Author Topic: receding hairline progressed since i started razor shaving ?  (Read 1964 times)

Offline fendertele

• Learning the way of Sly
receding hairline progressed since i started razor shaving ?
« on: January 21, 2018, 04:29:03 PM »
I decided to razor my hair off and have being do so every 2/3 days for a few weeks but I noticed once I let it grow out a few days that my receding hair line has worsened.... problem is my hairline recession hasn't progressed in over a 2 years... it's been the same the whole time I was shaving with an electric razor but has moved back a much further since I've taken up razor shaving... any ideas why this may have happened ?

Offline _Dan_

• Sly Jr.
Re: receding hairline progressed since i started razor shaving ?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 10:17:46 PM »
it was probably always very slowly getting worse, you just neve rnoticed it as you saw it every day and its very difficult to notice such minor changes in something we see daily. But then after you started razor shaving your head...you can't really see the recession at all untill you properly let it grow out, at which point it will seem worse than it was but in reality it just kept progressively getting worse without you noticing...till you let your hair grow out again

ehh, hopefully that makes sense. I got lost some where in there whilst trying to make my point.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
Re: receding hairline progressed since i started razor shaving ?
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 06:50:57 AM »
Shaving does not affect hair loss or growth.  I suspect the it hasn't changes as much as you think.  The thinning areas are likely only growing back slower, so it would just take more time to get back to where you were a few weeks ago.
SlyBeard