Author Topic: Divided We Will Fall  (Read 7426 times)

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
Divided We Will Fall
« on: April 08, 2018, 10:53:05 PM »
I’m sick and tired of many innocent people losing their lives to these senseless mass shootings. I’m sick and tired of the media glorifying these murderers and not focusing enough on the victims. I’m sick and tired of being reminded how peaceful and progressive other nations are while the U.S. remains divided and hypocritical on the right to life. I’m sick and tired of being on edge over when and where in America the next mass shooting will occur. I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Gun violence, along with racism, is an American epidemic. There hasn’t been enough done to tackle these issues in my view. I feel this is partly because of ignorance and twisted priorities. There is more outrage over a NFL football player refusing to stand for the national anthem than there is about mass shootings. An athlete who is exercising his right as an American faces more backlash than a murderer who has no right to end the lives of many people.  Let’s think about that for a moment.

Something I’ve realized over the past few years is how heartless and selfish a certain entity that shall remain nameless is. There have been several mass shootings across the U.S., but I hoped Sandy Hook would be the final straw. Boy was I mistaken; nothing has been done.

The basic right to life shouldn’t even be up for debate or made political. After all, “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness” is a fundamental principle that the U.S. was founded on. I guess it’s every man for himself at this point.

I just needed to vent after hearing all these accusations of the victims/students at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School of Parkland, FL being actors and conspirators.

Peace to all

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: Divided We Will Fall
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 02:12:42 AM »
I’m sick and tired of many innocent people losing their lives to these senseless mass shootings. I’m sick and tired of the media glorifying these murderers and not focusing enough on the victims. I’m sick and tired of being reminded how peaceful and progressive other nations are while the U.S. remains divided and hypocritical on the right to life. I’m sick and tired of being on edge over when and where in America the next mass shooting will occur. I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Gun violence, along with racism, is an American epidemic. There hasn’t been enough done to tackle these issues in my view. I feel this is partly because of ignorance and twisted priorities. There is more outrage over a NFL football player refusing to stand for the national anthem than there is about mass shootings. An athlete who is exercising his right as an American faces more backlash than a murderer who has no right to end the lives of many people.  Let’s think about that for a moment.

Something I’ve realized over the past few years is how heartless and selfish a certain entity that shall remain nameless is. There have been several mass shootings across the U.S., but I hoped Sandy Hook would be the final straw. Boy was I mistaken; nothing has been done.

The basic right to life shouldn’t even be up for debate or made political. After all, “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness” is a fundamental principle that the U.S. was founded on. I guess it’s every man for himself at this point.

I just needed to vent after hearing all these accusations of the victims/students at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School of Parkland, FL being actors and conspirators.

Peace to all

Well said Big Ken! I just find it shocking that the shooter at MSD is getting more sympathy than the 17 victims! People are sending this loser fan mail and food in prison! Then again, those people may be bigger losers than he is...
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 11:12:36 AM »
I have hope for the future generations of American politicians because the current ones have failed their constituents.

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 02:10:38 PM »
I have hope for the future generations of American politicians because the current ones have failed their constituents.

Right on! O0 O0 How soon is the future though??

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 02:12:36 PM »
Peace to all! I support you, my friend!

Cheers my friend!

Offline skinhead002

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 01:23:08 PM »
Guns don't cause the violence, people do. Drunk drivers kill people. Racist countries DO NOT ELECT unqualified black presidents and appoint black US attorney generals(both were severely racist to European Americans). It isnt "gun violence", its "people violence".
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 01:27:01 PM by skinhead002 »

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2018, 12:39:43 PM »
the future is now bigken.i agree with you 100% skin head.its up to the individuals to stop the crimes.

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2018, 09:00:47 PM »
Guns don't cause the violence, people do. Drunk drivers kill people. Racist countries DO NOT ELECT unqualified black presidents and appoint black US attorney generals(both were severely racist to European Americans). It isnt "gun violence", its "people violence".

What a ridiculous and ignorant comment!

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2018, 11:07:43 AM »

I’m not a moderator, but I believe , racial and political opinions are not permitted.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 12:41:41 PM by Magoo »
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2018, 04:16:23 PM »
skin head means shaved head nothing else.

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2018, 12:51:12 PM »
skin head means shaved head nothing else.

Magoo's comment was not at yours Scooby.

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2018, 12:55:53 PM »

I’m not a moderator, but I believe , racial and political opinions are not permitted.

Interestingly, no moderator has stepped in to speak out against such comments on this topic, and that's disappointing. There was even a time I had to point out a moderator's hypocrisy on his mention of political opinions on another discussion.

https://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=7752.0
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 01:01:49 PM by BigKen »

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2018, 01:16:25 PM »
I want to mention that I don't care nor need to know what any one's political, religious or even social views are. Something I will not tolerate on here or any where else though are comments I perceive to be racist or prejudice. As you can see from this link to another topic (https://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=9249.msg372062#msg372062), I did not take that remark lightly.

If you're going to be critical of an individual or label them it should be based on their character and not a trait they have no control over such as skin color.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 01:25:15 PM by BigKen »

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2018, 02:59:29 PM »
i agree.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2018, 05:03:23 PM »
Amen
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."