Author Topic: Tired of shaving my head everyday  (Read 64297 times)

Offline Maxalchemy25

• Chadwick
  • Learning the way of Sly
  • Virgin Head Shaver trying it out
Tired of shaving my head everyday
« on: January 19, 2013, 08:23:46 PM »
 Ive been doing the shaved head look for a while now and because of my schedule it takes a lot of time to keep the bald look going. I dont have the money to do something crazy like lazer hair removal, but ive head you can wax your head with zip wax. I have also tried those crappy creams that melt the hair away but they dont really work that well. If anyone could give me some advice has the best way to keep my head bald without having to shave everyday that would be great.

marty22

Re: Tired of shaving my head everyday
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 08:26:53 PM »
laser....and it takes quite a bit of time.  Welcome.

Offline slyjoe

• Sly
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 08:30:21 PM »
Keep shaving, its fun, and you might regret the laser if you do get it.
"Sly til the day I die"

Offline OzSly

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 08:33:43 PM »
G'Day Maxalchemy, welcome mate  O0

Just shave every second day if you are getting tired of shaving every day. You don't have to shave every day mate, if you shave your scone really close on the days do you shave then you will look just find the following day, not as smooth true but still looking good.

I shave everyday as I like the enjoyment it brings me, even if I have to get up a little earlier  :)

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 09:01:22 PM »
Ive been doing the shaved head look for a while now and because of my schedule it takes a lot of time to keep the bald look going. I dont have the money to do something crazy like lazer hair removal, but ive head you can wax your head with zip wax. I have also tried those crappy creams that melt the hair away but they dont really work that well. If anyone could give me some advice has the best way to keep my head bald without having to shave everyday that would be great.

What is your routine?   Maybe we can help thou tweak it.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Maxalchemy25

• Chadwick
  • Learning the way of Sly
  • Virgin Head Shaver trying it out
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 09:03:29 PM »
Thanks to all. Yeah I  can try shaving every other day. Besides the extra work to shaving its more because I want to try and minimize the stubble look. I like the bald look when its shiny and new lol. As for an introduction...Well my name is Chad and I live in Michigan. Im currently a junior in college with a major in japanese and a minor in linquistics. I was actually dared to shave my head about a year ago by a friend because I lost a bet but ended up really loving how it looked ^.^ I just wish I could get the super smooth bald look, but I suppose everyone does lol. O and my routine is pretty basic. Shave in the morning after I shower with the headblade.

Offline Lynchy

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 09:04:57 PM »
Welcome mate, sorry cant help with the waxing question.

Good luck though!
Lynchy

Offline Switchy

• Nice old man ;) Yepper
  • Ultimate Sly Guy
  • No Worries, Be Happy !
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 09:17:48 PM »
Thanks to all. Yeah I  can try shaving every other day. Besides the extra work to shaving its more because I want to try and minimize the stubble look. I like the bald look when its shiny and new lol. As for an introduction...Well my name is Chad and I live in Michigan. Im currently a junior in college with a major in japanese and a minor in linquistics. I was actually dared to shave my head about a year ago by a friend because I lost a bet but ended up really loving how it looked ^.^ I just wish I could get the super smooth bald look, but I suppose everyone does lol. O and my routine is pretty basic. Shave in the morning after I shower with the headblade.
Welcome Chad, nice intro.  O0 , We can all wish in one had my friend.   ;)  So do you use Headslick and if you do shave in the shower (fantastic)  I am half a$$'ed blind and I do it . Yes by Braile ,  ;D  works for me.  The touch and feel method.   O0  a year ago, you look good with the SLY look, keep it up and here we are.  ;) 8) O0
"Continuous effort---not strength or intelligence---is the key to unlocking our potential." 
                                                                                                             -SIR WINSTON CHURCHHILL

Offline Gary~

• Being...
  • Super Sly
  • 27-April-2013
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 10:04:31 PM »
Next time you shave it time how long it takes and let us know. It shouldn't take more than 3 minutes I reckon. Look at Jack in that HeadBlade add.

3 minutes is nothing -- and that's if you want to get it super smooth against the grain. If you could enjoy just with the grain it takes less than 60 seconds. Much quicker than brushing your teeth.

Offline Psycho

• Psycho
  • Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 11:30:36 PM »
I shave my head every 3 days when I go against the grain & every 2 when I go with the grain.

Psycho

Andrei

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 04:21:04 AM »
Welcome Chad!
Waxing or laser hair removal are too permanent for me.
In order to try to reduce the amount spent shaving your head you might consider an electrical razor (wet/dry).
Never used one, the razor is good enough, but it's an option.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 04:55:01 AM »
Welcome, Chad! I'm not an everyday shaver either, but ever since I started using a shaving brush and Shave Secret, my headshaves have been pretty smooth for three days on average! If you get a chance, post your shaving routine; I'm sure many of us have pointers. Based on your story, I'm guessing you are bald by choice and not balding. As far as the shadow, all of us bald guys have it and there's not too much to do about it. But as time goes on and your head tans, the shadow will improve and so will your shaving technique. Oh, by the way the shaved head looks great!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline mrzed

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Bureau
  • Addicted to head shaving.
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2013, 05:11:46 AM »
Hi, Chad.

I was going to suggest the head blade. It's fast.  I'm usually done in less than 5 minutes.

I'm encouraged that you lost the bet.  Glad that you like it. I shaved my head a year ago out of curiosity and lived it. Still bald a year later.   I'll guess then that you are bald by choice, and not naturally balding. That means that, like me, you have a full head of hair to shave daily, not just a thin patch.

That does take a bit longer and more blades.

Here's my take .  I enjoy the smooth head and shine ( head blade lube ), that I savor the few minutes each day to be sure that my head is very smooth.  Only when I'm in an extreme rush do I skip.  And I have the guys here on SBG to cheer me on.  I talk a lot about bald heads, too.

Offline Blitzed

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2013, 06:48:48 AM »
Really smart choices in majors. Had I known fifty years ago, I would have signed up for Chinese 111 to however high it went.
The perception of being bald has a lot to do with your hair colour. At my age-McKinley's assassination-I'm white and gray....but I still have 80% of my hair. I can go four, maybe five days without shaving just because even against the tan, the colour has a certain opacity that conceals it. Sort of camo for the head. Recently I've grown a 'stache which has more brown then is on my head and is very noticable. I knew a guy who bleached it so it wouldn't show; Bad idea, the scars showed very prominently. Never use a laser on your head and, really, no where on your body. If you're allowing a "professional" to do it, make damn sure they're qualified.
Add another minor in one of the sciences, preferably Physics also, think about applied mathematics and definitely go for the PhD. Suggestion, take a year off between your Bachelor's and Grad School, use that year to learn a trade, barbering, car maintenance, upholstery, doesn't matter what, just anything that can be called a "take away trade" I.E. something that you can do anywhere and make a buck. Fifty years ago although I graduated with Magna's and Summa's I didn't know how to do a damn thing; I still am only on the vaguest of terms with the internal combustion engine.
Best of luck and Congratulations plus Welcome!

Offline Mikekoz13

• Sure you can rub it... all the girls want to...
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2013, 07:30:23 AM »
Welcome Chad!

You have to shave to get that look and feel. Three minutes, as one of the guys stated, is ridulous to me. That's asking for some damage!
When I don't use my DE to shave my face I shave my face and head in the shower..... my face with a Personna cartridge razor and my head with the HeadBlade. Total time for face and head is 6 minutes. Every man should have at least that much time in his day for himself.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" W.C. Fields

Enter your email address: