Author Topic: Laser hair removal on your scalp  (Read 605703 times)

Offline CraftyGuy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
    • My Facebook page
Re: Laser hair removal on your scalp
« Reply #315 on: February 26, 2010, 09:23:46 AM »
Think I'll stick to shaving, thanks...
MikeC

Offline Mazzle

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #316 on: February 26, 2010, 10:08:50 AM »
I'm 38 and have been shaving my head for almost 20 years now.  To be able to never have to shave again would be a dream come true, especially given that my beard is coarse and my skin is very sensitive.  Right now, I can't shave more than once every 3 days max without getting razor burn, which means I look scruffy more often than I look sly.   ^-^
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 10:14:01 AM by Mazzle »
Chrome domed for 20 years now.

Offline K2

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #317 on: February 26, 2010, 10:33:34 AM »
Mazzle... how much did they quote you a price for?

Offline Mazzle

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #318 on: February 26, 2010, 10:46:34 AM »
Mazzle... how much did they quote you a price for?
I'm not sure the price will translate since I'm doing my whole face too, basically everything from the neck up except my goutee.   The whole head covers multiple areas that they usually charge separately for, so some places can really gouge you if you want to face stuff too.  If I were just doing my scalp and back of the neck like most of folks here would, it would be way cheaper. 

Anyway, at the doctor with the Duet, it will be $320 a treatment for each of the first 4, $245 for each one after. 

(At the place I did a partial treatment with was $416 a treatment in a package of 6.  They listed the scalp part as $175 of it.  Another place I got a quote at wanted $815 a treatment for the whole head!)

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #319 on: February 26, 2010, 11:48:16 AM »
:) Happy Harry has this exactly right. Shaving makes it an affirmation and the ritual taps into something--I still don't understand--that makes baldness meaningful, not just an accident of genetics. Even though I have come to hate the little bits of stubble in the shaving cream, the act of shaving is, to me, some expression of cleansing. The time I most feel clean and rejuvenated is right after the last go-over for missed spots and washing off ofĂ‚  the remaining shaving cream. For about six hours after that, I feel emancipated; after that, the fuzz begins to grow again. Profesor Melon

I think the whole laser on the dome is just retarded, it's one thing if an individual has skin problems so severe that they can't shave but just to do it for aesthetics and ease of use is not worth it.  ( If I offend any retarded people, deal with it )

Offline kokyman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #320 on: February 26, 2010, 03:16:29 PM »
I think the whole laser on the dome is just retarded, it's one thing if an individual has skin problems so severe that they can't shave but just to do it for aesthetics and ease of use is not worth it.  ( If I offend any retarded people, deal with it )

It's well worth it, and the reason is simple - it's the goddamn SHADOW. Even though head is shaved, that shadow completely changes the perspective of the dome to the worse, especially with the white/light-skinned people. It looks almost as if the head is not shaven, and hair still on.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 03:18:54 PM by kokyman »

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #321 on: February 26, 2010, 08:29:46 PM »
That's great that it eliminates the Shadow, but so does getting some sun on the dome.

Offline The Noggin

• Pedestrian & Cyclist
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #322 on: February 27, 2010, 01:37:00 AM »
??? Where's the problem in letting the guys do what they want without insulting them?
Ach du meine Nase!

Offline kokyman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #323 on: February 27, 2010, 07:52:58 AM »
That's great that it eliminates the Shadow, but so does getting some sun on the dome.

:-\ Can you explain me this, please? How can getting some sun on the dome eliminate the shadow??

Offline K2

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #324 on: February 27, 2010, 08:25:17 AM »
get to much sun on the dome and you have a RED shadow... how is that better?

Offline Mazzle

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #325 on: February 27, 2010, 12:16:56 PM »

:-\ Can you explain me this, please? How can getting some sun on the dome eliminate the shadow??
It doesn't, nor does arguing with a troll who goes into threads calling people retarded achieve anything.  Just ignore him.  He can either him talk to himself or go away.

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #326 on: February 27, 2010, 03:59:59 PM »

It doesn't, nor does arguing with a troll who goes into threads calling people retarded achieve anything.  Just ignore him.  He can either him talk to himself or go away.
Pay attention  to detail and read carefully, I didn't call anyone retarded nor did I insult anyone. I think the idea of running a laser on your scalp is overkill and just dumb. Myself when I get more sunlight/tan it eliminates any shadow I get let's say during the winter times, and for the guy calling  me a Troll ( with only 10 posts ) I'm sure there is a brick wall nearby where you can voice your opinion.

Offline kokyman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #327 on: February 27, 2010, 04:03:16 PM »
Pay attention  to detail and read carefully, I didn't call anyone retarded nor did I insult anyone. I think the idea of running a laser on your scalp is overkill and just dumb. Myself when I get more sunlight/tan it eliminates any shadow I get let's say during the winter times, and for the guy calling  me a Troll ( with only 10 posts ) I'm sure there is a brick wall nearby where you can voice your opinion.

If that is your own pic as the avatar, I suspect that sun makes your shadow/contrast with bald skin even more pronounced...

Offline RyanJP

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #328 on: February 27, 2010, 07:34:32 PM »
If that is your own pic as the avatar, I suspect that sun makes your shadow/contrast with bald skin even more pronounced...

You've been a member since June '09 and you haven't loaded up an avatar pic as well as having only five posts of which there all on this thread.....do yourself a favor and fall by the wayside.

And kokyman no my head's not a problem with the pronounced shadow/contrast, my head looks outstanding in the summer or when I get plenty of sun.

Offline kokyman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #329 on: February 28, 2010, 05:07:39 AM »

You've been a member since June '09 and you haven't loaded up an avatar pic as well as having only five posts of which there all on this thread.....do yourself a favor and fall by the wayside.

And kokyman no my head's not a problem with the pronounced shadow/contrast, my head looks outstanding in the summer or when I get plenty of sun.

Sorry dude, nothing against you truly, but you don't look good at all like you think so. Pale skin, nazi-type head and face, and with that kind of skin certantly the shadow is much more exposed - be it light or dark hair. So, YOU do yourself a favor and listen to these guys here, you may learn something new and maybe even enhance your look one day... no hard feelings.  :@`

Enter your email address: