Author Topic: Loosing hair and facing the music.  (Read 8530 times)

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Loosing hair and facing the music.
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2019, 12:21:47 PM »
You want "honest"?  O.K., I will be honest:

When I saw the first photo I said to myself; "I'll bet that guy is gay and he has a DAMN handsome face - that cleft chin - WOW!  But that Toupee he is wearing is just awful!"

When I saw the second photo I said to myself;  "Well, that "headlight" hairstyle on the front is a bit better than his other toupee; but that photo must be from the early 1980's because he is wearing a Mullet haircut in the back that Billy Ray Cyrus would approve of!"

When I saw the third photo I said to myself: "DAMN, he is A REALLY HANDSOME MAN!   God, I hate him!  Look at those eyes!  I never noticed those eyes when I was distracted by those tragically tortured hairstyles he had when he was wearing that toupee! Hmm...but why would he hide that chin with the goatee?  Less than 20% of the male population has the genes that result in a cleft chin - why would he hide that?  Burt Lancaster would have been just another wannabee if he hadn't had that cleft chin!"

And yes, I really miss my hair.  Today especially I was missing my hair and contemplating trying to grow it again hoping that this time it might be better being that I am farther away from the medications, etc.......

Thanks for the feedback. I played drums in bands when I had hair, so that's why it was longer to fit in with the other band mates who all looked like Eddie Vedder. The thought of a mullet is enough to make anyone croak.

The chin thing. HONEST TO HELL, I never even thought about it. Not something I notice in myself nor would think anyone else would. With or without facial hair, I can't recall getting any attention as a result.

Dude; that cleft chin is icing on the cake!  Ever try showing it off?  You could go clean shaven, or -i f you really want to rock the Mr. Badass look - frame that chin inside of a FuManchu mustache!
I'll keep the facial hair I have because I look so WASHED OUT without it. Think Mr. Clean.

Without facial hair is very easy look weak or sick.
I'm lighter hair/skin, so very true for me. Dudes with dark hair, can easily get away with it. 5 o'clock shadow in the beard is perfect.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2019, 04:05:17 PM »
You did have nice hair.  My story is different - I had a lot of hair, but never thought of it as nice hair.  Too much curl to keep it in any decent style, but not enough curl for a curly style, if that makes sense.  So even though my hair stuck around until age 50 or so, I never liked it.  I wish BBC had been more popular and I had just shaved it sooner, like @Tony Dadá

I do not have many old photos, but I found this on from about age 17
SB, I gotta say. . . you have the best before/after pic. Much better than mine. Contest and you win.

Offline J_Scott

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2019, 11:23:57 AM »
Awesome photos Chris!

Offline bennett11

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2019, 11:52:37 AM »
For me it was easy. When I was a senior in high school in 1949 I admired a classmate who had a very short buzz.  When I went to college the next year I got the same very short buzz - nickname became cueball which I loved.  Kept it very short thereafter and after losing some hair I shaved it long before it became more common,

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2019, 07:35:54 AM »
For me it was easy. When I was a senior in high school in 1949 I admired a classmate who had a very short buzz.  When I went to college the next year I got the same very short buzz - nickname became cueball which I loved.  Kept it very short thereafter and after losing some hair I shaved it long before it became more common,
Good for you, doing it before it became commonplace, as it is now. Respect.

Offline max.b

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2019, 01:08:50 PM »
You look better in the 3rd pic, in my personal opinion. Probably because you have a square head shape (Are you German / Scandinavian?) and also because split chins look weird to me (OTOH some women told me they think split chins are handsome)

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2019, 10:57:45 PM »
You look better in the 3rd pic, in my personal opinion. Probably because you have a square head shape (Are you German / Scandinavian?) and also because split chins look weird to me (OTOH some women told me they think split chins are handsome)
I don't miss that mop on my head. LOL. German here.

Offline Ty1963

• Sly Jr.
  • Hi I'm Ty
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2019, 12:39:02 PM »
In the first pic I think your hair look very time appropriate looks like the 80s maybe early nineties and you look like a baby that's coming in a 55 year old, so take that for what it's worth and the second picture looks like a little time was between the first ans second, and I didn't really noticed any hair loss going on from my perspective, but you look good with a shaved head as well. And I had your similar experience someone I had known for 25 years I went to see him for an appointment and he came out and started talk to me and I'm like what in the hell are you talking about he didn't recognize me even from having a conversation, but he's like you look 15 years younger and he admitted that he didn't recognize me. LOL
Hi I'm Ty I'm 55 years old my hair started thinning in my late 20s and really started thinning quickly in my late 40s I've worn a hair system for the last year and I've just decided to shave my head for 30 days and give it a try so far I like it I feel confident with my bald head. Feels great!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2019, 05:48:12 PM »
In the first pic I think your hair look very time appropriate looks like the 80s maybe early nineties and you look like a baby that's coming in a 55 year old, so take that for what it's worth and the second picture looks like a little time was between the first ans second, and I didn't really noticed any hair loss going on from my perspective, but you look good with a shaved head as well. And I had your similar experience someone I had known for 25 years I went to see him for an appointment and he came out and started talk to me and I'm like what in the hell are you talking about he didn't recognize me even from having a conversation, but he's like you look 15 years younger and he admitted that he didn't recognize me. LOL
I know. People didn't recognize me after my hair was gone; Hell, I don't even recognize me when I look back at my school days. It's like a different person.