Author Topic: Skull Shaver Pitbull Gold - First Reaction  (Read 12582 times)

Offline Montana

• Sly Jr.
  • Get busy living
    • Life Inside Jack
Skull Shaver Pitbull Gold - First Reaction
« on: November 29, 2017, 01:54:28 PM »
Totally love this thing.

I have tried the disposable blades. I have used a Remington 3 head rotary. I have tried a dual blade safety razor and I have tried a few combinations of two of these.

I can get my head shaved very close, so close it shines, but always end up with a burning scalp. I have tried various gels and ended up where I started with Barbasol as the best option. I have used this with a mix of Softsoap also. But again it ends in burning.

So I bought the Pitbull Gold and right away it did a pretty fair job on my head. My hair growth (what's left) is very cyclonic in nature so nothing is straight as far as hair patterns. I used a simple rotation pattern as I shave. Pairing the Pitbull with the shave foam was comfortable.

The first shave left a couple patches on my head. The second shave was closer in some parts but not perfect. However, the shave was close, quick and didn't burn my head up.

The packaging includes a slip about giving your head time to adjust and that's probably very problematic for them as this slip was right on top. However, I'm reasonably confident that this shaver and I will figure out my head very soon.

As a bonus at the time I ordered I was able to get a 3 head shaver for my girl for $9.99

TLDR: I'm very happy with this shaver.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 12:07:34 AM by Tyler »

---
Love. Joy. Hope. Peace. Freedom.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
Re: Skull Shaver Pitbull Gold - First Reaction
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 05:59:05 PM »
Is this a new model of the Skull Shaver , don’t remember that one?  Hope it works out for you.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Montana

• Sly Jr.
  • Get busy living
    • Life Inside Jack
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 11:14:19 AM »
It's been a month and after a couple of days of irritation, which wasn't terrible, this shaver is doing a better job. Amazing because it was good right out of the box.

There is an adjustment period. That will go away. You must hold it properly to get all 5 rotary heads to contact your skin. It holds it's charge and can run while plugged in but that hasn't been an need.

Overall this thing is great. If your scalp prefers a shaver over blades this is worth serious consideration.
---

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 11:23:33 AM »
@Montana thank you for the review. That's great to know.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 12:28:58 PM »
@ Montana , how long does it take to shave your head ? Longer or shorter time compared to a regular blade razor?

Offline Montana

• Sly Jr.
  • Get busy living
    • Life Inside Jack
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 12:00:16 PM »
@ Montana , how long does it take to shave your head ? Longer or shorter time compared to a regular blade razor?

I'm going to say it's a little bit longer but nothing to order a pizza for. My hair on the back of my head is ambitious and isn't an easy pattern to take down so I have to work kinda hard on that area, and that is the same with a razor also simply because my hair is a cyclone back there.

I hope that helps.
---

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 08:04:13 PM »
Thanks it does , I’ve been considering purchasing one. It would be a change  to use on occasion as an alternate method.

Offline Montana

• Sly Jr.
  • Get busy living
    • Life Inside Jack
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 11:29:33 AM »
It's been a while now with the Pitbull Gold and I want to share that it is still the best shaver I have used. It seems my head has taken to it and my actual shave time has been reduced to just a couple of minutes. It works great, is easy to keep clean and all around has been worth the price.

Because this site is now loaded with all sorts of things poppin' up at me I won't be back.

All the best,
---

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2020, 01:53:58 AM »
I got one yesterday and tried it.  I'm not sure if something's wrong with it or I'm doing something wrong but after reading the glowing reviews I much prefer a good razor shave.  I'll try it again today but I'm not expecting much.  If things continue this way, I'll send it back.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2020, 01:05:00 AM »
UPDATE:  I tried it again yesterday and it worked better.  I looked at the foils and saw that the openings went from narrow to larger so instead of using circular motions I used a back and forth motion.  The thing worked better the second time.  I think this thing takes some getting used to and can't expect much the first time which only burnished the hairs.  Last night I touched up a few rough patches on my scalp and the pitbull took em right down to the nut.  I think I wasn't holding it properly the first time but I'll keep trying until I get it right.  Apparently there's a learning curve to using this thing.  I'm so used to using a razor that I'm convinced that nothing can replace a razor shave but I guess it's worth a try.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2020, 09:19:54 PM »
I have used mine for about one year . I like to use it in the winter only. I can do my head in about 90 seconds. No way is it as close as a regular bladed razor , but for a fast shave or touch up I like it. I had a problem when I first received it , sent it back they gave me a new one , so far no other problems. Their response was pretty fast , so no complaints on their integrity. I also have a  series 5 electric. It cuts closer , but takes at least twice as long , and feels awkward in comparison. Also louder and vibrates more than the Pit Bull . The Pit Bull has a real natural feel once you use it a few times.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 09:31:23 PM by Magoo »

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2020, 02:50:45 PM »
I think my scalp is so used to a razor shave that an electric doesn't touch it anymore, not even my Braun.  I got the pitbull mostly out of curiosity and tried to cancel my order but someone there didn't read the memo.  Oh well, that's $100 I'll never get back.  I'm fine with my razor.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2020, 01:33:18 PM »
Ok, ok.  I know you folks heard enough from me but one last thing I just discovered.  This is a big surprise!  Remember when I said I was used to a razor shave?  Well...I think that was the problem because with the pitbull shaver, I had to press down but with a razor I can't so now I don't know what to say.  I used it on my face first and my face was so smooth that a blade would't have done a better job then I used it on a few areas of my head that were starting to grow back and I noticed these areas were coming out pretty smooth so I think I figured it out.  However, I still prefer a razor shave, It's good to know I can rough it out with the pitbull shaver then hit it with a blade and probably get more shaves out of the blade this way.  Sounds like a plan to me.  I'm happy now because I didn't waste my money. :)

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2020, 03:16:05 PM »
I don’t think you waisted your money either. I think the  Pit Bull shaver is the fastest way to shave Takes me no more than about 2 minutes per head shave. Granted not as short as a regular razor, but for a quick head shave or a touch up great. Personally I use it only in the winter when Not in the mood to get all wet and cold to shave. Works for me and I prefer it to my Braun which is slower an more awkward to use.

Offline Goatee

• Bald and Proud to be!
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2020, 06:24:17 PM »
I have seen that cordless razor but, the Andis foil shaver looks much better...

Enter your email address: