Author Topic: Laser hair removal on your scalp  (Read 605876 times)

Offline Bald Hobbit

• Sly
  • Previously known as Chris_John
Re: Laser hair removal on your scalp
« Reply #630 on: December 20, 2012, 12:21:58 PM »

Shadow free is the only reason I would think its a good idea so I think 2013 is the year I do for the proper job.

I'm currently torn between laser haor removal and hair tattoo, however the hair tattoo option  is a little more worrying and expensive.

Cheers
Remember, tattoos do blur over time, so you'll wind up with a smudge on top of a bald head--doesn't make sense to me. 

Oh gosh. Isn't that sped up by sunlight exposure?

Offline San Cisco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #631 on: December 22, 2012, 07:07:22 AM »

Hey guys!

2 weeks have passed since my 4th treatment and I need to ask for some advice here.

Im pretty much shadow free right now, but some of the dead hair seam to be stuck and doesnt fall out..
So I currently have a few patches on the back of my head that are starting to bother me.

Do you guys know any way to get rid of them, or at least accelerate the process?

Thank you so much for your time.
Regards from Melbourne,

Jack

Offline San Cisco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #632 on: December 23, 2012, 10:55:02 AM »
Cmon Guys,

I could really use some help here!  :-[
Regards from Melbourne,

Jack

Offline aarrggh

• Team Sly
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #633 on: December 23, 2012, 10:59:52 AM »
 BUST OUT A RAZOR AND SHAVE IT OFF ..........   >:D

Offline San Cisco

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #634 on: January 03, 2013, 06:36:55 AM »

The patches are still here but already fading away...
In 1 week I'll do the 5 th treatment, and hopefully all of them will be gone.

For the guys still on the fence, dont hesitate! I'm 150% happy with the results.
In 5 months I got from shaving everyday and being embarassed with my shadow, to completely sly and shadow free.

Aleluia!  :*))
Regards from Melbourne,

Jack

Offline VoodooSyxx

• Sly
« Reply #635 on: January 03, 2013, 10:39:47 AM »

Shadow free is the only reason I would think its a good idea so I think 2013 is the year I do for the proper job.

I'm currently torn between laser haor removal and hair tattoo, however the hair tattoo option  is a little more worrying and expensive.

Cheers
Remember, tattoos do blur over time, so you'll wind up with a smudge on top of a bald head--doesn't make sense to me. 

Oh gosh. Isn't that sped up by sunlight exposure?

Yeah, it is. A hair tattoo sounds like a horrible idea to me. My ex brother-in-law had his scalp tattoo'd. Not a hair tattoo but a dragon that covered his entire head. After just a few years of exposure, it was already losing definition and the black ink was turning toward green.

Offline Bald Hobbit

• Sly
« Reply #636 on: January 03, 2013, 03:57:50 PM »
Yeah, it is. A hair tattoo sounds like a horrible idea to me. My ex brother-in-law had his scalp tattoo'd. Not a hair tattoo but a dragon that covered his entire head. After just a few years of exposure, it was already losing definition and the black ink was turning toward green.

Even his face? :(

marty22

« Reply #637 on: January 03, 2013, 04:05:23 PM »
Scalp tattoo, eh? Very kewl........

Offline VoodooSyxx

• Sly
« Reply #638 on: January 03, 2013, 04:11:50 PM »

Even his face? :(

No, not the face. The tattoo started right around where his hairline would be and went to the back of his head. He was/is BBC so he could theoretically grow his hair out and cover the tattoo, but just barely.

Offline Bald Hobbit

• Sly
« Reply #639 on: January 03, 2013, 04:23:56 PM »

No, not the face. The tattoo started right around where his hairline would be and went to the back of his head. He was/is BBC so he could theoretically grow his hair out and cover the tattoo, but just barely.

Eesh. Where did he get that idea?

Offline jako

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #640 on: January 08, 2013, 11:56:32 AM »
Hey everyone. I just joined and would like to join the convo. I've been reading for a few days, and I just want to thank you all. This is really helping me out. I just started thinking about the laser option. I'm 31 with most of my hair still there. I do have a badly receding hairline with a widow's peak. It's also becoming more and more sparse it seems. I just don't like the way it looks in general. In fact, I have been shaving the last 7 years or so. I tried to fix the hair line with a transplant before I decided to shave, but it was pretty much a failure (only some transplanted hair grew.) I became very skeptical of the whole thing and decided to shave. And I like the shaved look! What I don't like is the shadow and having to shave often. I believe I will continue to lose my hair, it runs in the family. I will also grey soon. I'm already grey in the beard and it has crept up. Also runs in the fam. Anyway, that's just some background. NOW, I saw a Doc today who says he has been removing head hair for 10 years. He claims that he would have no problems removing mine in an average of 5 sessions using the Cutera CoolGlide YAG. He claims NO PAIN using this laser! Based on what I've read here in your posts I want to be skeptical, but the guy has won multiple legit area awards for his clinic. Anyone care to comment? By the way, I live in CT, USA. Thanks again!

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #641 on: January 08, 2013, 01:49:03 PM »
First Welcome Jako,

I personally like to keep things simple as I can and in what I can .  I shave my head and I do have a shadow , so what .  I enjoy shaving, that is my time of the day , and no matter what I feel like after a good shave I feel great. 

There is so much you can by such as this NO NO thing to remove hair, and many other items.  Why not spend the money on a Head Blade, and some Head Blade Slick, do it in the shower, face in sink or shower with a good mirror.  We all have different ways but I am cheap, simple , and SLY !  And will not change.

Hope this helps .
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline VoodooSyxx

• Sly
« Reply #642 on: January 08, 2013, 02:00:11 PM »
I dunno. I've thought about this. Quite a bit actually. In the end, even if it worked well and everything, I prefer my time doin my shave thing. Yeah, it takes me a little while every day to get things perfectly smooth and in order, but I just don't mind that much.

Offline Mr Jules

• Sly Bureau
  • Same great sly look. Every day.
    • You Tube channel
« Reply #643 on: January 08, 2013, 02:02:08 PM »
I personally like to keep things simple as I can and in what I can .  I shave my head and I do have a shadow , so what .  I enjoy shaving, that is my time of the day , and no matter what I feel like after a good shave I feel great. 

Well said, Switchblade.

Offline jako

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #644 on: January 08, 2013, 06:46:35 PM »
I hear you guys, and totally respect it. I guess that's the main difference between us; not minding the shaving.

Enter your email address: