Author Topic: Skydiving!  (Read 12028 times)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: Skydiving!
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2018, 01:39:02 PM »
Looks like you had a great time!
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2018, 07:41:47 PM »
Nice pics, love the one with the plane! I used to jump although it was quite a few years ago. I agree with you, it is very hard to describe the feeling. I loved to jump out, look up and watch the plane fall away from me.

Thanks John!! How were you able to look up at the plane with all that adrenaline rushing through you??

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2018, 08:09:54 PM »
Ken you are brave , think the only way l could leave that plane is by being thrown out .

Thanks Magoo! What about if you were on a plane about to crash, hahah?

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2018, 08:59:31 PM »
Looks like you had a great time!

For sure!

Offline JohnRa

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2018, 05:57:10 AM »
Nice pics, love the one with the plane! I used to jump although it was quite a few years ago. I agree with you, it is very hard to describe the feeling. I loved to jump out, look up and watch the plane fall away from me.

Thanks John!! How were you able to look up at the plane with all that adrenaline rushing through you??

Oh, I didn't the first few times for sure! I was certified on static line first, and there was no time to look up before the parachute opened. Then I did a bunch of clear-and-pulls before going into freefall jumps. I was probably 50 jumps in before I first saw the plane "fall away". If I recall, I flipped upside down on accident while bombing the door and happened to see it. Pretty sure I messed up that formation because of my antics! LOL

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2018, 11:49:13 AM »

Oh, I didn't the first few times for sure! I was certified on static line first, and there was no time to look up before the parachute opened. Then I did a bunch of clear-and-pulls before going into freefall jumps. I was probably 50 jumps in before I first saw the plane "fall away". If I recall, I flipped upside down on accident while bombing the door and happened to see it. Pretty sure I messed up that formation because of my antics! LOL

Fifty jumps?? So skydiving really was a norm for you! Speaking of certified, does that mean you can be an instructor?

Offline JohnRa

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2018, 06:54:14 AM »

Oh no, I never went through instructor certification. I was certified to jump out of a plane without supervision or the aid of a jump-master. I jumped regularly for quite a few years, I sure do miss it!

Fifty jumps?? So skydiving really was a norm for you! Speaking of certified, does that mean you can be an instructor?

Offline BigKen

• Super Sly
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2018, 11:56:50 AM »

Oh no, I never went through instructor certification. I was certified to jump out of a plane without supervision or the aid of a jump-master. I jumped regularly for quite a few years, I sure do miss it!

Why don't you jump anymore?

Offline scooby

• Sly
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2018, 01:27:50 PM »
i have never jumped out of a plane,but i do want to give you credit for jumping out of a plane and credit for going on to college,some day you could be the president of the united states.

Offline JohnRa

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2018, 10:50:45 AM »

Why don't you jump anymore?

Oh, life just gets in the way. Skydiving took up a lot of my time and money, multiple nights during the week, all day Saturday and Sunday. It was just too much. Your parachute is expensive, maintenance on it is expensive (main chute has to be inspected regularly and the reserve has to be inspected and repacked regularly by a qualified technician), you have to pay every time you jump. I found I either had time and money for skydiving or for regular life. I do miss it.

Enter your email address: