Author Topic: Pityrosporum folliculitis  (Read 3099 times)

Offline Luket

• Learning the way of Sly
Pityrosporum folliculitis
« on: September 26, 2018, 12:28:55 PM »
Hello, Sly brothers. I have been bald for a few months now and have been lurking around this great forum for alot longer.
I have had small pimples on my head for a long time, even before i went bald. They sometimes itch and get red and they shoot up in all kinds of different places especially when Im stressed or sweating etc. I have been to a dermatologist a few times and he told me it was pityrosporum folliculitis and he gave me some pills and Nizoral shampoo and it got alot better especially on the top of my head where it was pretty bad at some point. But recently i have also got it on the sides where it normally hasn't really been before. Some people might not find it that bad but for me It's kind of an OCD thing.
I use an electric shaver on the top of my head and a blade on the sides and back(with the grain only) because the shaver is too harsh on my neck.
I would like to ask you guys if anyone else has pityrosporum folliculitis on their head and what they do about it?

Thank you.
Lukas

Offline scooby

• Sly
Re: Pityrosporum folliculitis
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 03:10:10 PM »
i use a electric shaver on my whole head,if if i dont shave my head for a while i get what looks like pimples but as soon as i shave it goes away.i dont know what it is,i never went to a doctor for it.after i shave every day my head feels nice and smooth.it takes a couple of days for every thing to go back to normal.i get a couple of sores every time i let my hair grow.i dont have any hair on top of my head where i dont have any problems.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Pityrosporum folliculitis
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 06:30:57 PM »
I have an issue similar to scooby. Mine is a sort of folliculitis that occurs if I try to grow my hair for about a week. Completely disappears if I shave daily.
Bald by choice, and loving it!