Author Topic: Jsecoin and out  (Read 5401 times)

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
Jsecoin and out
« on: April 25, 2019, 01:47:54 PM »
Started to get the Jsecoin banner and asking to continue.

If this is the way forward i am out of here for good.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Jsecoin and out
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 02:37:25 PM »
What concerns you about JSEcoin?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 04:24:03 PM »
Why do you need it? Its not got good reviews. Privacy opt out? I dont trust it.

I will check back at some point but i think it was a bad move adding it to your site my friend.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 09:26:55 PM »
Why do you need it? Its not got good reviews. Privacy opt out? I dont trust it.

I will check back at some point but i think it was a bad move adding it to your site my friend.

Sly Bald Guys is free. I only make money from advertising and affiliate marketing. JSECoin is a way to make additional revenue and is actually a better user experience. It has allowed me to cut down the number of ads that I need to show to pay for the cost of the infrastructure to run the site and it safer for the end user. Ads track you; JSECoin doesn't.

So I'll ask again, what are you concerned with?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2019, 10:34:25 PM »

I am actually unable to go this site anymore on an apple device.  The top third of my screen is covered by ads from everything from hotels and the bottom half of the screen is covered by JSE coin.  Unless I click on the "I agree" box on JSE coin I cannot get to the login boxes!  and If I try to use my fingers to move the screen to get to the login boxes JSE coin jumps back in front of them!

On my main desktop machine the security built into the browser refuses to allow Sly Bald Guys to load anymore because it detects tracking bugs and it tells me that the site is unsafe.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2019, 05:14:03 AM »

I am actually unable to go this site anymore on an apple device.  The top third of my screen is covered by ads from everything from hotels and the bottom half of the screen is covered by JSE coin.  Unless I click on the "I agree" box on JSE coin I cannot get to the login boxes!  and If I try to use my fingers to move the screen to get to the login boxes JSE coin jumps back in front of them!

On my main desktop machine the security built into the browser refuses to allow Sly Bald Guys to load anymore because it detects tracking bugs and it tells me that the site is unsafe.

Exactly.

Jsecoin is not to be trusted. It eats into your resources too.

I for one wont be coming back to this site while that is in place.

Offline clipped

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2019, 02:35:15 PM »
Why do you need it? Its not got good reviews. Privacy opt out? I don't trust it.

Sly Bald Guys is free. I only make money from advertising and affiliate marketing. JSECoin is a way to make additional revenue and is actually a better user experience. It has allowed me to cut down the number of ads that I need to show to pay for the cost of the infrastructure to run the site and it safer for the end user. Ads track you; JSECoin doesn't.

So I'll ask again, what are you concerned with?

I don't even understand (a) what it is; (b) what I am "donating"; and (c): what the SBG website gets out of it.  Maybe of you explain it and answer these type questions, people will feel more comfortable about it?

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2019, 10:50:58 AM »

Exactly.

It DOES NOT eat up your resources. It takes up less resources than an advertisement.

@Semi-Sly The only tracking bugs would be from Google Advertising and Sovrn advertising network.  This type of tracking is why I'm trying get away from advertisements and move to technology like JSECoin. Which browser are you using?  Also, send me a screenshot of SBG on your Apple device. That shouldn't be happening.

I take the safety of our members and visitors very seriously and vet every technology I use on the site.

Quite simply, JSECoin runs a small javascript mathematical function to mine a cryptocurrency called JSECoin. It takes about the same resources as running a banner ad. IT DOES NOT slow down your machine or browsing experience. Hundreds of thousands of sites are using it and there is no threat to your security.

If you're really worried about JSECoin, all you need to do is go to this link - https://server.jsecoin.com/optout/ and you will be opted out and it won't run while you're on Sly Bald Guys.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 10:54:25 AM by Tyler »

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2019, 11:47:43 AM »

Exactly.

It DOES NOT eat up your resources. It takes up less resources than an advertisement.

@Semi-Sly The only tracking bugs would be from Google Advertising and Sovrn advertising network.  This type of tracking is why I'm trying get away from advertisements and move to technology like JSECoin. Which browser are you using?  Also, send me a screenshot of SBG on your Apple device. That shouldn't be happening.

I take the safety of our members and visitors very seriously and vet every technology I use on the site.

Quite simply, JSECoin runs a small javascript mathematical function to mine a cryptocurrency called JSECoin. It takes about the same resources as running a banner ad. IT DOES NOT slow down your machine or browsing experience. Hundreds of thousands of sites are using it and there is no threat to your security.

If you're really worried about JSECoin, all you need to do is go to this link - https://server.jsecoin.com/optout/ and you will be opted out and it won't run while you're on Sly Bald Guys.

I am out of here then. Dont want anyone using my resources. Opt out? No thanks. Dont trust them

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2019, 12:23:26 PM »
@Goatee Good luck. I don't want to see you go, but I believe technologies like JSECoin are the future of how web publishers monetize their websites as it's safe and is a better user experience for the readers. Unlike Google and other ad serving technologies, JSECoin doesn't track your every move. They are based in the UK which has the strictest privacy laws in the world and they have committed themselves to being completely transparent in their privacy.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2019, 10:17:32 PM »
Hello Tyler:

You asked me:

I don't know how to make a "screen shot".  but I do know that my apple Phone will not allow me to send a photo to anyone either by "texty message" * or by email.  I tried and I cannot even send my photos to my own email.  I have to load them onto a "thumb drive" and then ask my computer geek buddy to transfer them from the "thumb drive" onto my main computer using a special program that he has.

I don't ever use Google for anything (have you ever actually read their "privacy" policy or their "terms of use"?????!!!!

My main computer uses Tor as a browser and Duck Duck Go as a search thing.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2019, 10:41:09 AM »
@Semi-Sly my daughter has an iPhone, so I'll check it out on her phone to see if I can replicate what you're seeing.

Enter your email address: