Author Topic: Laser hair removal on your scalp  (Read 609295 times)

Offline SlyintheOC

• Sly
Re: Laser hair removal on your scalp
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2009, 04:00:08 PM »
They probably do not want you to shave to allow the skin time to heal. Shaving would further irritate the skin. When I had laser hair removal done on my back and chest, they also told me to keep an SPF48 or higher on everyday for at least a week even though I had clothes on. So be sure to protect your dome with a very high SPF.

Offline Some Guy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2009, 09:40:49 AM »
You usually won't see any results for like 10 to 14 days and then hair could continue to fall out for up to 3 weeks.   I was never told to avoid shaving but apparently the sun is a definite no no. 

Offline Hook'Em

• Super Sly
« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2009, 08:45:02 AM »
Chadimus, you have any hair fall out yet? The little test strip i had done has let go of the little buggers. Now I need to get the rest done!
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080722/samp3621da6c52487d03.jpg[/img]

Offline chadimus

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2009, 04:29:32 PM »
Hard to say at this point.  I think my first treatment was on a weaker setting than the doctor would have preferred, so next time we'll be numbing the dome in advance of the treatment.  It does look a little different and some of the hairs on the top of my head where there was very little hair to begin with are rough little bumps and even after I shave over them, they are still very visible.  I'm assuming these are dead follicles and eventually those will disappear completely.

I'm not really inspecting it much at this point.  I think it'll all work out after a few treatments, so I'm not going to make any rash judgments.

I'll take photos right before the next treatment and post them. 

Offline BuzzKC

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2009, 09:40:15 AM »
Some Guy's results look pretty good.  I would be fine with results like that. Shaving what's left would be a breeze. About time for me to go ahead and schedule another appt.

Offline Common

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2009, 03:38:28 PM »
It's been three weeks since my second treatment.  I shave every day to avoid patches, but could probably skip days if I wanted to.  My dome is looking good.  No shadow left on the sides and just a little on the back.

One funny thing.  I've begun noticing imperfections on other sly guys that I used to admire.  I see the hair they missed behind their ears, for instance.  That will never be a problem for me now.  "How sloppy," I think.

I'll post some pics after the hair from the third treatment falls out.  I think I'll be pretty good at that point, but I prepaid for eight sessions and want to get things perfect.

The hair seemed to come out faster after the treatments when I (a) shaved against the grain, and (b) rubbed my head with a loofa while showering.

Offline HateMyHairShadow

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #96 on: June 03, 2009, 03:42:05 PM »
I'd also like to look into this, I hate that shadow more than anything.

Totally agree!

Offline HateMyHairShadow

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2009, 04:11:50 PM »
Im going for hair removal in okt when I have stopped taken accutane (isotretinoin). However, I have to ask. Are you guys referring to laser as IPL laser or something else? Im from Sweden and Im going for IPL and since I have very dark hair and light skin tone Im an optimal candidate for the treatment. I had troubles finding a clinic who had experience on this though, but finally i found one. I dont know what I would have done if that wasnt the case. Fortunately I live in Stockholm so it made it easier in the search.

The reason why Im asking is that they said (on the clinic) that IPL is friendlier to the skin than regular laser and will A - make the results better and B - decrease the pain.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 04:14:20 PM by HateMyHairShadow »

Offline Common

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #98 on: June 06, 2009, 09:21:29 AM »
I have darker skin, so I'm using a YAG laser.  My skin seems to be doing fine, but the pain during the session is intense.  Hopefully it will be less painful with the IPL laser, but I can't see how.  Ultimately, the laser needs to penetrate the skin and heat the hair folicle.  It's the heat in the hair folicles that hurts so much.

Offline Meatman

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2009, 07:56:11 AM »
Some Guys results do look great.  I am really leaning to having this done soon.  I want a dome that and is shadow free..or at least shadow minimal.

Offline Some Guy

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2009, 06:19:05 PM »
Thanks.  I haven't posted on this thread in a while.  Within the past three  weeks I've noticed a few more darker hairs coming in, leading to a bit more shadow, but I also have a good tan going now so the shadow is still not very pronounced.  It's also even, not patchy or weird looking, so that's a plus.  I need to schedule another visit, but am deciding whether to wait until end of summer when my head is back to pasty white....

Offline Hook'Em

• Super Sly
« Reply #101 on: June 22, 2009, 09:40:43 AM »
Any updates guys?
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdn-img1.imagechef.com/w/080722/samp3621da6c52487d03.jpg[/img]

Offline Common

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #102 on: June 25, 2009, 10:05:27 PM »
I just finished my third treatment.  The nurse and I agree that at my current progress it won't require eight treatments to get the job done.  Nearly all of my hair is gone, with just a patch or two remaining in the back.

I was surprised by the level of pain when she lasered the patches of remaining hair.  It's hard to believe that I survived the first treatment since it all hurt that much.  For those considering doing this, I strongly recommend going to your doctor first and getting a prescription for a strong pain medicine like vicodin or percocet.  Remember to take the medicine 30-45 minutes ahead of time for full potency.  Ibuprofen and the topical head pain reliever didn't get the job done for me.

This visit was vastly better than my first.  No regrets.  As has been mentioned: the results are worth all of the money and most of the pain.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #103 on: June 25, 2009, 10:10:10 PM »
hey common:  thanks 4 the update.  that dome is looking smooooooth.  where & approximately how much did ya spend 4 each treatment? 

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline BuzzKC

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #104 on: June 26, 2009, 07:33:25 AM »
common, looks great.  I'm going to lay off until fall/winter.  way too much sun lately.