Author Topic: If you could give any advice to someone who is balding or thinking of shaving...  (Read 213317 times)

Offline jaslewis631

• Sly Jr.
If your losing your hair bad just go all out .

You will feel much better in the end.

Offline kojakJR

• Sly Jr.
Honestly if someone is afraid of shaving their head, try going slow by getting a military cut with really short sides and a fairly short top and then go slowly from there and before you know it you will be shaving in no time.

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
Hey you'll never have to wake up in the mournig and say I just can't do anything with my hair today? Go for it and give your head a fresh scaping.

Offline SLYinKC

• Life's too short to not be SLY
  • Sly Bureau
  • Totally "SLY"
Hey you'll never have to wake up in the mournig and say I just can't do anything with my hair today? Go for it and give your head a fresh scaping.

The end of bad hair days....Priceless.. O0
<a href="http://www.imagechef.com/" target="_blank"> [img width= height= alt=ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more]http://cdnll.img1.imagechef.com/w/080404/samp2e8ccec0733546ef.jpg[/img] [/url]<embed

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
First, long hair on a balding head is just no good.

So you are going to keep it short anyway.

Go slow, 1/2", then 1/4", then press the metal of those clippers against your head...

then.... a little shaving gel and a razor...

may take awhile but you will find what works.
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
First, long hair on a balding head is just no good.
I used to work with a guy that had MPB big-time but kept the rest of his hair shoulder length. I never had the heart to tell him that he looked like a bowling ball wearing a hula skirt, but I did try to convince him to at least buzz it down or something.

He never listened. I wonder if he still looks that way today. I hope not...

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
he looked like a bowling ball wearing a hula skirt

:*)) :*)) :*))
“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

Offline warhawk

• sly 4 life
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
he looked like a bowling ball wearing a hula skirt,
bootedbear....that is an awesome visual analogy....i was taking care of a patient a couple of months ago & my patient's son had that same "bowling ball wearing a hula skirt-look" & i encouraged him 2 shave.  he said that he thinks about from time 2 time but is "scared" that it won't look right.  i definitely explained 2 him that he would "rock" the look.  his wife was also encouraging him 2 shave it also.....anyways.... i wonder if he actually "did the deed".
oh....bootedbear....thanks 4 sharing that term.  that term (bowling ball wearing a hula skirt) is hilarious. :*))

WARHAWK O0
Tough times don't last but tough people do!!!

Offline TheSlyBear

• Opinionated Walrus
  • Team Sly
  • Sly Bureau
  • 忍者クマ
I think what made me come up with that was that:

a) The top of his head was very shiney (which makes me think he'd look rocking sly!)

b) His hair was stringy, dry, and kinda blond-ish... you know, that look that hair gets when it's gotten too much pool and sun? Looked just like dead grass.

I'd never have been mean enough to say that to his face, I'd just drop hints about how guys that are thinning generally look better with shorter hair.

This was many years before I started shaving my head... but I've been buzzing it down to nothing for over two decades.

Offline Marz

• Sly Bureau
I always referr to that as the "Ben Franklin".

I threaten my wife with it from time to time (jokingly of course).

Offline tomgallagher

• Ad Free VIP
  • Sly Nobility
It is, after all, only hair and will grow right back.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
I always referr to that as the "Ben Franklin".

I threaten my wife with it from time to time (jokingly of course).

I call it the "skullet" like a mullet without the top.

I also threaten my wife with a visual of me doing that.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline JDog

• Sly Bureau
Bootedbear, that is a great description bro. O0

Bowling ball wearing a hula skirt ;D ;D

That is about as acccurate a description as you can get.

Offline Professor Melon

• Professor Melon
  • Super Sly
  • Professor Melon
 :/O I'd add to all the positive things the other guys have said: just consider the alternatives! Have you ever appreciated the horror of a "system," the cost of the thing, the smell of the thing, the dishonesty of the thing??? Further, have you my balding young friend, ever seen the scalp of a man who has had a plug-job and then a "correction" and then realized the whole pretense will have to stop? Much better a scarless perfectly "clean" scalp than one disfigured by wrong-headed attempts to hide what Mother Nature has inexorably decreed. It may come as a surprise to a balding young man, desperately trying to hold on to a fading self-image, that there are many people who are bald by choice and actually prefer the aesthetics of the shaven dome. Perhaps it is only my philosophy, but a man should face and embrace the thing he fears to get comfortable with himself. Otherwise fear rules you, and that's no way to live. Most bald/balding guys have at least one male relative, usually the maternal grandfather, who has been bald and loved for decades. Try to identify with him. My beloved father surrogate, a retired bishop, has been bald most of his adult life; I cannot imagine his wearing a piece or fretting about what is perfectly practical and natural. It's your face, and the expression you put on it, that really counts. Even the boomers are finding that adolescent vanity cannot go on for ever. All best, Professor Melon
Embrace the bald truth

Offline nomad

• Sly Beach Bum!!
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Bureau
    • Conch Republic Bikinis
:/O I'd add to all the positive things the other guys have said: just consider the alternatives! Have you ever appreciated the horror of a "system," the cost of the thing, the smell of the thing, the dishonesty of the thing??? Further, have you my balding young friend, ever seen the scalp of a man who has had a plug-job and then a "correction" and then realized the whole pretense will have to stop? Much better a scarless perfectly "clean" scalp than one disfigured by wrong-headed attempts to hide what Mother Nature has inexorably decreed. It may come as a surprise to a balding young man, desperately trying to hold on to a fading self-image, that there are many people who are bald by choice and actually prefer the aesthetics of the shaven dome. Perhaps it is only my philosophy, but a man should face and embrace the thing he fears to get comfortable with himself. Otherwise fear rules you, and that's no way to live. Most bald/balding guys have at least one male relative, usually the maternal grandfather, who has been bald and loved for decades. Try to identify with him. My beloved father surrogate, a retired bishop, has been bald most of his adult life; I cannot imagine his wearing a piece or fretting about what is perfectly practical and natural. It's your face, and the expression you put on it, that really counts. Even the boomers are finding that adolescent vanity cannot go on for ever. All best, Professor Melon

Ya what he said.

Professor Melon your the best.