Author Topic: Laser hair removal on your scalp  (Read 608735 times)

Offline Texas Bald

• Learning the way of Sly
Re: Laser hair removal on your scalp
« Reply #705 on: October 23, 2013, 01:29:16 PM »
Hi Y'all, just found this site and am glad I did. I have had my head shaved on and off for almost twenty years and recently decided to have the permanent look. Took some discussing with the wife but she understood. I have a full head of hair with a balding spot in the back and a little up front. I went to a major clinic here in Texas that does full scalp laser removal. They explained to me all the issues and i totally accept it. I have my first session this Friday and will let it known how the process goes. Look forward to sharing my experience with you all.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #706 on: October 23, 2013, 03:33:40 PM »
Good luck texas

Offline Cave Dweller

• Bald & Bearded and staying that way.
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • Not Bear nor Troll - just in the dark with the TV
« Reply #707 on: October 26, 2013, 10:48:37 AM »
So, Texas, how did it go?
"A man who has lost his hair and is bald is clean."
Leviticus 13:40
(Do not argue with Moses!)

Offline Texas Bald

« Reply #708 on: October 26, 2013, 02:29:09 PM »
Hi Guys, well I got thru my first laser treatment and it friggin hurt but worth every moment. The laser tech did a great job. Total time was 50 minutes with Genolase. I had no swelling and nothing noticeably red. Took a few Advil and a six pack of beer when i got home and I feel great today. I have more to say but for now this is the best decision I've made for going bald permanent. Will keep you updated. Later.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #709 on: October 29, 2013, 02:06:27 AM »
Congrats Texas , damn expensive this side of the great pond

Offline Texas Bald

« Reply #710 on: October 29, 2013, 11:12:12 AM »
Hi again, it's been 4 days and already noticing change. Existing hair is much much slower growing probably 3 days what one day normally would have been. I got up this morning and went to the bathroom to get ready and rubbing my head a bunch of stubble on the side of my head just came out. Wow! I didn't think it would go quite like that but I can see what it's going to look now. There is no hair or hairline on that one side. Can't wait for the next treatment. I still am shaving it but I don't have the fast growth as before. Take care and I'll update after next session.

Offline yasa

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #711 on: November 19, 2013, 03:31:58 PM »
Hi everybody..

First of all i want to thank everybody that has contributed to this thread,  i stumbled upon this forum during my search of more information on hair lasering on the scalp and your experiences have made me gain the last bit of confidence i needed to make that final step. My hairline started to recede about 4-5 years ago (I'm 27 now) and i have been shaving my head for a little over 2 years now. My hair grows really fast so i have to shave it literally every morning.. i have olive skin color  and jet black hair (my parents are Sicilian) and it grows pretty fast and even after  a fresh shave you can still clearly see the shadows.. Getting rid of the shadows is really the main reason i wanted to do this.. and i guess less razor bumps and irritated skin as a result from shaving, would also be nice.

Anyway i finally made the step of contacting a laser clinic (they dont use actual laser machines but IPL).. My first appointment is next week and i cant wait! However for the people that have been through this procedure i was wondering :

- Do the shadows REALLY disappear or are they just less noticeable ? Because everybody keeps saying that the hair does grow back but just a lot thinner and lighter, so i was wondering if the hair actually grows back how does that solve the shadow issue ?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 03:34:38 PM by yasa »

Offline Texas Bald

« Reply #712 on: November 22, 2013, 08:01:28 PM »
Hi Guys, I had my second session today and it went very well. I actually took 3 Advils and put Z-caine, a topical pain reliever, all over my head and it worked great. After completion I could tell a change. I do have grey hair and yes I am going to have that removed also by electrolysis. In fact I have an appointment in two weeks for an electrolysis consultation and how to proceed. I had a different laser tech this time and she really did a great job. She explained to me that I wouldn't believe how many men are having this done. When I asked her how many she said she alone has performed laser hair removal for over two dozen men in the last 16 months. She said even her boyfriend is having it done and had a full head of hair before starting. I was blown away to say the least. But what really made my day was several women in the front area were very complementary about my bald head and how it was nice to seeing men taking such bold actions for their grooming. Serious that was what one woman told me. I was impressed. Anyway this has made my decision in total hair removal that much more solid. Can't wait to get this finished. I have 4 more laser sessions and no telling how many electrolysis sessions but I'll let the group know after my consultation. If those of you out there are considering I say go for it. Till next report.

Offline EarlBald

• Super Sly
« Reply #713 on: November 22, 2013, 08:07:08 PM »
I'm tempted to try it, but I just started consistently shaving my head.  Also, maybe the price will decline over the years.  At this rate, I think I'll be ready for it in about five years.  I am interested in hearing stories about lasering off what's left.

Offline San Cisco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #714 on: November 23, 2013, 12:22:36 PM »
Hi everybody..

First of all i want to thank everybody that has contributed to this thread,  i stumbled upon this forum during my search of more information on hair lasering on the scalp and your experiences have made me gain the last bit of confidence i needed to make that final step. My hairline started to recede about 4-5 years ago (I'm 27 now) and i have been shaving my head for a little over 2 years now. My hair grows really fast so i have to shave it literally every morning.. i have olive skin color  and jet black hair (my parents are Sicilian) and it grows pretty fast and even after  a fresh shave you can still clearly see the shadows.. Getting rid of the shadows is really the main reason i wanted to do this.. and i guess less razor bumps and irritated skin as a result from shaving, would also be nice.

Anyway i finally made the step of contacting a laser clinic (they dont use actual laser machines but IPL).. My first appointment is next week and i cant wait! However for the people that have been through this procedure i was wondering :

- Do the shadows REALLY disappear or are they just less noticeable ? Because everybody keeps saying that the hair does grow back but just a lot thinner and lighter, so i was wondering if the hair actually grows back how does that solve the shadow issue ?

Yes mate, the shadows REALLY disappear!

I was really worried in the beggining, but 1,5 years through I can tell you that now I shave every 3 days (and thats only because it takes me 5 min to shave it off completely).

Worth all the pain and embarrassment during the treatments (patches) and every single penny!

Only you can decide.. but Im really, really glad I had the guts to do it!

Cheers!
Regards from Melbourne,

Jack

Offline San Cisco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #715 on: December 09, 2013, 12:53:33 PM »
Hi Guys, I had my second session today and it went very well. I actually took 3 Advils and put Z-caine, a topical pain reliever, all over my head and it worked great. After completion I could tell a change. I do have grey hair and yes I am going to have that removed also by electrolysis. In fact I have an appointment in two weeks for an electrolysis consultation and how to proceed. I had a different laser tech this time and she really did a great job. She explained to me that I wouldn't believe how many men are having this done. When I asked her how many she said she alone has performed laser hair removal for over two dozen men in the last 16 months. She said even her boyfriend is having it done and had a full head of hair before starting. I was blown away to say the least. But what really made my day was several women in the front area were very complementary about my bald head and how it was nice to seeing men taking such bold actions for their grooming. Serious that was what one woman told me. I was impressed. Anyway this has made my decision in total hair removal that much more solid. Can't wait to get this finished. I have 4 more laser sessions and no telling how many electrolysis sessions but I'll let the group know after my consultation. If those of you out there are considering I say go for it. Till next report.

How is the treatment going do far, Texas Bald?

I am happy to announce that I have only 1 session left to go!!  O0 (Due in 45 days).

Later guys
Regards from Melbourne,

Jack

Offline yasa

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #716 on: December 10, 2013, 07:38:41 AM »
I had my first treatment last wednesday and BOY does it hurt! But it was manageable i guess.. It took about 30 minutes and my head was really red and swollen for about 3 days. No hairs have fallen out as of yet but the technician told me that wouldnt happen untill atleast 10 to 20 days after the treatment.

@san cisco thanks for the reaction.. so from what i understand your hair has grown back a bit ? because that is what i am afraid of, going through all this pain and being really excited with early result just to have those hairs grow back a year later. 

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #717 on: December 10, 2013, 10:11:38 AM »
If In'm not mistaken, in an earlier post, Laser hair removal does not replace shaving....all it does is make the hair grow much much slower to grow and makes shaving easier, though there is a chance in later years, that hair will stop growing altogether if alopecia/MPB kicks in....YMMV.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline San Cisco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #718 on: December 12, 2013, 01:34:06 PM »
I had my first treatment last wednesday and BOY does it hurt! But it was manageable i guess.. It took about 30 minutes and my head was really red and swollen for about 3 days. No hairs have fallen out as of yet but the technician told me that wouldnt happen untill atleast 10 to 20 days after the treatment.

@san cisco thanks for the reaction.. so from what i understand your hair has grown back a bit ? because that is what i am afraid of, going through all this pain and being really excited with early result just to have those hairs grow back a year later. 

Way to go buddy! Here's my 2 cents worth of advice Pos-treatment:
SOFTLY, try to wash and brush your head as many times as you can, as it will speed up the shedding process.

In the first couple of days, after each treatment, it will hurt just to touch your scalp (like a sunburn).
Anyway, as soon as you start washing and brushing it (with a loofa or so), your hair will all fall out much faster (give or take 1 week).

Answering your question:
I have like 2% hair left, so the shadows are gone a long time ago..
Keep in mind that the shadows are just the contrast (in color and texture) of the areas that have hair next to the ones that are bald..

Now, I have no idea which Laser equipment you are using, but if you use the same I did (Alexandrite) I can guarantee you that despite the pain, the hair follicle will either be dead after 8/9 sessions or so thin, you wont even notice it.

I apologize once again for my english as Im not a native speaker, but I think you get my point.
Cheers
Regards from Melbourne,

Jack

Offline yasa

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #719 on: December 13, 2013, 06:41:31 AM »
Way to go buddy! Here's my 2 cents worth of advice Pos-treatment:
SOFTLY, try to wash and brush your head as many times as you can, as it will speed up the shedding process.

In the first couple of days, after each treatment, it will hurt just to touch your scalp (like a sunburn).
Anyway, as soon as you start washing and brushing it (with a loofa or so), your hair will all fall out much faster (give or take 1 week).

Answering your question:
I have like 2% hair left, so the shadows are gone a long time ago..
Keep in mind that the shadows are just the contrast (in color and texture) of the areas that have hair next to the ones that are bald..

Now, I have no idea which Laser equipment you are using, but if you use the same I did (Alexandrite) I can guarantee you that despite the pain, the hair follicle will either be dead after 8/9 sessions or so thin, you wont even notice it.

I apologize once again for my english as Im not a native speaker, but I think you get my point.
Cheers

Thanks again for answerring. Yeah i didnt wash my head the first couple of days at all because it hurt so much just touching it.. i figured washing it would irritate it even more. And i am noticing that some parts are not growing back as fast as others and i have been shedding some hairs here and there..  as fas as the laser equipment, i really have no idea what type of laser it is.. all i know is they call it ELOS and it is a combination of light and high frequency waves. They recommended this laser for me because i am brown skinned and using other lasers would risk damaging my skin (too much melanin in my skin).

p.s. your english is perfectly fine.. i should be apoloziging (also not a native speaker )  :P
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 06:44:13 AM by yasa »

Enter your email address: