Author Topic: my confidence booster  (Read 3970 times)

cargoguy

my confidence booster
« on: November 15, 2008, 10:42:40 PM »
I had zero confidence as a youngster...I was tiny, weak and shy. So I started doing martial arts (Judo and Karate) and working out at 12 years old. Running, martial arts, weights, hockey, they all built my confidence. But the thing that really helped me was going through the Army...Boot camp and battle school, then recce training really was a confidence booster for me.  

W3!ght    

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
Re: my confidence booster
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 03:28:00 AM »
Thanks for sharing that!

Though I have never taken martial arts, I have heard that it's can add loads of confidence to a person who does learn it.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

PE#1

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 08:21:45 AM »
Welcome man, and a really great story.  Thanks for sharing.  Good to hear about your positive confidence.   O0

Offline Brkeatr

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 10:31:01 AM »
Thanks for sharing part of your life bro !!  Here's to wishing you the best !!    O0

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 04:06:33 PM »
Thanks for sharing CARGo! Listen to this man you guys that need a confidence boost. Yet another way to get it.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields