Author Topic: Laser hair removal on your scalp  (Read 610244 times)

Offline K2

• Sly Jr.
Re: Laser hair removal on your scalp
« Reply #120 on: July 25, 2009, 05:31:29 PM »

Here is what my head looks like after 1 treatment. I was just about to leave for my second.

marty22

« Reply #121 on: July 25, 2009, 06:17:32 PM »
take it all the way if u can!

Offline K2

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #122 on: July 25, 2009, 06:28:25 PM »
I do plan on it. The only problem I have seen so far is I think I have about 15-20 gray hairs total. They are not white so I hope I can still ZAP them gone You can already see a receding hair line... I never actually had that. It is strictly from the laser treatment.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 06:30:41 PM by K2 »

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #123 on: July 26, 2009, 01:38:40 AM »

I don't really like the looks of how these treatments seem to create such large patches of bald spots.  What would keep it from evenly destroying the hairs?  Are these signs of operator error where they hover the laser over the skin longer than in other areas?

K2's head shows this to some degree but it doesn't seem all that bad (especially since it was after the first treatment), but this beard photo is pretty damn scary.
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline K2

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2009, 05:22:36 AM »
How many treatments have you had? From what I understand it will look like that to some degree until you are fully done (6-8 treatments). After 4 is when it should be most noticeable, then come the follow ups that hit everything else. The first 3-4 should be treatments that cover the Full area whether it looks like that or not. After those it should hit only areas that still have hair.

Offline Common

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #125 on: July 30, 2009, 10:33:30 AM »
I had some areas that looked a little like that after my first and second treatments.  It wasn't very noticable as the hair lines look like veins.  In general, I'd say that my dome appearance was improved starting with the first treatment.

I don't really like the looks of how these treatments seem to create such large patches of bald spots.  What would keep it from evenly destroying the hairs?  Are these signs of operator error where they hover the laser over the skin longer than in other areas?

K2's head shows this to some degree but it doesn't seem all that bad (especially since it was after the first treatment), but this beard photo is pretty damn scary.

Offline petree dish

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #126 on: August 03, 2009, 03:29:37 PM »
Hey guys. I am new here. I actually registered because of this topic and my interest. For those of you who have had it done, how often do you need to hit it with the razor before you start getting stubble again? or does it just completely go away??? Ive read through the thread and it sounds like the hair comes back very thin and white??? I like to go outdoors allot, do camping trips etc and being able to go days without having to bic my head sounds really appealing. I am committed to the smooth look, i love it and dont think i will ever want go back to having hair ever again.
Watch the stars turn into nothing

Offline K2

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #127 on: August 06, 2009, 03:08:34 PM »
It does not just grow back in white. What people are refering to is that the laser does always destroy the white hairs. So if you do have some white hairs they might not go away. Get it zapped before they start turning white. Im about to post some pics after my second treatment. Im gonna ive it a few more days and let it grow out for 4-5 days first. Its growing in a lot slower now. 4-5 days of growth is actually about 1-2 days before.

marty22

« Reply #128 on: August 06, 2009, 06:34:49 PM »
white hairs CANNOT be lasered. Only electrolysis.

Offline K2

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #129 on: August 06, 2009, 09:13:20 PM »
My fault. I was meaning to say that they cannot be zapped once they are white. I left out a word

Offline petree dish

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #130 on: August 07, 2009, 12:29:04 AM »
Make sure to post those photos K2. i wanna see what your 4-5 days looks like!
Watch the stars turn into nothing

Offline K2

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #131 on: August 13, 2009, 05:21:54 PM »
Alright guys I finally got around to taking and posting some pics of my head after my SECOND laser treatment. Im going in for my third treatment on Thursday the 20th. I know it looks like I have a receding hairline but it is strictly from the treatments. I had a full head of black hair before starting them. I let it grow out just to verify before I started. From my widows peak to about 3 inches back is already almost fully gone. You can sort of tell in the pics but it is WAY more noticeable in person. There is a distinct line.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 05:26:37 PM by K2 »

Offline Antimidas

• Team Sly
  • Super Sly
  • Actual name is Marty.
    • Antimidas.net
« Reply #132 on: August 13, 2009, 05:50:22 PM »
Is the splotchy appearance something that is ongoing until you complete treatments, or is that because you let it grow out a bit?  How many treatments in total?  And is there any ongoing maintenance treatments that you will need to do?

I think I might see if I can keep the shave going for a year before I actually consider it.  But knowing what my hair line looks like when it grows compared to the sly look, I don't think it will be a problem maintaining it.

marty22

« Reply #133 on: August 13, 2009, 06:21:39 PM »
are u satisfied so far K2?

slyatlast

« Reply #134 on: August 13, 2009, 06:38:57 PM »
How long will it last?  Looks like a time-consuming process.

Enter your email address: