Head Shaving, Grooming & Care > Head Shaving Product Reviews

Where are the negative reviews?

(1/4) > >>

clint902:
Whenever I buy a shaver, I read nothing but positive reviews.  The pitbull was one which I think sucks, then I ordered the omnishaver which I haven't received yet but don't know what to expect because almost every review I see on the interweb involves someone trying to sell something.  If they're selling something, I doubt they're gonna say anything negative about the item.  So, anyway, what's the deal on these omnishavers?  Any honest reviews out there?

reddog:
I'm interested to hear how it works for you.

clint902:
Well this is my first time using it and it does require one to press down firmly.  I did the best I could I'll have to use it a few more times before I can say one way or the other.  I do have a problem holding it but so far, it wasn't any quicker than my regular shave but like I said, I just got it today so maybe it will work better tomorrow.  One thing I can say for certain.  This shaver isn't for newbies because their scalp is more tender and prone to irritation.  I've been shaving awhile so the pressure I had to apply and the back and forth motion didn't irritate me.  I wonder if I need to use their lotion to make it work? I do feel some roughness  on my neck but the rest of my scalp feels pretty smooth(definitely not the best shave of my life) but like I said, this was the first time I've used it.  I'll give it more time.

Dragon:
I tried the omishaver, but I found it wasnt any quicker than a normal cartridge and the shave wasnt as good.  I then tried it again when the replacable blades came out but again i wasnt impressed.  However, different people like different things, but the omishaver, not for me. In fact if you want the block that the blades fit in I can send it to you!

clint902:
I used the  again this morning with different results.  After washing my hair, I put on my shave gel then shaved.  I watched youtube videos showing these guys going fast and one had a stopwatch to time himself but I found if I took my time with it, I got a better shave.  The company that makes the  omnishaver arn't giving out trophies to those who can go the fastest but I took my time.  I'm supposed to press down firmly but I pressed down a little too firmly on the side of my head and got a razor burn.  Well anyway, I had one problem where my neck meets my head and lots of fine hairs that the  just wouldn't cut so I took out my regular razor and touched up my neck and around my ears.  I would say if someone has a razor that works good for them then they probably should stay with it and shouldn't look for something better.  After all, how close can a razor get anyway?  I still haven't decided but I'm inclined to continue using my  extreme3.  I'll figure it out one way or the other.
And thank you Dragon for the offer.  I'm not quite sure what the "block" is but I don't think I'll be needing it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version