Author Topic: Meeting new people  (Read 2422 times)

Offline Runningman586

• Sly Jr.
Meeting new people
« on: September 22, 2021, 06:10:21 AM »
I've been BBC for several months now and it been great. For the most part everyone around me has gotten used to my new bald look (it's rare but I still get a one off comment about when I'm going to grow my hair back). I have also met many new people that have only known me as being bald. It's funny when the see older pictures of me with hair, and they tell me they can't imagine me with/ever having hair. That makes me feel good that people now recognize me as being a bald man over someone that used to have hair.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Meeting new people
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 08:48:38 AM »
Yes, after a while, people forget you had hair. Not long ago, I was talking with my next door neighbors (he has a shaved head), about my shaving routine. I mentioned that he was an inspiration for me to shave my hair off, and his wife couldn't remember me with hair.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 09:50:19 AM »
I am at 10 years sly.  Older friends barely remember me having hair, and people I work with have never seen me with hair.  It is just who I am now.
SlyBeard

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 11:18:25 AM »
I just finished jury duty yesterday.  When we started deliberations yesterday, everyone decided to vote me in as foreman.  It was kind of a surprise.  I guess they thought that the big bald guy was the best choice

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 03:11:30 PM »
I just finished jury duty yesterday.  When we started deliberations yesterday, everyone decided to vote me in as foreman.  It was kind of a surprise.  I guess they thought that the big bald guy was the best choice
Whenever I get called for jury duty my doctor gets me out of it but I wouldn't get selected for jury duty anyway because If there's enough evidence against someone to bring them to trial, I assume they must be guilty. 

As for being bald, I meet new people all the time and I don't even think about my baldness.

Offline Razorhead

• Super Sly
  • Shave off that mess!
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2021, 07:50:43 PM »
It’s amazing how quickly you introduce new people into your life and they only know you as a bald guy. Events like moving, joining a new club or starting a new job really contribute to that.

So true how quickly people forget the ‘old you’ when we had hair.

I did have one point when I went back to the old me with hair….. and when I decided to go back to being a bald guy it felt like I was starting all over. I really regretted having to go through that.  But I’m happy to be a sly guy again. I’ve pretty much have given up on my sad, sorry hair. Lol. When I went back to shaving, no one noticed or didn’t say anything. I think people got use to me being flexible between having hair and not having it. Plus my hair was always military short so it probably never really mattered. The angst we create for ourselves. Hahaha.

Offline JohnRa

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2021, 07:05:20 AM »
It is funny how people forget. One of my friends just the other day asked me what color my hair was. I've been shaving for 3 years and I've known her for 20.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2021, 10:57:24 AM »
I mentioned before that I've grown my hair back at least a dozen times over the last 8 year. I can only make it 2 or 3 weeks before I can't stand it and I go back to shaving. I guess I made it about 6 weeks a couple times! I don't ever remember anyone commenting that I went back to bald again after shaving. Funny how not only new friends, but old friends just accept your shaved head style as your normal haircut.
Bald by choice, and loving it!