Author Topic: 14 days in and looking for advices  (Read 2595 times)

Offline w57956417

• Learning the way of Sly
14 days in and looking for advices
« on: February 09, 2020, 06:45:34 PM »
Hi,

This is my second time to try 30 days rule. Currently, I am on my 14th day of continuing shaving my head. I am bald by choice, and my hairline does retreat a little bit comparing with 20-year-old me. I love being bald, and my bald looking. However, I do get some razor bumps on the back of my head. Can somebody give me some advice to reduce the razor bumps? Also, my hair is very thick and hard; is there a way to make shaving easier?

Thanks!

Offline JohnRa

• Sly Jr.
Re: 14 days in and looking for advices
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 06:22:32 AM »
Hi. I used witch hazel a lot in the first few months to help with irritation. Once my scalp got used to the process, the irritation went away.

Are you wet shaving or dry shaving? Electric or razor?

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 07:16:06 AM »
There's a product called Bump Patrol, works good. I had to use it for the first couple of months when I first started shaving. Also, using an electric shaver helps.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline GettingThere13

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 02:21:12 PM »
I used to have issues but it’s easier now. I recommend starting by exfoliating with some kind of scrub, really scrub it in the shower. Then use Proraso pre-shave cream, a good cream like Proraso or Cremo, a careful shave with a fresh razor (I use Harry’s but you can use Mach 3 or whatever you prefer. The DE razors people love on here are actually quite irritating until you become a pro after years of practice... not worth it), I keep the blades rinsed as I work, and then when it’s done I blast it with ice cold water, and use Proraso after shave lotion (green), and then a basic lotion like Harry’s or Lubriderm... something simple like that.

Specific brands don’t matter much but it’s worth getting the “better stuff,” and really taking your time to do it carefully. A nice aftershave or witch hazel or something afterward will disinfect and help close everything up.

Also, exfoliate again when you shower. If you have any ingrown hairs coming in or something, scrubbing it will help loosen it up.
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE.

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 02:42:47 PM »
Some people just can not shave against the grain. How are you shaving?
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline Clippedmiller

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 09:46:06 AM »
Yes all suggestions are great and I use to have the same issue and exfoliating and witch hazel helped. Also I suggest that if you’re using electric then might try manual and vice versus.