Author Topic: How Long for a Smooth, Shiny Head  (Read 2777 times)

Offline Robby

• Learning the way of Sly
How Long for a Smooth, Shiny Head
« on: March 06, 2020, 12:43:49 PM »
Made an appointment for a complete Hot Lather Straight Edge Razor Head Shave.  With somewhat a full head of hair with extreme thinning on top, how long does it take & what steps are taken with the barber.  I hope I made the right decision on a barber, as it seems like a young girl at a barber shop is going to do it? Not sure about her experience? Also purchasing supplies to learn how to do on my own after the first barber shave, such as 6 blade razors in a six pack, shaving soap, head shaving oil & a bronzer or sunscreen for the head.  Hope to have that shiny, smooth feeling!! Any other advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated & excited to do this finally, as I always & always desired to be a smooth baldy & hope I have the confidence after doing it.  Lots of confidence advice would be greatly appreciated!! I am so glad that I found this site, as it is awesome & makes my decision to be smooth & bald much easier!! I have no plans to ever have hair again!! Very Excited for this next chapter!! I will post before & after photos when done for feedback!! Thanks In Advance for Advice!!

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: How Long for a Smooth, Shiny Head
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 12:58:19 PM »
Semi-Sly can give you the specifics on the barber shaving, as he is a barber. The first thing the barber will do is clipper off your hair down to stubble. I think the barbershop headshaves took about 30 minutes.

One piece of advice, the fewer number of blades, the less chance of irritation. I would suggest no more than a 3 blade razor. When you get experienced at shaving, try a double edge safety razor, the old fashioned set shave!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 09:32:57 PM »
Well, I cannot comment on the fact that she is a young girl - but that wouldn't be my first choice of barbershops!

Any barer though wilolfrist use a clippers to cutr your remaining hair as short as possible. then some shops will use an electric shaver before proceeding to a blade ssahve.

I prefer the old fashioned way however, whee they don't ever use an electric shaver.  I prefer a couple of hot towels and then lather, and then two complete shavings (one with the grain and once against the grain), and then a third hot towel and then an ice cold towel to close the pores.

Offline Robby

• Learning the way of Sly
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 04:23:36 PM »
Thanks for the Awesome, Great Advice!! Certainly am loving this new Bald Look!! ???? How often should I get the Straight razor cut & how do you continue to keep the Bald, Smooth Feeling??!! Also, How often should a person shave & prevent razor burns!! I am not planning on ever growing out anymore hair & plan to stay Bald & Smooth for good!! This is Above Amazing!!

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2020, 05:22:18 PM »
Welcome!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Enter your email address: