Author Topic: Laser hair removal on your scalp  (Read 605790 times)

Offline GotThereandThenSome

• Sly Jr.
  • Say goodbye to the shadow
Re: Laser hair removal on your scalp
« Reply #780 on: April 23, 2014, 05:20:41 AM »
Hey All - It's been a while since I posted...  Still BBC and now getting ready for my first laser treatment later today...  Im nervous but encouraged by the posts here...  Hoping swelling, soreness and redness will be at a minimum...  I will report in post my first session...

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #781 on: April 24, 2014, 03:37:34 AM »
Hey All - It's been a while since I posted...  Still BBC and now getting ready for my first laser treatment later today...  Im nervous but encouraged by the posts here...  Hoping swelling, soreness and redness will be at a minimum...  I will report in post my first session...

Welcome back and good luck! Just curious, is that you in the avatar?
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #782 on: April 24, 2014, 05:47:52 AM »
Sadly that's not me, but now that I got through the initial visit I will have my tech take a picture...  Good news, minimal redness and soreness and swelling - pretty impressed with the pain...  hurt the most at my crown and back of head - I need approx. 12 treatments but should see a majority of the results within the first six...  And it only took approx. 35 mins.  I am gonna start posting photos of progress in about 2 weeks when more of the hair has fallen out.  For those on the fence I would say run don't walk to a laser clinic is you desire this procedure - ask a bunch of questions and go for the gold... you wont regret it...

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #783 on: April 24, 2014, 06:21:28 AM »
Currently having lazer treatment on a few tats. Boy it hurts!

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #784 on: April 24, 2014, 07:30:25 AM »
All true about pain but it is manageable - I was given the sage advice to take a few ibuprofen before the procedure and that worked like a charm...  I am applying aloe vera gel pretty regularly to my head to help reduce the redness

Offline baldjoeg

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Newport Beach, CA. A great place to be in March.
« Reply #785 on: April 24, 2014, 09:13:32 AM »
Good luck on this. I will be interested to hear and to see how it all turns out.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #786 on: April 24, 2014, 09:14:53 AM »
Took ibuprofen myself but didnt help me at all

Offline San Cisco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #787 on: April 25, 2014, 06:45:09 AM »
A question for the experienced ones:

Its been 4 weeks since my last (12th?) session and I have seen absolutely ZERO hair growth since then, except probably some peach fuzz and weird blonde hairs.

My technician and I agreed to perform 1 last session before summer, so I could achieve near to 100% results and take advantage of the fact that my skin is still very pale.

The issue here is that I have never experienced Zero regrowth before, so I have no idea if the hairs are slowly starting to form or just permanently killed.

Any advice on this?

The reason why Im rushing a bit, is that I need to work from home (1 week) after each session, as my scalp turns REALLY red and swollen for at least 5 days.. and I must book that week in advance.
Nevermind the fact I have barely seen any sun in a year and I start to reaaaally crave it.

Thanks guys!
Regards from Melbourne,

Jack

Offline San Cisco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #788 on: May 11, 2014, 03:23:23 PM »
Even though this thread seems to be dead, I thought I should give you guys a final update.

I ended up going for a final 13th session last week, despite my technician saying it wasnt really necessary.
Well, its finally over now and Im glad it went the way I expected. I reckon I achieved near 100% hair loss.

I wont be coming here anytime soon so let me thank you all once again for the support I received and wish you guys the best of luck.  O0  8)
Regards from Melbourne,

Jack

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #789 on: May 11, 2014, 04:29:54 PM »
San Cisco, I wouldn't call a thread with more than 50 pages and almost 800 posts "dead" But congratulations on completing your laser sessions. Feel free to check in ever so often and keep us posted on how it's working for you.

Offline fewef

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #790 on: May 15, 2014, 05:36:01 AM »
Even though this thread seems to be dead, I thought I should give you guys a final update.

I ended up going for a final 13th session last week, despite my technician saying it wasnt really necessary.
Well, its finally over now and Im glad it went the way I expected. I reckon I achieved near 100% hair loss.

I wont be coming here anytime soon so let me thank you all once again for the support I received and wish you guys the best of luck.  O0  8)

Great to hear from you!
Just curious, how do you know you've really made it?
I went through 8 sessions already, and the 8-th hurted for some reason. I waited for two months and there were lots of small, but not prominent hairs. The horseshoe went after session 6-th as far as I remember. It's really nice, I really dreamed about it being gone.
Now that I did 8, I see there's no need to hurry and I'd better make another 2-4 sessions, as indeed spending another 300$ and half a year is better than shaving for the rest of my life.
Am I happy or not? Well, sometimes I have dreams that I'm afraid to lose my hair. Like, "I should save what's left, maybe there's cloning soon". But then I wake up and see men with horseshoe and think, whatever. It's gone for nw7. There's no option for having a haircut after nw5 for now. And there are no signs of cloning for now. But it's up if you want to wait for it.
But would I like to go back? No. It would grow back every single day. Shaving it just because you want it short?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 05:50:57 AM by fewef »

Offline bilbo

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #791 on: May 16, 2014, 08:30:10 AM »
Hey All.
My name is Peter I had a hair transplant and it was the worst decision of my life. I would like to know if the transplanted hair can be removed by laser?

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #792 on: May 16, 2014, 09:32:23 AM »
Welcome, Peter! Sorry that you had to go through the (bad?) experience of an HT....So are you looking to just laser the transplanted hair and just be naturally bald(ing), or are you looking to laser your whole scalp as many of the posters in this thread have done?

Side note to all members: Not to play Spoiler Steve here, but the avatar in GotThereAndThenSome's profile is not a guy getting his scalp lasered to be bald...The guy in that avatar is getting a stimulating laser to help the hair GROW BACK (in the horseshoe area, look at how he's positioned)....If the guy was getting a scalp laser job, he would actually be lying FACE DOWN....And no offense to GotThereAndThenSome, but I just wanted to avoid someone thinking about doing scalp lasering that it's NOT that easy and painless...but it's all in what you want.

Offline bilbo

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #793 on: May 16, 2014, 09:47:21 AM »
Thank you Sir Harry for your answer to my post. I want to remove the hair transplanted 1850 grafts on receding hairline
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 09:55:57 AM by bilbo »

Offline Common

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #794 on: May 22, 2014, 09:48:36 AM »
I did 12 sessions with my last session being approximately 3 years ago.  Sorry to say that you will still have to shave someday.

Expect no hair growth for 3 months or so and then things will start up again.  Not like before you started treatment.  The remaining hair will be mostly peach fuzz but it needs shaving every three days or so.  No more horseshoes, so it's a worthwhile situation.

A question for the experienced ones:

Its been 4 weeks since my last (12th?) session and I have seen absolutely ZERO hair growth since then, except probably some peach fuzz and weird blonde hairs.

My technician and I agreed to perform 1 last session before summer, so I could achieve near to 100% results and take advantage of the fact that my skin is still very pale.

The issue here is that I have never experienced Zero regrowth before, so I have no idea if the hairs are slowly starting to form or just permanently killed.

Any advice on this?

The reason why Im rushing a bit, is that I need to work from home (1 week) after each session, as my scalp turns REALLY red and swollen for at least 5 days.. and I must book that week in advance.
Nevermind the fact I have barely seen any sun in a year and I start to reaaaally crave it.

Thanks guys!

Enter your email address: