Author Topic: Hairstyles have really changed!  (Read 7166 times)

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Hairstyles have really changed!
« on: April 18, 2021, 07:46:01 AM »
I went to a hotrod cruise-in last night, and noticed how hairstyles have changed. I was there with four of my friends. Two of us sported shiny shaved heads, two with short buzzcut, and one with a short crew cut. I mentioned to the one with the crew cut that he was looking a bit shaggy!

Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline chuck63

• Sly
Re: Hairstyles have really changed!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 12:52:47 PM »
I let my hair grow for a month or two back in the fall.  Even with a buzz cut I felt shaggy.  I shaved it off and haven’t looked back.  Other than that short period of time, I’ve been bald for over a year, and I love it.  I can’t see myself ever going back to hair again.

Offline Runningman586

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 07:36:10 PM »
Does that friend have any desire to join you on the bald side?

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 12:44:04 AM »
I am currently wearing a 12" silver mohawk!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 05:30:09 AM »
I see all kinds of haircuts in my travels.  I've even seen a few with blue or pink streaks.  I imagine what they would look like if they were completely bald and also wonder how they can stand walking around with that huge mop of hair.  I don't know why but when I see something like that, I get the heebe jeebees and I start to get itchy, but that's me.  As soon as I walk in the door, I get the urge to grab a shave or at the very least, wash my hair.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2021, 06:15:29 AM »
Runningman, I'm not sure if any of the guys considered shaving, I don't bring it up. One of the buzzcut guys is really getting thin on the top, though. He recently started cutting it himself, and quite often. He often comments that he got a haircut today, and I always comment "me too".

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2021, 10:15:53 AM »
 :*))

Offline Rusty Shackleford

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2021, 10:38:33 AM »
At my gym one thing I've noticed with younger guys is that they look like they're getting perms.  Several have super curly hair that doesn't look exactly natural.  Other things I've noticed is that there's a trend to fade the sides of the head but not the entire back, and some guys are shaving a pair of thin racing stripes on the sides of their heads like you used to see back in the 80s.  The perm thing is a fad that I don't quite get, but I'd rather see that than a manbun.
You don't know me, but I know you.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2021, 05:37:34 PM »
I am currently wearing a 12" silver mohawk!

And from what I recall, your mohawk looks awesome!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 06:53:33 AM by slybeard »
SlyBeard

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2021, 05:40:45 PM »
At my gym one thing I've noticed with younger guys is that they look like they're getting perms.  Several have super curly hair that doesn't look exactly natural.  Other things I've noticed is that there's a trend to fade the sides of the head but not the entire back, and some guys are shaving a pair of thin racing stripes on the sides of their heads like you used to see back in the 80s.  The perm thing is a fad that I don't quite get, but I'd rather see that than a manbun.

I think the faded sides, without the back faded, is the new version of the old mullet.  I have not seen any perms here yet, but south Louisiana usually lags in the fads.  I do see a lot of the cut in racing strips or lines as well.
SlyBeard

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2021, 02:18:30 AM »
Thanks @slybeard !

The funny thing about hairstyles, and styles in general. They will always change, but in some way reflect on the past.

There will ALWAYS be people who hate them.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2021, 05:04:19 AM »
I agree, hairstyles will always change, or old styles become new again. Now that so many guys have discovered the advantages of wearing a shaved head, I think it will become even more popular, and remain a common hairstyle choice.

We have a classic game show channel here, and they show some from the 70's and 80's. It's hilarious to see all the guys, young and old, with long hair below the ears. Many had long bushy sideburns too. Wow, that's a style I hope never comes back!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2021, 06:56:46 AM »
I remember how I wore my hair back in the 60s & 70s and I'm embarrassed whenever I see an old picture of myself.  Whenever I watch a television show, the hairstyles pretty much give away the release date of the film.  It's hard to believe what I see is real hair but I guess it is.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2021, 07:21:32 AM »
My ex wife was a hairstylist that frequently went to training on the newest trends. I was her guinea pig to practice on, so I got different cuts, colors, and yes, perms. Gosh, I hated that smell! And she hated short hair on guys. When I was 18, I got fired from a job for refusing to cut my shoulder length hair. How the hell did I end up bald by choice?

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2021, 07:31:30 AM »
You had the balls to grow your hair long when you wanted to grow it long, and to let your Ex experiment and train on your hair.  So you had the balls to shave it when YOU wanted to shave it.  Makes sense to me.
SlyBeard

Enter your email address: