Author Topic: 19 and pretty thin.  (Read 4594 times)

Offline SoHotImCool

• Learning the way of Sly
  • <Insert Personal Text Here>
19 and pretty thin.
« on: November 21, 2014, 10:54:49 AM »

So, this is me, 19 years old, used to suffer with depression and gained a lot of weight. (Now loosing it, getting some muscle.)
Anyhow, recently, my hair became really, really thin.
Just wondering whether to save it or not really, clean shaven or shadow? Ideas?  :D

Offline tofur99

• Sly Jr.
Re: 19 and pretty thin.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 10:58:50 AM »
Kinda hard to see what's going on up there, I say just leave it for now unless its really bothering you.

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 11:13:19 AM »
1st of all welcome to the sly fraternity, anytime one has "thoughts" of shaving one's head.  That person will never be satisfied until the "deed is done".  I say embrace it and shave it all off IF you are thinning.  Keep us posted to your road to slyness. O0

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline DOC_OSMC

• Bald and Bearded
  • Super Sly
  • Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 11:19:08 AM »
I'm with Warhawk, if you're thinking about doing it, just do it.  I've been shaving my head for a year now and regret not having done it sooner.  My hair was also thinning and I held on far too long.  I can't see the pic, but if you're still hesitant, maybe go for a close buzz first before you go all the way.  I did do that, and it helped me get comfortable with having less hair.  Then it came to that point that even buzzing was covering up the obvious thinnness and I just took it all off.  Haven't looked back since!
My granddaddy once told me, "If you can't hack it, gecho' jacket!"

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 11:40:46 AM »
Hard to see from that angle...but I think you're okay for now...you could always buzz it short for now and then go sly later if the thinning worsens.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 12:45:48 PM »
Just do it -- then you'll know what it's like. If by chance you don't like it, it grows back. There's nothing to lose.

Offline number08

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 01:10:10 PM »
To be honest at first glance you looked as though you were shaved. I think you would look good. As always, shave it off at a numer one, if you then want to lose it all then get the bic to it. It will grow back quick enough.

Great news on overcoming the depression and the weight loss.From your pic you look pretty confident. Even though you have a dog biting your knee cap.........

Offline invaray

• Sly
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2014, 02:13:48 PM »
I think you should give it a try. You will like the look and the feel of it. 
shine and share

Offline SoHotImCool

• Learning the way of Sly
  • <Insert Personal Text Here>
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2014, 02:33:21 PM »
To be honest at first glance you looked as though you were shaved. I think you would look good. As always, shave it off at a numer one, if you then want to lose it all then get the bic to it. It will grow back quick enough.

Great news on overcoming the depression and the weight loss.From your pic you look pretty confident. Even though you have a dog biting your knee cap.........

Yeah, it was clinical depression, I'm usually very confident.
I swear, he photo bombs literally every picture taken in my house.  ;)
Also, thanks for the advice guys, trust me, it's really, really thin. Like, there is more scalp than hair up there. That's not even an exaggeration. I shall definitely give it a shave, thanks again!:)

Offline tobler1

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 03:59:01 PM »
I'm in agreement with the rest of the fellas.  If you've thought about shaving, it's definitely worth trying it out.  At best, you love it.  At worst, you don't, and you let the hairs grow back.

Offline SWvic

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2014, 02:18:40 AM »
Yup, just do it! Hair grows back in no time if you don't like it (but, reality check, you'll love it)!!!

Remember, 30 days...