Author Topic: Guys who are half bald  (Read 8671 times)

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
Guys who are half bald
« on: January 06, 2019, 01:17:47 PM »
Walking by the family hair salon in Walmart, I noticed a guy getting a haircut who had nothing on top, just a bit of a fringe remaining. I thought to myself, why would anyone pay for a haircut and be half bald? I never undrstand what stops guys like that from just shaving their heads.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Guys who are half bald
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 02:10:19 PM »
Walking by the family hair salon in Walmart, I noticed a guy getting a haircut who had nothing on top, just a bit of a fringe remaining. I thought to myself, why would anyone pay for a haircut and be half bald? I never undrstand what stops guys like that from just shaving their heads.
i also see that all the time. i try not to be snarky in front of dudes like that.

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 02:57:33 PM »
i work with a guy like that.

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 03:34:36 PM »
I mean, they're really getting screwed, paying a barber to cut so little hair!

Offline PDXGuy

• Team Sly
  • Sly
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 03:44:31 PM »
I have buddy who has the ring of hair. He has been complimentary since I shaved my head and told me about these straggling hairs on the top of his head that he shaves off between visits to the barber. I asked if he ever considered just buzzing it all off. He just responded with a no he was already bald.  Well sort of bald I thought and dropped the topic. He goes to a barber that will not do head shaves. I told him about my barber and that he shaved my head back in early December.  It will be interesting to see if I influenced him or not over the next couple of months. His head I guess if he likes the donut.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 05:56:44 PM »
It takes awhile for some men to get the courage to shave it all off. But you see more and more men taking the plunge. Remember back it may have taken some time for you to give it a try. But it really is becoming a new fad.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 06:47:14 PM »
I'll grant you, it did take me a little while. But if I was half or mostly bald already, I never would have questioned it for a second.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 06:58:10 PM »
I think some guys just like the barbershop experience and atmosphere. I have a good friend that gets a number 2 buzzcut every couple of weeks, and he is getting pretty thin on top. He always points out that he just got a haircut, so I always say so did I!

Pretty soon I'm going to ask him if he's thought about shaving it all off. Mother nature is already working on it.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 05:01:24 AM »
Just as we expect others to respect our decision to shave off our thinning hair, or a full head of hair, we also need to respect those who make other choices.

If anything, someone who chooses to deal with their baldness by just going out into the world with whatever he has left, and with his head held high should demand our respect, no? Isn't this the ultimate form saying FTW, I am bald, live with it?

It would be great if the choice that we make of what to do with our hair was ours, and ours alone without society dictating what we need to "do" with our balding scalps?

« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 07:49:42 AM by Sir Harry »

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2019, 07:51:56 AM »
Just as we expect others to respect our decision to shave off our thinning hair, or a full head of hair, we also need to respect those who make other choices.

If anything, someone who chooses to deal with their baldness by just going out into the world with whatever he has left, and with his head held high should demand our respect, no? Isn't this the ultimate form saying FTW, I am bald, live with it?

It would be great if the choice that we make of what to do with our hair was ours, and ours alone without society dictating what we need to "do" with our balding scalps?

This X1000. Remember the name of the website is Sly Bald Guys, not Sly shaved guys. The idea of the website here is to let people know that going bald is not the end of the world and to wear a bald head whether partial or complete with confidence

@DoberDaddy  My apologies, I meant to quote your post and accidentally hit modify. My mistake.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 07:55:31 AM »
@Sir Harry No worries... it looks fine.

:)

Steve

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2019, 08:26:17 AM »
Many likes the mpb look others are too afraid of change.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2019, 09:28:52 AM »
I know several guys with the fringe.  I respect that is their choice, but truth be told, I think they would rather have a shaved head.  But for whatever reason will not do it.

One told me once that the barber shop has a bald man's special - half price, to buzz his fringe.  He has absolutely nothing growing on top, and just gets a #3 or #4 buzz.  Another told me shaving was not worth the time it would take, even though he shaves his face daily.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 08:14:51 AM by slybeard »
SlyBeard

Offline Barbero Pelón

• Super Sly
  • If doesn't shine,you're not really BALD.
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2019, 10:33:10 AM »

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2019, 12:14:58 PM »
tony were you ever a wrestler,you look like you could be one.