New Member Section > Introductions

I'm back

(1/3) > >>

Rusty Shackleford:
3 years ago I had been shaving my head for nearly 20 years when I suddenly got tired of doing the process.  It became like a chore and I also saw a couple guys who had regrown hair and I got curious to do it myself.  Well, the reverse has happened and last night I returned to the fold.

Over the years I was getting fade haircuts which I liked a lot, but they grow out so freaking fast.  I'd get a haircut and then just a few days later it felt like the fade part was gone.  Last summer I started buzzing my hair myself, a nd it's like a gateway drug:  I'd cut it a certain way then a few weeks later I'd get a shorter guard, cut it that way for a while and go shorter again, etc.  Even when I cut my hair myself it was annoying because I'd have little hair particles stuck to me after at least 2 showers.

Once I knew it was inevitable I researched head shaving razors (did you know Todd Greene from Headblade died of cancer?) and got the Omnirazor.  I've only shaved once so far and the results were "meh".  I liked how it worked, but it left rough spots.  To be fair it was working with clipper-buzzed length hair so I'll be testing again tonight.

As for the look and feel it does feel a little strange to me as I am not totally used to the look yet, but I'm sure that will come back in time. 

Dragon:

--- Quote from: Rusty Shackleford on March 16, 2021, 05:17:17 PM ---3 years ago I had been shaving my head for nearly 20 years when I suddenly got tired of doing the process.  It became like a chore and I also saw a couple guys who had regrown hair and I got curious to do it myself.  Well, the reverse has happened and last night I returned to the fold.

Over the years I was getting fade haircuts which I liked a lot, but they grow out so freaking fast.  I'd get a haircut and then just a few days later it felt like the fade part was gone.  Last summer I started buzzing my hair myself, a nd it's like a gateway drug:  I'd cut it a certain way then a few weeks later I'd get a shorter guard, cut it that way for a while and go shorter again, etc.  Even when I cut my hair myself it was annoying because I'd have little hair particles stuck to me after at least 2 showers.

Once I knew it was inevitable I researched head shaving razors (did you know Todd Greene from  died of cancer?) and got the Omnirazor.  I've only shaved once so far and the results were "meh".  I liked how it worked, but it left rough spots.  To be fair it was working with clipper-buzzed length hair so I'll be testing again tonight.

As for the look and feel it does feel a little strange to me as I am not totally used to the look yet, but I'm sure that will come back in time. 

--- End quote ---
welcome back, looking great

reddog:
Perfect bald head, it must feel awesome!

slybeard:
Looks great Randy. I am sure your tight fade also looked good with your beard, but I understand the desire to shave. After spending significant time shaved, it just seems wrong to have hair.

Razor X:
Welcome back from the dark side!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version