New Member Section > Introductions

110 pounds lighter and changing things up

(1/8) > >>

steve69:
Hi, all,

This is my first post and I'm happy to be a part of the community! A couple fun facts about me:
I've lost over 110 pounds the past couple years and have worked my way up to walking and jogging 10 to 12 miles a day.

I started getting thin in my early 20s and started shaving my head. But I was seriously overweight and really unhealthy. Three years ago I started to take steps to get healthier. As I lost weight, I started to wonder what I'd look like with hair again. I started wearing hair systems and have been playing around with different styles.

But lately I started to wonder how I'd look with a shaved head again now that I've lost so much weight, but I was afraid to do it. I think I was afraid I'd still see the old me. But it was really hot on Saturday so I headed to the barber shop and got my head shaved again.

A lot of people like it better than the hair systems. I haven't decided yet. It definitely feels better, especially when I'm getting in my miles. What does everyone think? Was it a good move or a big mistake?

Here's how I looked 110 pounds heavier with a shaved head, then with a couple hair systems and then yesterday with the shaved head minus 110 pounds.

Added some better photos of the shaved head, at least as much better as it can get with my face. At least I have a decently shaped head LOL.

Dragon:
@steve69 Well done, good for you for taking control of your life.  The systems look good but the new shaved you looks brilliant. Natural, strong, confident

steve69:
@Dragon Thanks for the kind words. It's taking some getting used to, but I do feel a lot less self-conscious than when I was wearing the hair systems and it is a lot cooler. I'll probably stick with the shaved head and mustache for at least a while. The beard was really uncomfortable when I have to wear a face mask all day long.

reddog:
Congratulations on the weight loss Steve, and keep rocking the baldie! It has to feel so much better with a smooth shaved head. You have a nice head shape, and you wear the bald style well!

Dragon:
@steve69 you have to stick with it for a while to get used to it.  im sure when you started using a system it looked strange at first, until you got used to it. The same applies to the shaved hairstyle, hence the 30 day rule

--- Quote from: steve69 on September 15, 2020, 03:14:40 PM ---@Dragon Thanks for the kind words. It's taking some getting used to, but I do feel a lot less self-conscious than when I was wearing the hair systems and it is a lot cooler. I'll probably stick with the shaved head and mustache for at least a while. The beard was really uncomfortable when I have to wear a face mask all day long.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version