Author Topic: Getting the best shine  (Read 1783 times)

Offline Runningman586

• Sly Jr.
Getting the best shine
« on: September 07, 2020, 07:54:55 PM »
I got a two parter for ya. What do you guys do to get the best shine? I've seen some very reflective domes, and am wanting to try the look on for size. Also, just curious, what do you guys prefer for yourself shiny or matte? I asked a friend and he said that he wouldn't be caught dead with a shiny head.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Getting the best shine
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 12:23:08 AM »
I love the shiny head! I've had people tell me my skin looks very healthy. I do try to keep a nice tan also.

I have a very simple routine. Nice close shave in the shower, final rinse with cold water, and apply refrigerated witch hazel. Let it and dry and it's super shiny. I also exfoliate once a week. Give it a try!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Hingatao

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 01:44:31 AM »
I have mixed feelings about the shine: I like the way it looks but not the way it feels, especially in a warm climate like Hawai’i where I live now. I just ordered a moisturizing balm from Mountaineer Brand that they claim helps neutralize the ph in the skin’s naturally occurring oils. We’ll see what happens.
Hair is over rated.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 03:51:58 AM »
I never gave much thought the shine.  When I was working I had to wipe the oil off my head several times a day but now I don't get much oil on my head.  My head still shines a little.  My scalp seems to have a natural shine to it.  If I want a matte look, I can just shave dry with an electric shaver but the stubble drives me nuts.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2020, 06:52:44 AM »
I like the shine, and my head is naturally oily, so I do not need to do much.  If I want extra shine (or need sun protection) I just add a little sun screen.
SlyBeard

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2020, 08:18:35 AM »
I get my shine from using Aloe gel or from using Headlube Glossy from headblade. Using a scrub also contributes to a nice shine.

Most of the time i just use a regular moisturizer on my noggin. I lean toward a matte look. High gloss is more of my weekend look.

Offline JimHLA

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2020, 07:09:00 PM »
I also like the shiny look.  Here I have on Bee Bald Head Polish but usually I just use Dare to be Bald. I’ve just been shaving for a month and currently use a electric razor.

Offline ANASFIL

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 04:28:11 AM »
I love the shine too. I bbc, so it isn't  easy, I exfoliate regularly and I use pizbuin after sun, after my aftershave, to boost the shine

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2020, 01:15:46 PM »
I've found that Neutrogena with SPF 15 gives me a great shine.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2020, 03:24:17 PM »
@ asefil not fair using paste wax lol . That’s some shine.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 03:25:51 PM by Magoo »
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2020, 08:58:13 PM »
My head is naturally shiny after a smooth shave.  It looses its shine as the hair starts to grow back