Author Topic: dating when bald - not getting the same attention  (Read 19497 times)

Offline tryingtostaypositive

• Sly Jr.
Re: dating when bald - not getting the same attention
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2017, 05:39:28 AM »
The first BAD indication is referring to women as "Hot Babes". What do YOU look like? Are you a "10"? If you are a slouch, and blame your inability to meet "HOT" women on you hair, you have more than an issue with your HAIR.

I am only making an accurate observation from my own experience of going out and observing reality, I simply do not see many bald dudes with really attractive women and that video, I know it's only one video backs up that point.  What I look like is irrelevant. In any case I have mentioned that having lost my hair, I'm not feeling great about it.

I think reddog who responded to me earlier at least understands my point that baldness is a deterrent to many but I feel many on this forum do not want to admit that. 

Offline TheodorusRex

• Sly Jr.
  • Each moment is a place you've never been before.
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2017, 06:31:03 AM »
You're so weak, man... Mentally at least.  Look at the Rock - Vin Diesel, Jason Statum - I work at a resort and I've seen many hot chicks with bald dudes...  I haven't notice any difference in my dating life.  If you're struggling - it's because your insecurity is showing.  If you wear your dome proud and confident - you will score. 

Wow, I just can't believe it. 

Let me give you some insight.  Men fall in love with their eyes - women fall in love with their ears.  Live and learn.  It hasn't affected my game - that I can tell you...
Started shaving November 25th, 2016

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2017, 07:09:56 AM »
The first BAD indication is referring to women as "Hot Babes". What do YOU look like? Are you a "10"? If you are a slouch, and blame your inability to meet "HOT" women on you hair, you have more than an issue with your HAIR.

I am only making an accurate observation from my own experience of going out and observing reality, I simply do not see many bald dudes with really attractive women and that video, I know it's only one video backs up that point.  What I look like is irrelevant. In any case I have mentioned that having lost my hair, I'm not feeling great about it.

I think reddog who responded to me earlier at least understands my point that baldness is a deterrent to many but I feel many on this forum do not want to admit that.

You can admit if you feel baldness is a deterrent to your dating. But when you say many on this forum will not admit to the same ,you are then looking to raise negative comments.  Aka :  troll .
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2017, 02:29:38 AM »
Just come hang out at my gym. You'll see a lot of hot chicks hanging out with bald guys.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline kerryman

• Sly
  • Life is what you make of it
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2017, 04:23:11 AM »
In fairness most of the girls saying no wouldn't be at the top of most guys pulling list😂😂😂
Some men see things as they are and say why ?. I dream things things that never were and ask: why not ??

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2017, 05:57:14 AM »
Time and time again my point is being proved though. Bald guys simply are at a disadvantage. I understand that it's about confidence and how you come present yourself to a degree, however as I said before, we are all judged initially outwardly on the way we look.  So if baldness is already something that turns most women off, then these sly bald guys never have a chance to prove that confidence and show off their personality, BECAUSE THEY ARE REJECTED AT THE FIRST STAGE.  Looks aren't everything but obviously they matter.

In the same way, you see an overweight woman in a bar/club, most men aren't into that and so they're not going to approach her, even if she happened to be a sweet, decent, genuine caring woman with many good traits.  It's the same with sly, bald guys; most women will gravitate towards men with hair. 
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 05:59:16 AM by tryingtostaypositive »

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2017, 07:23:56 AM »
Tryingtostaypositive , many of your statements are accurate.  But your crying about having no hair doesn't solve " your "  problem does it ?  Other than complaining about your lack of hair what , do you suggest we should do ?  You we're dealt a certain hand in life make the best of it. The other forum where they make fun of us and try to put hair on the heads is where you should stay .

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2017, 12:28:21 PM »
Tryingtostaypositive , many of your statements are accurate.  But your crying about having no hair doesn't solve " your "  problem does it ?  Other than complaining about your lack of hair what , do you suggest we should do ?  You we're dealt a certain hand in life make the best of it. The other forum where they make fun of us and try to put hair on the heads is where you should stay .

You are correct, I guess I just need to find a better coping strategy to deal with this and feel more positive. What would solve the issue is if I did meet my ideal partner because she would accept me with my bald head and everything else. So for me, that's what it really comes down to. It's all to do with women and being able to attract the right person. Once I do that, then why would I need to worry about being bald anymore?
Are there other single bald guys who feel this way?

I remember reading a story about a guy in his 50s who was married, had children, had his own business etc. was successful in every area of his life but his hair loss bothered him so much that he decided to go for a transplant and I just thought why is he that bothered...I mean he has everything he wants and at that age I can't imagine even caring that much.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 12:36:11 PM by tryingtostaypositive »

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2017, 12:42:17 PM »

You are correct, I guess I just need to find a better coping strategy to deal with this and feel more positive. What would solve the issue is if I did meet my ideal partner because she would accept me with my bald head and everything else. So for me, that's what it really comes down to. I know for other guys, regardless of their relationship status, the baldness is still going to be a problem.

The old saying " we all have that certain partner out there " is probably true . Most people have doubts, especially in our younger years. So just keep on trying you never know when that special person will show up.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2017, 07:09:12 PM »
I know of two examples of women being attracted to bald men.  My daughter' best friend at age 25 met, fell in love with and married a guy who was fully bald at age 26.  Five years later, they're happily married.  One of my neighbors had very advanced MPB and shaved his head on his wedding day.  He and his wife have three kids and just celebrated 12 years of marriage. 

Yes, some women are turned off by baldness.  People, both men and women, have inherent biases, but if we let our perceived shortcomings keep us out of the race, we have no one to blame for our unhappiness but ourselves.  My wife is attractive and charming. It took me a ton of courage to ask her our because I'm not the most athletic, best looking, richest, wittiest guy, but I'm really glad I took a shot because we're happily married for 33 years.  Guess what? She loves me as much as bald guy as when I had a full head of hair.

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2017, 01:57:11 PM »
I suppose you're fortunate in that you got in there before you went bald. That certainly helps.
I was talking to this girl online and this is what she had to say about bald guys -

The majority of attractive women in our age group (22-35) do not find bald men attractive. Not all but most. Guys in your situation need to have other compensating factors such as a great personality and a huge circle of fun friends, a great house, a boat, a great job, great connections, etc.

Her screen name is LA Doll.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2017, 02:08:29 PM »
Dude. That might be one of the most shallow things I've ever heard a women say/write. I shaved when I was 26 and quickly wished I would have done it sooner due to the amount of attention I received from women. I lived in SF at the time.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2017, 06:18:14 PM »
"LA Doll"? My guess is that she's not. 

Offline Gerard

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2018, 12:30:36 PM »
I on the contrary meet many girls who like bald men

Offline RickyBenang

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2018, 02:25:50 PM »
I think this is a question every man who considers shaving their head asks themselves - Will it effect my attractiveness and chances with women?

Ultimately, from my experience and observation, the visual side to attracting women DOES play a role, but is not the be all and end all of your success in dating. It really falls down to how you CARRY yourself as a man. If you perceive yourself as less of a worthy man, then the women in your life will literally be able to smell the self doubt you have. A man with genuine confidence on an INTERNAL level is far more attractive than a man whose confidence relies on external traits (such as good hair, height, etc). I talk about this subject in one of my vlog posts on my youtube channel:

Enter your email address: