Author Topic: Wow your bald!  (Read 3763 times)

Offline Runningman586

• Sly Jr.
Wow your bald!
« on: December 01, 2020, 11:04:21 AM »
What are some of you guy's favorite reactions to you being bald? Mine was my best friend couldn't stop staring at me head the fist time he saw me bald. Almost like he was imagining himself bald. I thought it was pretty funny, but what about you guys? Also sorry about posting so many forums. I just like to here about other people's experiences and stories. 🤷‍♂️
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 11:18:43 AM by Runningman586 »

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
Re: Wow your bald!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 12:22:41 PM »
Post away!  The more post, the better!  My woman friend told me I'm really rocking the bald look and I look great.  Another told me my hair is just the right length.  My woman doctor seems to be fascinated by it.  My wife loves it.  My neighbor is sort of ambiguous about it.  My daughter doesn't really have an opinion.  I'm just owning up to it because I am who I am.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 12:25:14 PM by clint902 »

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 02:31:08 PM »
I'm sure most interesting comments are when you first start shaving. Almost all of the comments I got were positive. A friend's wife didn't like it, but she said at least I had a nice shaped head. Another friend said he wished he had the balls to shave his head.

After 7 years, the only comments are when I attempt to grow my hair back. Some look at me and say "wow! You have hair, I thought you were bald".
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2020, 05:47:07 PM »
I still find myself saying “Wow, I’m bald!” whenever I see myself in the mirror.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2020, 09:22:57 PM »
I'm sure most interesting comments are when you first start shaving. Almost all of the comments I got were positive. A friend's wife didn't like it, but she said at least I had a nice shaped head. Another friend said he wished he had the balls to shave his head.

After 7 years, the only comments are when I attempt to grow my hair back. Some look at me and say "wow! You have hair, I thought you were bald".

Red dog :   When you said that you had a friend who commented that he wished he had the balls to shave his head my reply to guys who they say that to me ; “ shaving your head is such a huge testosterone rush once you do it you’ll find that you have indeed grown that pair you seek !”

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2020, 02:23:03 AM »
Yeah, it is kind of ballsy.  I don't think it's a big deal however, so many people need hair to establish their own identity.  I'm remembering the "big hair" days when hair meant everything.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2020, 04:55:43 AM »
@Semi-Sly , haha, good one,so true! I'm sure we all remember how we all felt right before that first heads have, and the guts it took. I also remember after the first shave and how relieved I was.

@chuck63 , some days I still think to myself, I can't believe you're shaving your head bald!

Offline slickjack

• Sly Jr.
  • Day 1
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2020, 11:07:00 AM »
After being bald now for 8 months, I don't really get many comments any more. However, when I mentioned to a couple of people a few days ago that I had a big job interview coming up they both said "so you'll be growing back your hair then?" to which I replied "no, why would I do that?".  They didn't have an answer to that.  But it did strike me as odd that, even in 2020, people think having a shaved head isn't quite normal.

One old friend did say rather rudely on a group Zoom catch up recently that "I was just weird" for shaving my head (and that wasn't in a positive sense).  But I really don't care.  I now know it says so much more about the person commenting than me!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2020, 05:10:42 PM »
After being bald now for 8 months, I don't really get many comments any more. However, when I mentioned to a couple of people a few days ago that I had a big job interview coming up they both said "so you'll be growing back your hair then?" to which I replied "no, why would I do that?".  They didn't have an answer to that.  But it did strike me as odd that, even in 2020, people think having a shaved head isn't quite normal.

One old friend did say rather rudely on a group Zoom catch up recently that "I was just weird" for shaving my head (and that wasn't in a positive sense).  But I really don't care.  I now know it says so much more about the person commenting than me!

Hello skipjack

I think that I remember seeing photos of you with your hair.   In my opinion you will look much much better in that job interview with a freshly shaved head then you would with hair.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2020, 06:56:16 PM »

I agree that it's odd that someone would think you need to grow your hair back for a job interview.  The days of shaved heads having negative connotations are long gone in most parts of the country.  In fact, a well-groomed man with a shaved head looks very self-assured in an interview.

As for your friend saying you are weird for shaving your head, I think your friend was pretty tactless.  It's intrusive to make comments like that.  You don't depend on that person's approval for your own happiness and satisfaction.  My wife's cousin made a similar comment to me several years ago.  I told my wife it just reinforced my opinion that he's a jerk.

Offline slickjack

• Sly Jr.
  • Day 1
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2021, 07:44:58 AM »
Thanks @Laser Man and @Semi-Sly. I didn't get the job in the end. But that was nothing to do with being bald! I totally agree - a bald head looks smart and confident. It's strange what some people think!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2021, 08:23:50 AM »
Yes, a shaved head is definitely mainstream now. Men from all professions are wearing it.

I had my annual physical this week, and my family doctor who was bald with the horseshoe fringe, has now joined us and gone sly. I said, looks like we both got a haircut today. He looked good, even had a nice shine going!

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2021, 12:50:39 AM »
Thanks @Laser Man and @Semi-Sly. I didn't get the job in the end. But that was nothing to do with being bald! I totally agree - a bald head looks smart and confident. It's strange what some people think!
Thats a shame about the job, but something more suitable will come along