Author Topic: Relieved and happy after finally buzzing!  (Read 8952 times)

Offline Johnz1986

• Sly Guy in Training
Re: Relieved and happy after finally buzzing!
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2014, 07:48:20 AM »
LOOKING GOOD BRO! O0

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2014, 02:57:51 PM »
Looks good
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline EmDe

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2014, 04:18:15 PM »
Thanks guys! I have a crazy die-hard thesis writing month ahead, after which I expect to graduate. Right after that, it seems like a great moment to take the razor. A bit symbolical too… getting ready for some ass-kicking in the work field ;) I will post a picture when I took the plunge! Thanks again for the kind responses.

Offline EmDe

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2018, 03:32:36 PM »
Hi everyone,

Something just made me think of this forum, and I logged in for the first time in years. That shows that I've unfortunately not been an active and supportive member to others here. Apologies for that. I am writing this update because my long absence here shows something very positive:

My hair loss is absolutely NO issue for me whatsoever anymore. Zero.

Since I took the plunge (after a time of heavy struggles!) and created this thread, things have gone really well for me. I have an amazing job, a gorgeous fiancé, great friends... and I simply feel good. My lack of hair is a talking point sometimes - for instance when I joke about not wanting to get my hair wet in the rain, or when other friends mention that it might be their turn sometime soon - but I have literally not experienced ANY negativity about it, from anyone, over the past years.

What a huge contrast to my expectations when I first joined this forum. I've written it here before, but I am writing it again: thanks everyone, for taking the time to support others here. You have no idea how much impact some honest and kind words can have.

Although I haven't been contributing on this forum, I sometimes feel that I can influence the views on hair loss in my social circle. For instance by making my friends realize that loosing their hair will not suddenly make them less attractive (which is unfortunately such a common fear), or telling them that being kind, loyal, fun, ambitious, well-dressed, fit etc. are all factors they actually CAN influence. I really feel it's important that we counterbalance that negativity around hair loss that contributes to so many men feeling shitty.

Keep up the good vibe here, and thanks again so much for helping me get through that initial bump a couple of years ago!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2018, 06:48:11 AM »
Thank you for the update, and I'm glad to hear you're doing well. Everyone's experience is different, but I also received nearly all positive reactions after going bald by choice. After 5 years, everyone just expects to see me with a shaved head, no big deal. I wish you continued happiness!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Enter your email address: