Author Topic: February Sly Fitness Challenge  (Read 21673 times)

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
Re: February Sly Fitness Challenge
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2013, 04:15:55 AM »
Lower back pain is well under control. Much better than last week at this time.  Can probably get some mild exercise in today.  Eating is on track. Worked through several pot luck dinners etc.  There were limited healthy choices. Chose them.

Then came home and finished the meal with healthy food at home.

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2013, 12:46:44 PM »
I rocked up at my gym this morning to find it closed as the staff hadn't made it in due to snow! I wanted to go at lunch but today in work was manic! @c3

Offline MarkusToe

• Sly
  • spring is coming
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2013, 02:13:34 PM »
I started Wing Tsun 4 weeks ago, its 1hour self-defence and half an hour strength training, I go there three times a week, and I would like to make the first exam this month

Its great to have a group of people to work out with

Offline Viking

• Sly
  • The artist formally known as Gearhead.......
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2013, 05:50:49 AM »
Just checking in, had 4 days of no exercise and a couple of days of cheats on the diet so I felt the need to confess!!

I've decided to not exercise on the days when I'm doing doing 12 hour shifts at work, simply as I don't have the time unfortunatly. But that is only a couple of days a week and I tend to do double exercise on my days off. Getting into the weights side of it now so hopefully I will be able to do a quick 15mins of that on my long days just to keep ticking over!

As for the diet cheats, Monday was my girlfriends birthday so had a couple of pints of lager and a pizza at a comedy night (after only a couple of weeks of being exclusively healthy this made me feel rough, makes you think about fueling yourself with crap!). Yesterday was Pancake Day (is this just a UK thing??) so of course I knocked up my usual pancake lasagne.....lovely!! Although these were cheats I'm ok with that as 1) I kept healthy for the rest of the day, it wasn't a "I'm gonna eat bad tonight so I may aswell all day!", and 2) I don't want to miss out on special occasions as I feel that'll just make me miserable and not enjoy what I'm doing, I'm trying to go from a 10% good / 90% bad diet to a 90% good / 10% bad!! I feel that saying no to everything not so good will just make you want it more!!

Dropped 8lbs / 3.6kg this month so far.

Offline MarkusToe

• Sly
  • spring is coming
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2013, 09:03:54 AM »
whats a pancake ladagne?

Offline Viking

• Sly
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2013, 09:14:50 AM »
Like a normal lasagne but using pancakes instead of pasta....it's good!! Dependent on where you come from people seem to have different ideas on what a pancake is, to me it's not a thick thing like an american pancake but it is thicker than a french crepe!!

Offline TyMoore122

• Think....DO!
  • Sly
  • www.FriendsOfCFF.org
    • Friends of CFF in Washington State
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2013, 10:33:33 AM »

Looks like we got some good activity with Team Sly  O0

I just pulled my 9 month summary from my Polar watches....love these devices and highly recommend the FT80 for weight lifters and RCX5 for cyclist!!!

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2013, 01:47:53 PM »
Started with earnest this week. Day 2. cycle, run and weights. Plus chicken and salad!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2013, 07:03:12 PM »
Sticking with my eating plan. Down 8 pounds so far.

Delayed start of exercise plan due to sever lower back pain, but substituting stretching exercises to address the pain, and chiropractic visits. It's helping.

Chiropractor is joining me on the eating plan .  We are the same height and weight and both need to loose about the same amount. Nice team.

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2013, 11:36:55 PM »
I'm glad to see so much activity here, every is doing so well!

Viking, don't stress mate, you are allowed to break your diet every now and again, and as you said, they were special occasions and you really don't want to miss out. As for the missed sessions, if you are working a 12 hour day, I don't blame you for missing a session! It's good to have rest days anyway  O0 At the moment I'm only training 5 days a week myself.

Ty, those are some great looking numbers mate  O0 I wonder what my numbers would be like... pity I've got now way of finding out. Although in 9 months I have lost 16 kilograms (35 pounds), and if only I kept a training diary... I could have some numbers lifting numbers for you too... Oh well.

Buff and Mr.Z, glad to hear you guys are keeping on track! It's pretty cool that you roped your Chiro in to Mr.Z!

I got a new PB on Tuesday night for incline Bench press this week, I managed 4 sets of 47.5kgs (~104lbs) I think my previous record (a previous program) was 45kgs, I love going back to old exercises and seeing how I've improved  O0

Anyways, keep active guys, it's great hearing how everyone is going. I'm taking an unscheduled rest night tonight, because it's Valentines day, and while I don't ahve anyone to celebrate it with, my gym partner does... so he is otherwise occupied tonight. I just don't think he is dedicated to the cause  ::)  :*)) But I think we are planning on working out on Saturday to make up for it!

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2013, 03:32:05 AM »

Buff and Mr.Z, glad to hear you guys are keeping on track! It's pretty cool that you roped your Chiro in to Mr.Z!

My chiro is very supportive of this.  He challenges all of his patients to participate.  This time around, he's offered to mentor more closely with me.  So it's a mutual thing.  He's a high energy guy. Passionate about health. Convinced that 'living right' is the best choice for healthy living, not a pill to mask symptoms. Let's enjoy life to the fullest. Feed your body with what it needs to repair itself, rather than processed foods that offer convenience, but reduced nutrition and preservatives, etc.

Good guy.

Offline Viking

• Sly
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2013, 03:41:30 AM »
Just done my first weight sesh, all free weight stuff with 15 mins cardio to warm up. Need to work on my form a bit but I felt parts of my body i didn't even know I had!!  ;D

Got a few weights Q's but I'll not clutter this thread with them!

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2013, 02:20:52 PM »
Pushed it today! I am now wrecked!

Offline Beardman

• Sly Bureau
  • Sly and loving it since 2 June 2012
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2013, 05:54:22 AM »
Had an awesome chest sesh tonight, I'm loving lifting heavy again, my shoulder is... while not, and probably never be, as it was before it was injured. I'm still starting to see myself pushing past my pre-injured PBs. So that's awesome.

I'm glad to see everyone still working hard. A big Kudos to you Viking, that's awesome man. I love that feeling. I don't get it soo much these days, because I think I've found every muscle in my body now. But they still cry at me by the end of a good session.

isleepinthebuff

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2013, 04:02:23 PM »
Three workouts this week and loads of cardio. Then I had a freakin pizza when I got home! It was force fed to me! Gutted! @c3