Head Shaving, Grooming & Care > Beards

Beard / mustache wax

(1/3) > >>

Razorhead:
Hello gents,

Do any of you use a beard or mustache wax on your facial hair? What brands to you use? I had a beard and trimmed it down to a goatee. I’ve had goatee’s before, but this time I’m going to do a fuller one. I want to try a a wax for a neater groom.  What do you recommend?

Thanks!

slybeard:

--- Quote from: Razorhead on January 20, 2021, 09:08:32 AM ---Hello gents,

Do any of you use a beard or mustache wax on your facial hair? What brands to you use? I had a beard and trimmed it down to a goatee. I’ve had goatee’s before, but this time I’m going to do a fuller one. I want to try a a wax for a neater groom.  What do you recommend?

Thanks!

--- End quote ---

I use regular hair gel and a blow dryer on my beard.  For my mustache, when I want a firm hold, I use either got-2-b-gluek hair spiking gel, or an Elmer's School Glue stick.  I never had much success with wax.

Rusty Shackleford:
Mustache wax doesn't work well for me.  If I use a little it doesn't hold.  If I use enough it seems to hold by turning the mustache into a sticky glob.

One thing I've come to notice about beard waxes and balms is that it seems to suffocate my skin.  I notice that when I use it it's almost like having a greasy saran wrap on my skin.  I've basically settled to just using a little oil that I brush into it.

Goatee:
Beard butter is good. One with wax in it. I got one from Detroit grooming.

Or, you could try beard balm.

Go for either but make sure it has 100% natural ingredients

Razorhead:
Thanks for the advice. I tried Honest Amish and the traditional Pinaud’s mustache wax (original). The pinaud’s makes the white and grey in my beard stand out more. So I tried Honest Amish which had good reviews. It’s a little more expensive but the wax doesn’t amplify the grey hair and does a fairly decent job of keeping the hair a little less unruly. I’m going to grow the facial hair out a bit, I’ll see how the wax performs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version