Head Shaving, Grooming & Care > How To Protect Your Bald Head

How often do you guys shave your head? Razor burn? Irritation? Shine?

(1/4) > >>

jk7143:
What’s up guys. I haven’t been on in ages. Maybe you guys can help me out. So I’ve been buzzing my head with the lowest clip on a andis clipper-0000 clip-for a very long time, and only shaved my head with a razor occasionally. I started shaving my head a lot more last year with a muhl R89 double edge razor with personna blades. Unfortunately, I got in a accident and burned my body severely. Part of my scalp got burned and is now scarred. No hair will grow on certain spots. I’ve always rocked a bald head since high school, so I have no problem being bald at all. I shave my head every 6 days or so since I came home from the hospital. I go for 2 passes-BBS-one with the grain, and second against the grain. I rarely have any problems after shaving. I’m currently in a healing process from the burns, so I have no reason to shave everyday. I recently started shaving my head every 2 days just to see if it’s something I could do, and my head gets really oily and irritated. I always take a hot shower before a wet shave, I use pre shave oil, change the blades every 2 shaves, and use after shave balms. I get irritation/razor burns when I shave every 2-3 days. It also doesn’t look as fresh compared to shaving every 6 days or so. I would like to shave my head everyday when I go back to work. It just doesn’t look right. I might be exaggerating, but the dots/hair look more bigger if that makes any sense.  What are some other tips you guys can give me? I just need to prepare myself before going back to work. Thanks you for reading, and help is appreciated.

Tyler:
@jkid714 What are you using as your shave routine?  You said pre-shave oil. Are you using cream or oil on top of that?  What after shave balm are you using?

reddog:
Hi jkid, when I first started shaving, I got alot of irritation. I used Bump Patrol for the first couple months. You can get it at Wal-Mart. I shave everyday and it took a couple months for my scalp to get used to it. Now I just use Irish Spring bar soap in the shower and dad make multiple passes with no problems. I do a cold water rinse and an application of witch hazel. I only use lotion if I get a little dryness.

It's all about conditioning the scalp. You just have to be patient.

bamidon1775:
I try to shave my head every day or at least every other day. But I was suffering from razor burn to, especially on the back of the neck area (I normally use a headblade in the shower with a good soap or cream). One product I found that has really made a difference for me as been Barbedeaux aftershave lotion - I think they call it their razor bump therapy. It has tremendously helped keep my head clean and clear of razor burn and outbreaks. Might work for you as well.

manisthajain:
Clean head also a smart and good-looking hairstyle. My uncle clean head and he is shocked, by looking smart and beautiful. Head is so clean, clear and shining.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version