Author Topic: Laser hair removal on your scalp  (Read 605722 times)

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
Re: Laser hair removal on your scalp
« Reply #195 on: September 29, 2009, 05:35:19 PM »
I can think of many better things to do with that kind of money, sorry guys I just can't see it.    :/O

Offline Common

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #196 on: October 01, 2009, 08:42:48 PM »
I believe that I paid $750 for six treatments.  It seems like $150 is the going rate for one hour of hair removal, which is what you've got with the scalp.  The place I went had a "buy five get the sixth free deal" (hence the $750).

I can't imagine what the justification would be for charging $300 or more per session!

so i filled out a RFI on this laser hair center here in Orange COunty Called south coast med spa. I just got off the phone with a guy and he told me that the procedure for 6 treatments will be $1325. Thats not too bad. They also have a 5 year touch-up rate @ 150.00

I may go in for my first treatment tomorrow..

Ill keep you guys posted.

B

marty22

« Reply #197 on: October 02, 2009, 08:41:07 AM »
when I went; everything was in 1/4 hr segments. Except the lst visit was 1 hr.

Offline petree dish

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #198 on: October 02, 2009, 11:17:23 AM »
Yea I ended up wussing out. The $ and not having ran it past anyone I trust was the kicker. I think I'm going to put away $150 a month until I can afford it. That way I will have thought about it and had budgeted for it.
Watch the stars turn into nothing

Offline Hook'Em

• Super Sly
« Reply #199 on: October 02, 2009, 11:25:24 AM »
when I went; everything was in 1/4 hr segments. Except the lst visit was 1 hr.

Didn't you only do the top Marty? Maybe that would explain the time difference?
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080722/samp3621da6c52487d03.jpg[/img]

marty22

« Reply #200 on: October 02, 2009, 11:28:08 AM »
top sides n part of back.

Offline petree dish

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #201 on: October 02, 2009, 11:56:20 AM »
Marty why didn't you do the entire thing?

Offline TheSlyKang

• Sly Jr.
  • Don't blame me. I voted for the old guy & hot chic
« Reply #202 on: October 25, 2009, 08:25:25 PM »
Got an appt 10/29 to get my 1st treatment. $200 per session. Told it will take 5 or 6 sessions. Got about 5-10% gray so I'll still have to hit it once or twice a week but beats the crap outta shaving every day.
Don't blame me. I voted for the old guy and the hot chick!

Offline petree dish

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #203 on: October 28, 2009, 11:03:56 AM »
Keep us posted Kang!

My reasons for doing this are mostly utilitarian. Long run it will be less money and less time dealing with stupid hair. I've never really liked or cared about hair until losing it, now I care even less! It's nice not having any hair.

Offline TheSlyKang

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #204 on: October 30, 2009, 10:19:33 PM »
Ok had the 1st session yesterday. Took two hours and was much more painful than I had anticipated. :-[ My hair is dark and fairly thick on the sides and back (very thin on top). Apparently the darker and thicker, the more intense it is. Used a combination of Lidocaine gel and an ice pack to make it bearable. Glad to get that 1st treatment done so I can start seeing some results. Waiting to see some hair start falling out now in a week or two.

Offline Common

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #205 on: October 31, 2009, 09:32:59 AM »
Congrats on taking the first step, Kang!  Two hours sounds long.  Maybe your technician took lots of breaks because of the pain.  Gradually, the memory of the pain will fade away, but you'll see results in a couple of weeks.

Next time, try taking three or four Tylenols 30-40 mins before your session in addition to the gel and ice packs.  The Tylenols seem to help.

Welcome to the club!

Offline TheSlyKang

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #206 on: October 31, 2009, 12:12:19 PM »
The tech had told me at the consult that she expected about two hours the first time. She drew off "sections" on my head and did one section at a time going first in one direction and then crossways across the same area.
So should I shave every day or two as I used to while waiting on the hair to fall out? Or should I let it grow and use a loufa(sp?) sponge in the shower to help it along on it's path down the drain?
And another question, what should I use to condition my head? Have used Lubriderm lotion and Head Lube before but both seem to leave it greasy. I want to shine without being greasy.
Thanks for your input and it's great to be SLY!!

marty22

« Reply #207 on: October 31, 2009, 03:49:17 PM »
2 hrs sounds like a long time for this pain.

Offline TheSlyKang

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #208 on: November 01, 2009, 04:39:35 PM »
It WAS a long time.  :'(  It ain't easy being SLY. 

Offline petree dish

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #209 on: November 02, 2009, 09:41:38 AM »
I also took the plunge this weekend and have my first appointment for lhr on 11/14. I'll keep you guys updated on the process with pictures. There is a brand new laser technology out that lifts your skin up a bit to get the follicle closer so it is faster in addition to being more effective and less painful. My sessions are going to be about 15-20 mins each and numbing gel is not needed.

B

Enter your email address: