Author Topic: Laser hair removal on your scalp  (Read 605611 times)

Offline Jason66

• Sly Jr.
Re: Laser hair removal on your scalp
« Reply #570 on: April 08, 2012, 07:50:45 PM »
every time I try to post pics this forum guives me a error msg... I'm doing the "additional Options" and "Browse" then adding the pic... then when I hit Post it doesn't show up... A'm I missing something..?

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #571 on: April 09, 2012, 12:01:07 PM »
Dont feel pressurised Jason I am sure there are sorces whichare availiable to demonstrate this as there must be a market for laser therapy on some folk . I have gt a full head of hair which is shaved each day , the only chemical that works  are drugs which are not very  nice for a healthy individual .

Offline Jason66

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #572 on: April 09, 2012, 12:30:10 PM »
test

Offline Jason66

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #573 on: April 09, 2012, 12:46:19 PM »
This forum just makes it too difficult to post pic... it either states the pic file is too large, or already posted (when it wasn't) or some other error message... Then I have to start all over, even having to find the jubject. I'll be glad to send you pic, but I don't seem to be able to do it here. Send me your e-mail and I'll send them direct... I'll try and ask the Admin of this forum & see why I'm having so many issues.

Offline Common

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #574 on: April 25, 2012, 09:35:41 AM »
I've posted quite a few pics.  My experience is that once you're deep into the process (10+ treatments), what you have left is a fine hair that doesn't really show up in pics.  If you really want to know what it looks like, you should fly into town and buy me a beer or three.

Seriously though, it's been a couple of days since I shaved.  More than a year since my last treatment.  Here's a pic I just walked out and shot on the porch.

I hope this helps.

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #575 on: April 25, 2012, 01:44:08 PM »
Waxing or lasering your scalp does not impress me one bit, in fact I just don't get it. You can keep it.
I enjoy my shaving, and quite like having the stubble/buzz choice in between shaves, if I desire it.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #576 on: April 25, 2012, 01:51:41 PM »
I've posted quite a few pics.  My experience is that once you're deep into the process (10+ treatments), what you have left is a fine hair that doesn't really show up in pics.  If you really want to know what it looks like, you should fly into town and buy me a beer or three.

Seriously though, it's been a couple of days since I shaved.  More than a year since my last treatment.  Here's a pic I just walked out and shot on the porch.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks   common  and curious to know you  have shaved here  so  to some degree it works  I would be happy not to shave  and I am not sure that the  technology is there  yet   to go bald permanently without shaving 

Offline Baldnbald

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #577 on: April 28, 2012, 12:50:48 AM »
Thanks Jason66 and Common,

Pictures do help.  For me its not the act of shaving that I mind, its the shadow and the razor burn in the winter.  Common don't take this wrong man but in your pics you look like a light skin black dude and then that pic of your dome your complection appears a lot lighter, I suppose its the flash.  But yeah your definitely shadow free.  Now see if thats what I was paying for I would book my first appointment tomorrow.  I just need to make sure your not the exception to the rule.

@ Baldchav there actually do not seem to be many resources for this.  I have spent many  hours searching the internet and despite finding plenty of places that "will" do this procedure its painfully obvious that they have little or no experience with this and are not helpful with most of the questions that are presented on this site by real people who are bald, like myself.   

I'm gonna follow this post as well as look for other sources of info and hopefully this will become in demand enough that more people will offer it and the finished product will get better and better.  Thats the beauty of capitalism I guess, if there is a buck to be made someone will find the best way to do it and everyone will go to them.     
It is what it is

BaldnBald

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #578 on: April 28, 2012, 05:45:31 AM »
Waxing or lasering your scalp does not impress me one bit, in fact I just don't get it. You can keep it.
I enjoy my shaving, and quite like having the stubble/buzz choice in between shaves, if I desire it.

Amen!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Jason66

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #579 on: April 28, 2012, 08:52:37 PM »
I guess everyone has their reasons, opinions or likes. But the lasering in not meant to impress anyone but the person having it done. Many do it to get rid of the "horse shoe" or "toilet seat" (whatever it's called)shadow that's apparent on most even after a good shave. Some prefer not having to shave every day, and be able to go a week or more without dealing with it. Being able to shave in 3min as appose to 30min and "one" razor lasting over a mnth doesn't hurt either. many reasons, but impressing others is not one of them.

For those interested, I'm on my 11th session and have very little shadow (if any) after a shave. And that's good for a few days. After that, a fuzz starts to come in. it's hard to see in pictures unless a high definition camera is used (but unable to load those pic on this forum)  Pictures allowed don't show the detail. I normally go a week to 10 days without shaving and the slight shadow doesn't bother me too much. The hairs that do come in are very fine fuzz type so a razor can last a very long time.

Keep in mind the grays, that's an other issue. So if you are going to do it, do it as soon as you can before the grays start. 

Offline RickkyJ

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #580 on: May 01, 2012, 11:27:48 AM »

Well here is the problem. Not everyone can shave without serious damage to their scalp. It did not matter what I used. Clippers or a razor. The minute I was done I had bumps all over my scalp. My doctor advised me to use only scissors on my scalp and on my face to never shave close to the skin. Needless to say I did not look very good most of the time. I had bumps all over my face and scalp. One year into laser on my face and scalp I have zero bumps and I am very happy abut that. I am not doing this to impress anyone. Most people have all kinds of reasons for doing this. The cost and pain is too much for most to do this without a very personal reason.

Some people can shave without issues and I am happy for you them, but many of us as soon as the clippers touch our face and scalp the result are horrific bumps. There is no need for bumps especially on the face. With laser on your face you can control the amount of hair you want left, and the great thing is it stops the bumps. I don't know how it works, it just does.

Offline Baldstu

• Sly Bureau
  • Me
« Reply #581 on: May 01, 2012, 02:20:02 PM »
Very valid point Ricky , about the bumps and justifying lasers

Offline aweis

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #582 on: May 01, 2012, 03:54:51 PM »
I'm in the middle of doing IPL hair removal on my scalp. I've had two sessions so far. And as of yet it's still somewhat patchy, but the progress is looking good. You obviously really have to be sure that you wanna stick with the bald look because there's no turning back. For me it wasn't such a hard decision considering the fact that my hair is permanently damages in many areas making it look patchy even when I shave. If you're still interested, I could keep you posted as my treatments progress.

marty22

« Reply #583 on: May 01, 2012, 06:27:58 PM »
keep us informed!

Offline zetaeffe

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • The Bald by Choice Men group
« Reply #584 on: May 01, 2012, 06:42:40 PM »
If you're still interested, I could keep you posted as my treatments progress.

Yes, please keep us updated!

Enter your email address: