Author Topic: Skull Shaver Pitbull Gold - First Reaction  (Read 12589 times)

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
Re: Skull Shaver Pitbull Gold - First Reaction
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2020, 08:15:43 AM »
I have seen that cordless razor but, the  foil shaver looks much better...
Have never had a Andis, so I can’t give an opinion, but the Pit Bull is better than the series 5 Braun for head shaving. The Pit Bull has 5 rotating heads that curve around the head. And way faster X 2 .
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2021, 03:59:28 AM »
Ok, I discovered that the heads on my pitbull were improperly aligned.  Each head has a couple of notches that need to fit into the piece that holds everything together so once I did that, the shaver has a completely different attitude and does a great job.  We know this thing was assembled by machines so I guess the machine messed up but I got it straightened out.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2021, 08:03:42 PM »
Ok, I discovered that the heads on my pitbull were improperly aligned.  Each head has a couple of notches that need to fit into the piece that holds everything together so once I did that, the shaver has a completely different attitude and does a great job.  We know this thing was assembled by machines so I guess the machine messed up but I got it straightened out.

When I first got mine I had a battery problem after a month or two. I sent the battery back and they sent a new one. I have not had any problems since.I like the PB for shaving in the winter . But use a disposable in the warm season.

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2021, 11:59:23 PM »
I tried the "Kemei" version of the Andis Foil Shaver... rubbish.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2021, 03:44:31 AM »
I use the pitbull as a wet shave to get my hair as short as humanly possible before prepping for the razor shave.  Otherwise, I'll ruin the razor blade and get a lousy shave.  Remember, my hair is very thick.  Some guys can shave once a week with no problems but I think everyone has different hair thickness and density so maybe that's part of my problem.  I have to shave every day or I'll have bad problems when I do shave. 

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2021, 03:53:22 AM »
Shaving every second day works best for me.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2021, 04:57:41 AM »
I received the Tiklean version shaver on Sunday, and I was really anxious to try it. It simply didn't do the job. It left alot of stubble, compared to my Remington foil shaver. The foil shaver actually shaves so smooth, it's very close to a razor. The new razor was returned yesterday. I'm just wondering if the Pit Bull is a better quality and would work much better. I'm now convinced the 5 star reviews on Amazon are mostly fake!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2021, 04:57:20 PM »
I have the Braun 3 and it gives a very good and close wet shave.  These rotaries just don't come close to a foil shaver.  The rotaries are good if you want a little stubble on your head.

Offline hilasmos

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2021, 08:11:45 AM »
I use the Skull Shaver several times a week, and it does leave short stubble if I use it dry.  If I use it wet, it cuts closer, but it still isn't nearly as good as a razor.  I do like it, but I rotate between the Skull Shaver and using a razor.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2021, 11:28:25 AM »
I think my problem is that I'm so used to using a razor that nothing else comes close.  Now my head is spoiled and demands a good razor shave.  I don't know what else to say.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2021, 04:59:16 PM »
I just used the Pitbull Gold Pro for the first time today with shave cream in the shower. It felt like it did leave a bit of stubble but visually it looked just as good as a blade.
Has anybody used Lectric Shave with this? If so was there any difference?
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.

Offline Djimini Krikit

• Hair is over-rated
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2022, 12:16:58 PM »
Just got my pit bull gold today, and Sam still learning technique.  It gave a fairly close shave, but really irritated my neck.  I’ll try it wet next time, but will give my neck a day or two to recover.
Why did I shave my head?  I got a wild hair and couldn’t figure out which one it was!” -me

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2022, 01:56:46 PM »
If I go a few days without shaving, the pitbull takes it down without any pulling.  Not as close as a razor but I can easily shave against the grain so even though the pitbull is overpriced, it's still a good way of cheating when it's not possible to get the razor shave.  I don't use my pitbull for a wet shave because if my head's already lathered up, I might just as well use a razor.  The pitbull shaver is nice to have around but is pretty expensive.  At that price, It would be nicer if it got rid of the stubble too!  Ah well, such is life.

Offline Djimini Krikit

• Hair is over-rated
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2022, 04:39:45 PM »
I got mine on eBay, new open box, for $59, so I didn’t spend much, I went back over it with the Headblade and it was super smooth and didn’t take much longer, so for me I think the Headblade is king.  My balding brother is going to go sly soon, and I don’t think he’s quite as picky, so I’ll probably gift it to him
Why did I shave my head?  I got a wild hair and couldn’t figure out which one it was!” -me