Author Topic: It's official - shaved heads are the " in" haircut!  (Read 3993 times)

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
It's official - shaved heads are the " in" haircut!
« on: September 20, 2020, 03:03:14 PM »
I went to a car show today and saw at least 40 or more shaved heads. Hard to tell, after a while baldies look alot alike. Smooth shaved head, grey goatee/beard, and sunglasses seems to be the hot look. Had good conversations with a few fellow baldies. Looks like alot of the guys that tried a shaved head during the pandemic have decided to keep it bald!

Bald by choice, and loving it!

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
Re: It's official - shaved heads are the " in" haircut!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 09:47:39 PM »
What was the average age and how many of them were bald anyway?

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 06:28:46 AM »
Probably about half were 55+, but I was surprised that alot of 30 something guys have embraced the baldie style. Alot of the younger guys were already balding, but hard to tell on us older guys as the shadow on the sides and back doesn't show with grey hair. I was really surprised at the number of guys shaving now. When I started shaving 7 years ago, it wasn't quite so mainstream.

Offline Tyler

• The Count of Sly
  • Administrator
  • Sly Nobility
    • SILIST - Smitty's Information List
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 01:41:20 PM »
I'm sure the style is taking a huge dent out of the hair "restoration" industry. I just don't see why anyone would choose to get a hair transplant these days.
People are not limited by the circumstance that they are born in. They are limited by the size of their dreams. Show them that their dreams can have no limits and in turn their accomplishments can be limitless.

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2020, 02:36:14 PM »
I'm sure the style is taking a huge dent out of the hair "restoration" industry. I just don't see why anyone would choose to get a hair transplant these days.
I'm thinking probably the same reason some folks get facelifts, botox injections and implants.  People are afraid of getting and looking old.  That's the best I can come up with.

Offline Razor X

• Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2020, 02:51:29 PM »
I don’t necessarily agree that shaved heads are the “in” haircut right now.  They were at one time and hopefully will be again one day. The late 90s and early 2000s are when head shaving began to become more common.  It started with balding men, and then it became trendy and guys with full heads of hair started shaving their heads.  Around the time that this forum started, high school kids and college students were shaving their heads.  Bald was cool.

Eventually, the trend ran its course. Those who could regrow their hair, for the most part did and those who could not remained bald.  Bald wasn't necessarily cool anymore but the stigma was gone and shaving more or less became the default option for those who were losing their hair.  That’s kind of where things are right now.  Everything comes back into fashion eventually, though, so I’m looking forward to the next surge in popularity for head shaving.

Offline Sir Harry

• Sly Kegler
  • Sly Moderator
  • Sly Nobility
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2020, 03:41:17 PM »
I don’t necessarily agree that shaved heads are the “in” haircut right now.  They were at one time and hopefully will be again one day. The late 90s and early 2000s are when head shaving began to become more common.  It started with balding men, and then it became trendy and guys with full heads of hair started shaving their heads.  Around the time that this forum started, high school kids and college students were shaving their heads.  Bald was cool.

Eventually, the trend ran its course. Those who could regrow their hair, for the most part did and those who could not remained bald.  Bald wasn't necessarily cool anymore but the stigma was gone and shaving more or less became the default option for those who were losing their hair.  That’s kind of where things are right now.  Everything comes back into fashion eventually, though, so I’m looking forward to the next surge in popularity for head shaving.

Maybe this has a lot to do with the coronavirus, but some guys are just growing their remaining hair....As long as they keep it neat, I don't have a problem with it....On the other hand, quite a few guys with hair are just shaving their hair short or bald due to the limited or no availability of barbershops...
Even when the d is removed, the devil is still evil.

Offline Laser Man

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2020, 10:20:11 AM »
I agree with Razor X that the trend ran its course. Ten or twelve years ago, there was a "wow" factor about shaving off a full head of hair and sporting a shaved head, but that time has passed, at least where I live.  Now the guys who decide to shave are usually balding and have chosen to get ahead of the curve. 

The good part is that a shaved head no longer carries a negative connotation the way it did years ago. 

Offline clint902

• Super Sly
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2020, 02:59:44 PM »
It just feels wrong not to shave every day.  I do have a full head of hair but hardly any shadow so I keep it neat and clean.  I can't remember what it was like to have hair.

Offline reddog

• Sly Bureau
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2020, 03:14:28 PM »
I agree, Clint. With my white hair, a have no shadow, and could go a few days without seeing any hair, but I shave every day. It's all about a super smooth head that feels great. It might be an obsession, but I like starting each day clean and sharp looking.

Enter your email address: