Author Topic: Someone else shaving it  (Read 3012 times)

Offline Miller1989

• Sly
Someone else shaving it
« on: April 10, 2019, 06:03:28 PM »
Has anyone ever had their head shaved by someone else, be it a barber or wife/girlfriend? I never have. How was the experience?

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Someone else shaving it
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 06:45:48 PM »
I've had a straight razor shave from 2 different barbers. While the experience was awesome, neither got it very smooth. I would love to get them more often, but $25 is kind of spendy.

I often think how nice it would be to have a gf that would shave my head. Years ago, I grew my hair for 6 or 7 weeks and decided to shave again. I got out the clippers with a 00000 blade, and had my (then) gf clipper shave me. She wouldn't razor it though.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Brucifer

• Sly Guy in Training
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 05:57:00 AM »
Has anyone ever had their head shaved by someone else, be it a barber or wife/girlfriend? I never have. How was the experience?

First time I ever shaved my head was 20ish years ago, I was going through chemo at the time (Been in remission 19.5 years now and glad it showed me that I like the sly look) so I was losing my hair already, I got help from my step-daughter who was in beauty school. She used clippers on it and then a cartridge razor.

Then a few years later when I decided to shave it, I treated myself to the barber straight razor shave. It was cool and nice to not have to shave it myself but I'll mirror what reddog said. It wasn't nearly as close as could shave it and I even ended up shaving it again with a cartridge razor to get it super BBS.

These days, time wise I find it more efficient to shave it myself in the shower or after my shower.

Regards,
Bruce

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 06:54:31 AM »
I have had a few barber shop head shaves.  It is a great and relaxing experience, but in the end it is not as close of a shave as I can do myself.  I think we all learn how to shave our own heads to get it as smooth as possible.  But the barber does not "know" our head like we do so he/she is at a disadvantage.

Mine has never been shaved by anyone other than myself or a barber.
SlyBeard

Offline DoberDaddy

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 01:21:28 AM »
Ha! Many times, BF, Husband. AWESOME!!!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2019, 01:17:31 PM »
barbers. it's great. f'ing love the attention.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 02:28:11 PM »
I've had it done a few time in the Art of Shaving barber shop. It's always a relaxing experience, but I have yet to find one that can get as smooth as I can.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 10:34:44 PM »
I have someone else shave my head once a week when I can afford it.  Unless the guy is an absolute against-the-grain wizard with a straight razor he doesn't get it as perfect as I can get it with a multiblade/ominshaver, etc. but I sure do love being pamered.

If I had a shaving buddy I would trade head shaves with him once a week!

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2019, 12:10:38 PM »
I've had it done a few time in the Art of Shaving barber shop. It's always a relaxing experience, but I have yet to find one that can get as smooth as I can.
That's where I go, too. Expensive tho but worth it, hot towels, etc. My head gets smooth as a cue ball afterwards.

Offline HANDSHAVED

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2019, 07:35:31 PM »
I've never had mine shaved by anyone else, however after reading the comments here, I'm sure the barbers don't get it very close because they're afraid to cut or slice someone.  :*))

Of course, I sho nuf don't want to be cut neither.  8)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 01:57:52 PM by HANDSHAVED »
“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” (Viktor Frankl, Holocaust Survivor)

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2019, 01:39:23 PM »
I've never had mine shaved by anyone else, however after reading the comments here, I'm sure the barbers don't get it very close because they're afraid to cut or slice someone.  :*))

Of course, I sho nut don't want to be cut neither.  8)
actually, the barbers can get it bone close!  the old-timers use a straight razor, towels, etc. It's f'ing great. always a treat

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2019, 05:23:39 PM »
Sometimes, when you go to a barbershop, time and the amount of people may be a factor in how they shave your head. I've gotten some of the best headshaves at this Arabic barbershop about 45 minutes from my house but it's only one block from where I bowl league on Tuesdays, so on my off Tuesdays, I'll leave the house about two hours earlier before bowling and go there....Does a great job with the razor, and even goes over with a foil shaver after the razor shave...and most importantly they will ask first before they touch your beard. I do go to other shops for comparison, but usually once a month by a barber is plenty

@slybeard - I tried the other location of the place that you recommended last Tuesday and it so happened a friend of mine was in there with his brother, who was in training....My friend did a nice job and I tipped him well.

In conclusion, the barbershop that I choose to go to depends on time and/or location of an event factor. Not going to go 40 miles out of my way to a barbershop just for a shave, but it's nice to have options, including the do it yourself one.
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2019, 11:56:11 PM »
Sometimes, when you go to a barbershop, time and the amount of people may be a factor in how they shave your head. I've gotten some of the best headshaves at this Arabic barbershop about 45 minutes from my house but it's only one block from where I bowl league on Tuesdays, so on my off Tuesdays, I'll leave the house about two hours earlier before bowling and go there....Does a great job with the razor, and even goes over with a foil shaver after the razor shave...and most importantly they will ask first before they touch your beard. I do go to other shops for comparison, but usually once a month by a barber is plenty

@slybeard - I tried the other location of the place that you recommended last Tuesday and it so happened a friend of mine was in there with his brother, who was in training....My friend did a nice job and I tipped him well.

In conclusion, the barbershop that I choose to go to depends on time and/or location of an event factor. Not going to go 40 miles out of my way to a barbershop just for a shave, but it's nice to have options, including the do it yourself one.
I've found shops vary greatly. I guess it depends on the experience of the barber. I know some shops will NOT do a shave while others will go as far as hot towels and straight razor shaves. It's always a treat for me when they do the complete treatment. Just feels nice that my bald ass head gets the respect it deserves.  LOL

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2019, 02:04:10 PM »

Glad it worked out @Sir Harry
SlyBeard