Author Topic: Looking Different To Your Age  (Read 14161 times)

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
Re: Looking Different To Your Age
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2021, 05:54:40 AM »
Yes, you see, that's exactly why we tell you to commit to staying shaved for 30 days! It gives you and others time to get used to your new haircut. Maybe you should take a break from this whole headshaving thing, and in a few years you will be older and ready to try it again.
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2021, 05:00:12 PM »
I definitely look older bald.  The white/grey beard doesn't help either.  I prefer the feeling of being clean shaven even though I know I look better with the horseshoe flattop.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2021, 07:29:44 AM »
IMO, you look the same age-wise with the flattop or sly.  BTW, did you color it in the third photo?  Is the darker flattop your natural color?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 11:27:50 AM by slybeard »
SlyBeard

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2021, 07:33:14 AM »
@Semi-Sly , you can still pull off the flattop, but it's getting a bit thin! I think you actually look younger shaved bald.

You probably remember I was wearing a flattop when I grew my hair back several times. One reason I went back to shaving was that I felt a flattop made me look older. I think it is because we grew up in the era when long hair was the norm, and only old grandpa's wore a grey flattop!

But I agree that a smooth shaved head feels awesome and looks clean.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2021, 10:16:57 AM »
IMO, you look the same age-wise with the flattop or sly.  BTW, did you color it in the third photo?  Is the darker flattop your natural color?

My natural color is somewhere in between some of my hair is white some of it is the color of the deadmau5 the gray brownish look so I either darken it with the darkening shampoo if you see in the top photo or if the bleach a pure white do you see in the bottom photo

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2021, 10:15:21 AM »
@Semi-Sly , I ran into a guy at a carshow yesterday with the most perfectly cut grey flattop I've ever seen! He was talking to me about my car, so I just had to ask him who his barber is. Turns out it's a gal at my neighborhood barber.

So, I hadn't shaved for 3 days, and I think I will try to grow out my hair so I can try her. I figure by December I will be able to get a nice short flattop. Hope I can make it that long without shaving!

Offline BaldBlindAt20

• ŁYSY ALE ZNA PRZEPISY
  • Sly Jr.
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2021, 05:36:45 PM »
@BaldBlindAt20     Hey there…. Did you shave your head yet?

I made a mistake of growing out. I have 1cm hair right now and my parents insist that I grow out because I still 'have hair' when it is diffused as hell lmao, they wanted to see how it grows out and they are happy with the result, whereas I am not. The worst thing is, they react with anger for everytime I mention shaving head, telling me that I am obsessed about it and thought that when I buzz it I will shut up and never mention my hair again. (they thought that I will buzz only once and then grow out lmao).

Now tbh I might be closer to going sly than ever. People seeing I buzz from that 1cm hair to 5mm, now to 3mm, encourage me to shave it all off. On photos I look like a sly guy and I like that look. I have been compared to Lex Luthor and I think it's the best compliment you can get as a bald guy. I just need to find that rebellious soul that made me buzz to 3mm and just shave with no guard. WISH ME LUCK

Also, related to topic, people tell me I look older not only because of my head but also because of my fashion style which seems to be outdated lmao. I like that style but I am not sure whether I should try to wear clothes that fit my age

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2021, 04:52:59 AM »
It seems like just about everyone complains about something these days.  If you do something to please one group, you'll piss off another group of people so there's no winning.  I just wear my kakies, a colored T-shirt and sunglasses and that's it.  If anyone don't like my look then don't look.  It's not possible to please everyone so there's no point in trying.  It's all about what you're happy with so don't worry about what others think.  It just doesn't matter as long as you're happy with yourself.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2021, 05:29:40 AM »
Good advice @clint902 , I think most will find that the older you get, the less you care what other people think.

Offline Semi-Sly

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2021, 02:34:20 PM »
@Semi-Sly , I ran into a guy at a carshow yesterday with the most perfectly cut grey flattop I've ever seen! He was talking to me about my car, so I just had to ask him who his barber is. Turns out it's a gal at my neighborhood barber.

So, I hadn't shaved for 3 days, and I think I will try to grow out my hair so I can try her. I figure by December I will be able to get a nice short flattop. Hope I can make it that long without shaving!

Well I am living temporarily in Fort Lauderdale Florida for two months went to get my Flattop tuneup on Saturday and the guy really screwed up one side of it and totally mode off one of the corners. 

I don’t know why nobody book couple of guys and Chicago seem to know how to do a really good Flattop anymore!!!!

It is a  good thing I’m planning on going back to ball for the winter

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2021, 06:40:50 AM »
Maybe cutting a flattop is no longer part of their training.  Don't you guys need some sort of license to cut hair?  I've had my share of bad haircuts so I just do it myself.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2021, 08:34:17 AM »
@clint902 , yes, barbers are licensed here. And yes, they attempt to train them on flattops. A few get the hang of it, but because it is not a popular haircut, I don't think very many get enough experience cutting them. So, a very small percentage become really good at cutting a perfect flattop. I think the best way to find one is if you see a guy with an excellent cut, is to ask them who their barber is.

Offline buddha

• Sly Bureau
  • Cut myself shaving!
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2021, 04:35:12 PM »
I've been BBC (mostly, I'll explain) for over 20 years. 5-10 years ago I tried to grow my hair back with the intention of an eventual ponytail. When my hair got to be about 1/2 inch long it actually made me look about 20 years older than my age at that time. I had no noticeable hair on top and the sides and back were solid gray.
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it never really care for anything else thereafter."
Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water.