Confidence and Success > Relationships/Dating

dating when bald - not getting the same attention

(1/8) > >>

tryingtostaypositive:
I'm curious to know what are your experiences with online dating sites/apps?
Do you feel that being bald/lacking hair have an impact on your overall chances and other competition when it comes to attracting women? 

As you know studies have been done like this one - http://www.thebaldtruth.com/articles/the-maximum-hair-results-are-in-women-want-men-with-hair/ proving the obvious that women do prefer men with hair overall.

Do you think that even tall, good looking bald men (as in men who can pull of the bald look) can be successful as the equally good looking guy with hair?  I feel my confidence has definitely been ravaged over the years as I've progressively lost my hair to the point of having zero today. I'm trying to stay positive but it's not easy when you feel you're not getting the same level of attention as you once used to.   

Sir Harry:
I've been married twice and I'm currently in a relationship, so no, being bald hasn't affected my chances with the ladies. FYI, my marriages failed, but my baldness wasn't even on the list of reasons why. I had a few days growth on my head the other day and ran into my ex-wife and she offered to shave my head for me! (I declined, but it was still cool of her to offer).

DoberDaddy:
And I am guessing that most women want men who are wealthy? Another thing that MOST of us can't attain. I don't date women, I date men. I can tell you that I have NEVER had an issues with my being bald, balding, shaved, etc.

tryingtostaypositive:

--- Quote from: Sir_Harry_208 on August 11, 2017, 08:27:14 AM ---I've been married twice and I'm currently in a relationship, so no, being bald hasn't affected my chances with the ladies. FYI, my marriages failed, but my baldness wasn't even on the list of reasons why. I had a few days growth on my head the other day and ran into my ex-wife and she offered to shave my head for me! (I declined, but it was still cool of her to offer).

--- End quote ---

I guess yes as I said being darker skinned does help because it blends in alot better than it does for white guys. 

Even so, I am still literally having zero luck on these apps and sites these days. I barely get any matches on Tinder or other apps, the few sites I'm on I'll get the occasional message.
I'm really not sure whether it is due to being bald or whether I am genuinely just unlucky. I think I have a decent, interesting profile with some fairly good photos but obviously I want to show that I am bald so have put on photos in good lighting. 

Furthermore, in general when I'm out too, I've definitely noticed I get less attention than I used to when I had even a little bit of hair at the front. 

Do you think being totally bald stands out more than having some hair? I mean generally it's being said that the totally shaved look is more attractive because it expresses confidence etc. but I'm not so sure

reddog:
Yes, I think having a shaved head limits the women that are interested in me on dating sites. The fact is, some just don't like bald heads at all. Some don't care, and a small percentage go crazy for sly guys.

For me, as desperate as I am, I choose to wait for that gal that thinks shaved heads are attractive/sexy. I like it, and think it looks good on me. Gotta do what makes you happy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version