Author Topic: I am genuinely confused about effects of shaving head  (Read 14109 times)

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
Re: I am genuinely confused about effects of shaving head
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2021, 03:53:57 AM »
You said your scalp is diseased so what's going on there?  I'm not sure what to say.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2021, 07:06:01 AM »
@BaldBlindAt20 , your last post makes me think you might benefit by talking to a professional. If this hair situation is causing depression and stress, you should get some help. I know it's a bigger deal when you're young, and it's easy for us older guys to say it's just a haircut. I think the older you get, the less we care about what other people think.

If a shaved head isn't widely accepted there, maybe a buzzcut would work for now.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline BaldBlindAt20

• ŁYSY ALE ZNA PRZEPISY
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2021, 08:13:26 AM »
@BaldBlindAt20 , your last post makes me think you might benefit by talking to a professional. If this hair situation is causing depression and stress, you should get some help. I know it's a bigger deal when you're young, and it's easy for us older guys to say it's just a haircut. I think the older you get, the less we care about what other people think.

If a shaved head isn't widely accepted there, maybe a buzzcut would work for now.

My therapist was not helping sh*t about this topic, even though in other matters he helped me a lot

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2021, 02:09:41 PM »
I really don't know what to say about any of this.  If this matter is causing you great concern then I think you need to sort this out on your own because I don't think that any one of us is qualified to decide for you.  If you want to shave then shave.  If you don't want to shave then don't shave.  That's all I got.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2021, 05:31:00 PM »
100% agree @clint902 .

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2021, 01:23:08 PM »
@chuck63 , plus 1 here. You said it, just another haircut. I'm sure it will be the same in Poland as more guys discover how great it is to sport a shaved head.

I also think more and more women are attracted to baldie. I see alot of sly guys with great looking women!

In Poland unfortunately bald dome is not the fashionable choice, people choose to have tiktok logan paul fringe cringe or some sh*t like that

I hate with a passion the fact that I still have to wait to shave my head. My scalp is still diseased, my parents are doing elaborate plots so I do not shave at all and looking at myself I get only more depressed. Even more depressed considering people beating me down telling me that I will look like sh*t with or without hair but without it will be even worse because of the fear factor coming in. I began to hate my skull shape and my face to the point I just hate looking at myself and feel I will look like utter crap without my hopeless hair. The fact that people are dissing me for balding and my desire to shave that fuss on head simultaneously drives me nuts! I feel like whatever I do it will be a crappy decision...

If you want to shave your head, then do it.  It’s your head and no one can stop you from shaving it. Don’t worry about what’s fashionable or what other people think - it’s what YOU want that matters. Some people may not like it, but trust me they will get over it.  Take control and do what makes you happy. The world won’t end and no one will get hurt,  at the end of the day, it’s just a haircut.  And if you’re already losing hair, you will need to adjust to having a bald head eventually, anyway. There is no ideal time.  Once it’s done, you will stop obsessing about it and will feel better almost immediately.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2021, 06:12:31 AM »
 O0

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2021, 09:40:58 PM »
If you want to shave your head , go ahead and shave it. Give it 30 days, if you don’t like it ,grow it back . It will grow back faster than you think. You say your head is diseased, have you seen a doctor?  Also if you need to apply medicine to your scalp ,  a bald head makes it easier and more efficient.
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline BaldBlindAt20

• ŁYSY ALE ZNA PRZEPISY
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2021, 02:54:42 AM »
If you want to shave your head , go ahead and shave it. Give it 30 days, if you don’t like it ,grow it back . It will grow back faster than you think. You say your head is diseased, have you seen a doctor?  Also if you need to apply medicine to your scalp ,  a bald head makes it easier and more efficient.

Yeah I have some red spots of unknown origin (despite many medical tests), with long hair it is hard as f**k to manage it, but my parents are telling me 'no healtgy head no shaving'

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2021, 11:28:53 AM »
1.  Shaving may improve your skin condition.  Others have had that experience.
2.  You are old enough to decide what kind of haircut you want without getting permission from anyone.

Offline chuck63

• Sly
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2021, 11:51:16 AM »
I live in a hot and humid area.  When I had hair, I had problems with acne on my scalp constantly during the summer. It’s pretty much gone away since I started keeping my head shaved.

Offline BaldBlindAt20

• ŁYSY ALE ZNA PRZEPISY
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2021, 12:10:43 PM »
2.  You are old enough to decide what kind of haircut you want without getting permission from anyone.

1. When I shave my face clean, I notice my skin problems magically cease to be on face lmao
2. My parents gave up trying to stop me. After I come back from pilgrimage, I shave that fucking head

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2021, 12:35:28 PM »
For decades I had a severe acne like condition on my scalp. To my great surprise, it disappeared 3 or 4 days after my first headshave! If I try to grow my hair back, it returns in a week or two. As long as I shave my head everyday, my skin is totally clear.

I saw a dermatologist, and we tried several treatments that didn't work, so she wanted me to go on long term antibiotics, which I didn't want to do. She said, then keep shaving your head, it looks good!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2021, 02:31:19 PM »

1. When I shave my face clean, I notice my skin problems magically cease to be on face lmao
2. My parents gave up trying to stop me. After I come back from pilgrimage, I shave that fucking head

Speaking from personal experience, it can be really difficult to take that first step and actually shave your head, but there comes a point when the desire to do it becomes so overwhelming that you just have to do it. You will know no peace until you do.  Remember that when your head is shaved, your hair starts growing back the very next day, so if you don’t like it, it’s really no big deal.  The worst thing that can happen is that you have to wait a little while for your hair to grow back to where it was.

Even if you don’t like it, you’ll never regret shaving your head. You’ll either love it or you will find out that it’s not for you.  Either way, the situation is resolved.  If you do nothing, you will always wonder and continue to be tortured.

Offline BaldBlindAt20

• ŁYSY ALE ZNA PRZEPISY
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2021, 02:51:33 PM »

Speaking from personal experience, it can be really difficult to take that first step and actually shave your head, but there comes a point when the desire to do it becomes so overwhelming that you just have to do it. You will know no peace until you do.  Remember that when your head is shaved, your hair starts growing back the very next day, so if you don’t like it, it’s really no big deal.  The worst thing that can happen is that you have to wait a little while for your hair to grow back to where it was.

Even if you don’t like it, you’ll never regret shaving your head. You’ll either love it or you will find out that it’s not for you.  Either way, the situation is resolved.  If you do nothing, you will always wonder and continue to be tortured.

Yeah I hate that I am constantly on the fence - although I know that soon there will be no hair to cling on, I think when I finally shave, I will be really relieved and will ask myself here or in my head why was I waiting so long :D