Author Topic: Laser hair removal on your scalp  (Read 609313 times)

Offline San Cisco

• Sly Jr.
Re: Laser hair removal on your scalp
« Reply #720 on: December 15, 2013, 03:04:11 PM »
Brother I guess you are doing YAG then.. (right?)
Anyways, everything you have been experiencing is totally normal and happened to me as well!  O0

By the way, how many days are you giving in between sessions?
Cheers mate
Regards from Melbourne,

Jack

Offline yasa

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #721 on: December 15, 2013, 05:36:15 PM »
Brother I guess you are doing YAG then.. (right?)
Anyways, everything you have been experiencing is totally normal and happened to me as well!  O0

By the way, how many days are you giving in between sessions?
Cheers mate
Im not sure.. they call it ELOS.. My next appointment is january the 18th.. so 6 weeks in between sessions.

Another thing that is starting bother me is that it has been 11 days and i still have redness on the spots that got zapped.. they have faded a bit but still very noticeable.. starting to worry a little bit about that to be honest.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 05:51:29 PM by yasa »

Offline San Cisco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #722 on: December 16, 2013, 07:50:25 AM »
Yeah those 6/8 weeks is the standard.

Have you been applying Lotion 2/3 times a day? (Like Aloe vera or so?)

Looks like your skin is still sore.. I dont think thats a problem though, just try to wash your head twice a day and apply lots of moisturizer..

Any idea what power settings did you use?
Regards from Melbourne,

Jack

Offline yasa

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #723 on: December 16, 2013, 10:28:15 AM »
Yeah those 6/8 weeks is the standard.

Have you been applying Lotion 2/3 times a day? (Like Aloe vera or so?)

Looks like your skin is still sore.. I dont think thats a problem though, just try to wash your head twice a day and apply lots of moisturizer..

Any idea what power settings did you use?
I have been applying lotion but only the last couple of days and only once a day.

She said the settings were 20-16.. with the light being set on 20 and the radio frequency 16. Mind you it is not a regular ipl laser it is an ELOS machine. here is some more info on it : http://beautycliniclotus.nl/en/273-2/

Offline San Cisco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #724 on: December 17, 2013, 05:57:30 PM »
There you go.. Applying a good Lotion on your scalp at least twice a day after each session is really important to help it heal properly!
Never skip that again.

Is it still red? Maybe you pushed it a bit too hard, try to easy a bit the power settings next time ;)

Wish you the best of luck for the rest of the treatment!
Cheers everyone O0
Regards from Melbourne,

Jack

Offline San Cisco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #725 on: December 26, 2013, 11:59:28 AM »
Whats up everybody?
Any news?
Regards from Melbourne,

Jack

Offline greg7039

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #726 on: January 06, 2014, 06:52:22 PM »
San Cisco,

DO have any other recent pictures since your last ones?  I couldn't tell if it was patchiness or some of your scalp was discolored or burned?  Did that go away?

Greg

Offline greg7039

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #727 on: January 06, 2014, 07:09:02 PM »
San Cisco,

Can you email me some final pics of your progress.  The one I saw back in the summer was crazy.  What is your email?  Or email me at gregodonnell3@gmail.com

thank you for all of your help to us fencers!!!

Offline yasa

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #728 on: January 07, 2014, 06:12:49 AM »
Hello everybody..

It has been 5 weeks since my first treatment and i am about to go in for my second treatment next week on the 18th. The redness has finally faded away this week.. i started shedding most hairs after 2,5 weeks. I am now left with a bunch of bald spots on the top of my head and on the sides. The back of my head didn't seem to react at all.. apart from a few spots in the bottom all my hair is still there in the back. But i guess there were more hairs there or maybe they were deeper because she sure hit those spots just as hard as the rest of my head :p

The bald spots are a bit embarrassing.. but i guess i knew that this was going to be one of the downsides of this treatment and i just have to be patient. I will be asking her to overlap a bit more on the next treatment cuz i have noticed that some spots on the side and the top that still have hair are the spots she couldn't reach.

Offline San Cisco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #729 on: January 07, 2014, 12:08:18 PM »
San Cisco,

DO have any other recent pictures since your last ones?  I couldn't tell if it was patchiness or some of your scalp was discolored or burned?  Did that go away?

Greg

Hello everybody..

It has been 5 weeks since my first treatment and i am about to go in for my second treatment next week on the 18th. The redness has finally faded away this week.. i started shedding most hairs after 2,5 weeks. I am now left with a bunch of bald spots on the top of my head and on the sides. The back of my head didn't seem to react at all.. apart from a few spots in the bottom all my hair is still there in the back. But i guess there were more hairs there or maybe they were deeper because she sure hit those spots just as hard as the rest of my head :p

The bald spots are a bit embarrassing.. but i guess i knew that this was going to be one of the downsides of this treatment and i just have to be patient. I will be asking her to overlap a bit more on the next treatment cuz i have noticed that some spots on the side and the top that still have hair are the spots she couldn't reach.

Yasa, I went through the exact same process.
Your head is looking similar to mine a few months ago (and probably similar to the the photo I took in the summer, which is the one Greg7039 is talking about).

Here's what happens:
Each session, you strike a Laser into your hair follicles. The goal here is to burn them out, turning them thiner and weaker after each session.

Of course, some hair is thicker and deeper than the rest, and thats why it will take them longer to be removed, hence the patches on your head..
This process will take some time but hey- its worth it!

You can go through some of my previous posts, and you will see how terrified I was with the fear of the treatment not going in the right direction.. It was scary as sh*t having patches of burnt hair all over my head for a few days and embarassed enough not to go out or at least never without a cap.

Anyway, right now, I have no hair in my head, absolutely no shadow and no worrying with the look every morning.
(I would probably shave once a week - just to keep it 100% smooth)
Again, it was painfull having to go through the whole process - and indeed I was scared and feeling regret of having done it as I had no idea what the outcome would be.

Thankfully, I have no scar or any sign whatsoever of the treatment, which Im sure will be the case with you!
It was definitely one of my best decisions ever.

P.S. I had great results after 10 sessions and using ALEXANDRITE laser. Aside from that and YAG Laser - (for darker skins), my doctor wouldnt recomend any other laser for effective treatments.

Best of Luck to all of you.
Regards from Melbourne,

Jack

Offline San Cisco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #730 on: January 07, 2014, 12:36:10 PM »
Here's another thing I have been asked a few of times:

I remember that a couple of weeks after my 7, 8 and 9th treatment, I thought I didnt need any other session because all the hair had fallen out, besides I already didnt have any shadow or patches.

The truth is, it takes around 1/2 weeks after each session, for all the hair to fall out - BUT - around 1 month later, it will start to slowly grow again, of course a lot thinner and weaker - but remember - it will grow anyway.

Thats why I was mislead by the results during the whole process and indeed it takes about 10 sessions for optimum results, meaning that after 10 sessions the hair is so thin and light you wont really notice it until at least 5 days after each shave.

O0
Regards from Melbourne,

Jack

Offline yasa

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #731 on: January 07, 2014, 04:57:22 PM »
If it wasn't for this forum i would probably be worried as well right now.. but having read through most of the stories i was already prepared and i know it is just a case of sticking it out until the end.

The patches are definitely embarrassing and it has affected my social life because i hardly leave the house without a cap but i figure it will all be worth it in the end. If i can walk around years with a receding hairline knowing it was only going to get worse, i can surely handle a year of embarrassment knowing that i will finally be shadowfree when it is all over.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 04:59:36 PM by yasa »

Offline Itall

• Super Sly
« Reply #732 on: January 08, 2014, 05:41:26 PM »
I will echo San Ciasco's post. I had the same experience. Patchy spots for a while. Eventually with continued treatment it all works out. Very happy with my results. Hang in there. It's worth it.

Offline San Cisco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #733 on: January 09, 2014, 12:48:54 PM »
Ok, here's a couple of photos for all those still on the fence:

The first is the back of my head 4 days after my last shave. As you all can see, no shadow or patches whatsoever.

The second is my beard 18 hours after my last shave, where the shadow is pretty clear, although less dense than what my hair used to be.

You have to be patiente about this process, but its pretty clear that in the end, its totally worth it!!
One final piece of advice:
Always schedule your session 2/3 weeks before any important appoitment you might have. That way, you can probably avoid some of the initial patchiness.

Good luck guys!
Regards from Melbourne,

Jack

Offline San Cisco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #734 on: January 09, 2014, 12:53:42 PM »
The previous attachment was too big, here's the second photo.

Greg7039, you have now 5x the information and experience I had when I decided to go for it.
Dont think I can help you much more.

Have a great day!  O0
Regards from Melbourne,

Jack