bald, unless multiplicaion comes along. So if it comes along, it would be possible to restore it from even 1 hair, isn't it.

Offline Munkynutz

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #818 on: October 29, 2014, 09:04:45 PM »
I suppose you have a very valid point there.  Or with stem cell research they would be able to make as many hairs from any stem cell that you may want right.

With regard to the shadow I find people I know who shave their heads the dark coloured hair is far more visible and blond or grey/white hair becomes almost undetectable when shaved.

Any of you have input on that?

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #819 on: October 30, 2014, 02:48:21 AM »
I have, well, had, medium to dark brown hair, and there is definitely an ever-present shadow.   C'est la vie, I suppose.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #820 on: October 30, 2014, 04:55:17 AM »
I think the shadow can look cool on some. Nothing wrong as far as i am concerned but its a personal taste i guess.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #821 on: October 30, 2014, 06:45:26 AM »
I enjoy reading the stories about those who are doing/have done this process. For a brief while I thought about it, but in the end, I decided it was a process I couldn't afford at this present time. For those who want to go through with it, I can only hope you are happy with the results. For those who don't want to go through with it, nothing wrong with that either. There is no right or wrong side in this thread, IMO
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline fewef

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #822 on: October 30, 2014, 07:03:51 AM »
I enjoy reading the stories about those who are doing/have done this process. For a brief while I thought about it, but in the end, I decided it was a process I couldn't afford at this present time. For those who want to go through with it, I can only hope you are happy with the results. For those who don't want to go through with it, nothing wrong with that either. There is no right or wrong side in this thread, IMO

It depends if you're seeing it as it is now or seeing in in the future perspective. As it is, if you shave, there's no much difference visually anyway. The shadow looks healthier IF it's a nw1-2 shadow imo. You can restore it with misropigmentation today, if you really want. I waited for 10 years, and not seeing much progress in cloning, decided to go through it. It's a tough coihce, but for the majority of people we are baldies anyway, they don't make much difference with all this fuss.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #823 on: October 30, 2014, 09:55:23 AM »
With regard to the shadow I find people I know who shave their heads the dark coloured hair is far more visible and blond or grey/white hair becomes almost undetectable when shaved.

Any of you have input on that?

My shadow is almost non-existent since my hair is gray.  So if laser is only being considered to get rid of the shadow and there is family history of early graying, it might be worth just waiting on nature.  The flip side is that laser does not work on gray hair, so if it is something you want, do not wait too long because once your hair turns gray, it is no longer an option.
SlyBeard

Offline njbill

• Sly
« Reply #824 on: October 30, 2014, 11:38:00 AM »
I'm holding out hope that science comes up with something to reverse mpb no laser for me thanks

Enter your email address: