Author Topic: Salutations  (Read 2232 times)

Offline Shaolin

• Learning the way of Sly
Salutations
« on: August 26, 2019, 03:42:29 PM »
Good afternoon,

New member checking in.  I've been shaving head on and off for about 4 years now and I am ready to commit full time.  I still haven't found my razor, or a way to stay clean everyday, if you will. I end up growing my hair back due to ingrown hairs, so maybe I'm going bald too early? It drives me nuts and probably anyone who has to listen to me talk about it Lol What says the sly baldguys?

Light is provided through sparks of energy from the mind that travels in rhyme form.  Giving sight to the blind, the dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum.

Offline chrisphilly123

• Ultimate Sly Guy
Re: Salutations
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 08:08:05 PM »
Good afternoon,

New member checking in.  I've been shaving head on and off for about 4 years now and I am ready to commit full time.  I still haven't found my razor, or a way to stay clean everyday, if you will. I end up growing my hair back due to ingrown hairs, so maybe I'm going bald too early? It drives me nuts and probably anyone who has to listen to me talk about it Lol What says the sly baldguys?

your profile pic, shaved, looks great: powerful and trendy. pretty damn cool. hope you master at shaving it daily.

Offline Dragon

• Super Sly
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 05:42:30 AM »
welcome. you need to hang in there and try some stuff out to find what suits you, as the look is great

Offline leibows

• Sly Jr.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 06:55:02 AM »
Shaolin..You made the RIGHT DECISION. The look fits you well. There are so many razors. I like the Gillette Mach 3 after trying several. Good Luck! Let us know how it’s going.

Offline slybeard

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2019, 07:58:17 AM »
Shaved looks very good on you.  I have not really had problems with ingrown hairs, so I cannot really help you there.  Some of the comments I have heard from others was to use an exfoliation cleanser such as St. Ives Apricot Scrub to reduce ingrown hairs.
SlyBeard

Offline Magoo

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2019, 08:09:03 AM »
Welcome Shaolin , try using witch hazel after shaving , it may lessen the ingrowns .
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 08:13:12 AM by Magoo »
If only all men lived by the "Golden Rule ."

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2019, 08:22:57 AM »
Everyone has to find the shaving routine that works for them.

You may want to try an electric foil shaver to start with.  Less chance of ingrown hairs. The gradually shave with a razor. Usually the less blades, the less irritation. When I started, I used Bump Patrol. It took a couple of months for my scalp to get used to shaving.

Stick with it, you look awesome with a shaved head!
Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2019, 11:12:09 AM »
@Shaolin welcome to Sly Bald Guys! How's the look working out for you so far?
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline wpruitt

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
  • Sly!!
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2019, 04:10:17 PM »
Welcome
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2019, 03:32:31 AM »
Welcome!
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.