Author Topic: New driver's license  (Read 4199 times)

Offline JohnRa

• Sly Jr.
New driver's license
« on: July 15, 2019, 06:54:46 AM »
I went to my local BMV here in Ohio to renew my driver's license over the weekend. I had to fill out paperwork with hair color, eye color, etc... you know.. the normal stuff. I wrote Brown for hair.

The lady looks at me and says, "Would you like your hair color listed as bald? That's a choice now."

I thought it was pretty funny!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: New driver's license
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 02:08:37 PM »
I went to my local BMV here in Ohio to renew my driver's license over the weekend. I had to fill out paperwork with hair color, eye color, etc... you know.. the normal stuff. I wrote Brown for hair.

The lady looks at me and says, "Would you like your hair color listed as bald? That's a choice now."

been there, done that in PA a long time ago. soon I have to get 'realID.'  prob be asked same question.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 04:03:07 PM »
I went for several years with my full head of hair photo after going sly. I always felt an explanation was needed when showing my DL. I was happy when I got a baldie photo upon renewal. Minnesota no longer lists hair color, which makes sense. Hair color can easily change on people.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline JohnRa

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 06:45:51 AM »

been there, done that in PA a long time ago. soon I have to get 'realID.'  prob be asked same question.

Yes, mine was for the "realID". I think Ohio is calling it the "Compliant ID" and it can be used for flying or other federal identification purposes.

Offline JohnRa

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 06:49:48 AM »
I went for several years with my full head of hair photo after going sly. I always felt an explanation was needed when showing my DL. I was happy when I got a baldie photo upon renewal. Minnesota no longer lists hair color, which makes sense. Hair color can easily change on people.

I was actually wondering about that. It's fairly easy to see "brown" on identification and tell whoever is looking at it that you shave it bald. But what about the opposite? I put "bald" on my license and then stop shaving for some reason? Will they accept it if you tell them you stopped shaving it? Will they interpret bald to mean that the person doesn't have any hair on their head naturally? I'm probably over-thinking it. :)

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 07:29:47 PM »

I was actually wondering about that. It's fairly easy to see "brown" on identification and tell whoever is looking at it that you shave it bald. But what about the opposite? I put "bald" on my license and then stop shaving for some reason? Will they accept it if you tell them you stopped shaving it? Will they interpret bald to mean that the person doesn't have any hair on their head naturally? I'm probably over-thinking it. :)
What you say makes sense.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2019, 10:20:49 PM »

the reason your photo IDs are updated on a schedule is to reflect one's CURRENT appearance. put down bald and forget about it.  People change over time and so do their descriptions. And yes, you're way over-thinking it.