Author Topic: Facing your younger self  (Read 14673 times)

Offline Slyfive

• Human Torpedo!
  • Sly Bureau
  • Better to be bald than balding
    • My Band The DeLoreans
Re: Facing your younger self
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2012, 07:53:02 PM »
With a moustache that good, you could only be a cool person!

theman

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2012, 04:33:40 PM »
With a moustache that good, you could only be a cool person!
Thank you again  :) the older you get the more hair you get LOL,  Think it might be a hormone thing LOL.  I can remember when I was a youngen at 21 the stash wasn't that bad and I had to have it in lawenforcement to LOOK OLDER !  Lol.  But I found when you are out in the cold investigating a accident , helped hold the snot off your lips.  To tell you the truth always wanted one like Sam Elliots. And they could enclude the voice LOL.

Thanks, again and have a Great Day !

theman

« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2012, 03:14:33 PM »
Got tired of looking at the topic of I feel so down.  I am sure all of us have up's and downs in life , lord only know's I have .  But life goes on, never thought I would live this long  ;D ;D but I can remember when I wanted to look like Elvis, Vince Edwards, (Ben Casey MD)   ;D ;D That there was a big mistake.  I was so concerned about the hair on my scull cap looking good and worried about it , that I could have used the time dating, and going after the ladies !  LMAO. 

But when you get old and facing your Younger Self, you can look back and LYAO !!!   ;) 8)  Because it is all good.  You  came into this world and  with little hair, and gonna go out with ( sure hope I get to shave before I vaporlock !  With a clean head )  And dern proud of it ! 

Thank ya for the time.  Have a Great Day !

Offline TunaSkin

• My Blog: http://rollingintherok.wordpress.com/
  • Sly Jr.
    • My blog:
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2012, 11:52:59 PM »
First of all, Peteman, I know you didn't want to hear this but don't worry about those girl's reactions. It's nothing. My own experience has taught me that women (and men for that matter) think much less about our appearance than we do ourselves. That is to say, it's really only as big of a deal as you let it be. Don't give their words any power and they have none.

As to the rest of your post, I think back to when I used to have long hair and I think that if I still had a full, thick head of hair I would probably still be rocking the viking look, but I don't and it doesn't bother me. This is me now and I'm of the opinion that the only proper way to deal with yourself is to accept yourself, and that goes for everything. I don't try to hide the fact that I have a shaved head by wearing hats or anything like that. When people ask why I shave my head I tell them the truth- my hair is thinning in the front and a little in the back and I don't like it. It bothered me so I did something about it. I don't believe in trying to hide your appearance either. That's why I have this goofy-ass profile picture on here. This is me. A silly, bald bastard and my happiness isn't dependent on what I think other people think of my lack of hair.

If a girl gives me a negative reaction I don't let it bother me. That just makes my job easier. I don't have to waste 3 months getting to know her before I realize she's shallow and probably not worth knowing. Also, I really don't let too much of my identity get tied up in the fact that I don't have hair. I have other qualities that are attractive, so on the off chance someone does find my baldness unattractive I can still attract them in other ways. Does that make sense? I really don't think it's anything for a mature man to be embarrassed by or ashamed of, it's not like people lose their hair because they eat too much junk fund or spend too much time watching TV. It just happens to some people. Big deal. Should we be embarrassed that we are getting older? Of course not. Everyone is! Constantly! 

If people tell me to grow my hair out I tell them "no". If they ask why I give them the aforementioned reasons. Like I said, this is me. 

Accepting your younger self as much as your current self is a process, but personally I've never had much trouble doing that because I'm a pretty happy guy now, and my younger self made me the man I am today. Here's the thing about self acceptance- you have two choices. Accept yourself or not. The difference is that one is going to make you feel empowered, confident and make you a more likable person and the other is going to make you feel terrible, lower your confidence and probably make you a lot less attractive to everyone around you. The choice is ENTIRELY up to you.

Good luck, Brother

“Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”- Dale Carnegie

theman

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2012, 12:01:50 AM »
First of all, Peteman, I know you didn't want to hear this but don't worry about those girl's reactions. It's nothing. My own experience has taught me that women (and men for that matter) think much less about our appearance than we do ourselves. That is to say, it's really only as big of a deal as you let it be. Don't give their words any power and they have none.

As to the rest of your post, I think back to when I used to have long hair and I think that if I still had a full, thick head of hair I would probably still be rocking the viking look, but I don't and it doesn't bother me. This is me now and I'm of the opinion that the only proper way to deal with yourself is to accept yourself, and that goes for everything. I don't try to hide the fact that I have a shaved head by wearing hats or anything like that. When people ask why I shave my head I tell them the truth- my hair is thinning in the front and a little in the back and I don't like it. It bothered me so I did something about it. I don't believe in trying to hide your appearance either. That's why I have this goofy-ass profile picture on here. This is me. A silly, bald bastard and my happiness isn't dependent on what I think other people think of my lack of hair.

If a girl gives me a negative reaction I don't let it bother me. That just makes my job easier. I don't have to waste 3 months getting to know her before I realize she's shallow and probably not worth knowing. Also, I really don't let too much of my identity get tied up in the fact that I don't have hair. I have other qualities that are attractive, so on the off chance someone does find my baldness unattractive I can still attract them in other ways. Does that make sense? I really don't think it's anything for a mature man to be embarrassed by or ashamed of, it's not like people lose their hair because they eat too much junk fund or spend too much time watching TV. It just happens to some people. Big deal. Should we be embarrassed that we are getting older? Of course not. Everyone is! Constantly! 

If people tell me to grow my hair out I tell them "no". If they ask why I give them the aforementioned reasons. Like I said, this is me. 

Accepting your younger self as much as your current self is a process, but personally I've never had much trouble doing that because I'm a pretty happy guy now, and my younger self made me the man I am today. Here's the thing about self acceptance- you have two choices. Accept yourself or not. The difference is that one is going to make you feel empowered, confident and make you a more likable person and the other is going to make you feel terrible, lower your confidence and probably make you a lot less attractive to everyone around you. The choice is ENTIRELY up to you.

Good luck, Brother

;) 8) O0 Good Post ! 

Offline Frontier Guy

• Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • SBC: Sly By Choice ... "Since May 18, 2012"
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2012, 03:54:39 AM »
The choice is ENTIRELY up to you.

Succinctly, there it is.
"Sly can adapt to all surroundings!" - Wisdom from KG 8/19/2012

Enter your email address: