Author Topic: Talking to People....  (Read 16461 times)

GASlick

Re: Talking to People....
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2008, 08:36:02 PM »
Sounds like fun.  Where are you, Savannah?

I feel a GA mini-slybaldcon coming on!

Offline xnewyawka

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2008, 02:44:35 PM »
I find walking up to a woman and saying, "Whats up biotch?" works really well.
You get a quick read and can continue the convo or move on... sometimes very quickly!  :)

lol. Champ, you better duck quickly too!   ;D   ;)

Offline HeadbladerBob

• Sly
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2008, 10:02:01 AM »
I find walking up to a woman and saying, "Whats up biotch?" works really well.
You get a quick read and can continue the convo or move on... sometimes very quickly!  :)

B$MT

God created only so many beautiful heads, the rest are covered by hair

Offline baldmancometh

• Sly Jr.
  • Inner game is amplified by a shiny head
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2009, 10:18:44 PM »
I think meeting people is always fun. I always just ask about something on my mind regardless of how random it is. Ask for an opinion that's not yes or no. That way they have to talk, (or just be rude).

Like this,

Say, "I need an outside opinion. My friend just called me up and wants to go out to the club tonight, and though I really want to go, I know he's gonna bring his younger brother. His brother's a great guy, the problem there is that he has tourrets and randomly twitches and curses at people, loudly. I mean, I know he can't help it, and I feel bad for him, but we've almost gotten in fights several times because of it. What do you think I should do?"

That's the kinda stuff you tell people to start a conversation especially women, because they get emotionally involved. This a true story BTW.

I also find once you start chatting with someone if you treat them like you do your other long time friends they start to treat you the same way. This is where the crazy stories from your life become gold.

I think this is why Timmj is so fun, because I'd bet most if not all of his crazy stories are true or just slightly exaggerated and he makes everyone feel like an old friend regardless of how long he's know them.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 11:00:58 PM by baldmancometh »
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2009, 11:29:28 PM »
Yeah, crazy, but true stories are always good to have in the bag. 
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline TomKat

• This is not an infomercial
  • Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2010, 07:32:33 PM »
I've used this line time and again over the past few years, "Tall women are worth the climb." I'm 5'8" and for some reason lots of gorgeous taller women have been into me over that period, despite the progressive hair loss, and those are all I have dated.  Part of the reason I decided to shave it off last week was because they could see it so well and it apparently didn't bother them so I figured what the heck why not.   Ironically, the last few weeks I've started dating a shorty - which I prefer, mostly because they are easier to toss around, their legs don't get in the way as much and I like getting stuff from high shelves for them. :^)  She's on a trip and has no idea I did this.  Boy is SHE going to be surprised lol.

Here is my best tip:  I really don't use lines.  I think most women think they are lame.  Just be real and be yourself.  What I have done is made friends with LOTS of women, which are scarce around the SF bay area relative to where I grew up.  Most guys I know aren't good at this because they can't get past the sex part.  You must resist (I can find all sorts of reasons not to be TOO interested in most women) and be a true friend - even if they want to, which will invariably happen in lots of cases if you are halfway attractive and not a door mat.  Over time you will meet a lot of potential dates though them.  They will often chat you up without you knowing it - you'll find out from others later during pillow talk heh heh.  Heck, you might even try approaching some and starting up a conversation with a totally platonic motive as practice - which will help you get over your lack of confidence.  If you're like me you'll still get nervous sometimes though.   Ok, ok, pretty much always haha.  Fortunately I know so many now I rarely have to try hard, their friends just end up dropping into my lap so-to-speak.

Also, if you don't want a lot of pissed of girl 'friends' you had better be honest as to your intentions whatever they may be.

Speaking of women who is this MagnaBabe wow b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l.  Congrats to whoever is dating/married to her!  Such a sweetie hanging out here making guys feel better about themselves.