Discussions About Being Bald > Tattoos and Piercings

What tattoos do you have planned?

(1/4) > >>

socknoggle:
I have 2 tattoos right now, but I have a bunch more planned.  I'm working on a sleeve on my left arm   My next one is going to be big, taking up most of my upper arm.  It's going to be the tomb they laid Jesus in, but looking out from the back of the cave, showing the pedestal where they laid him with the crumpled up burial shroud.   At the front of the cave just a portion of the stone the used to seal it, rolled off to the side.  Should be really cool.

I've dedicated my left arm to my faith.  The cross I have is Celtic so I got a little of my heritage mixed in.  I still have a small area on my forearm I'm not sure what to do with.  I had a great idea one point but I should have written it down. 

Quiet_Dan:
Not sure if I will ever get it but one I have had in mind for the last 15 years, is a heart, pierced by a wooden cross, with a crown of thorns wrapped around the two (kind of holding the cross in there) with the words, "no greater love". I think the meaning of my faith is pretty clear there. Though I don't know if I will get tattooed (never had piercings either) and I grew up knowing my father regretted his tattoo from his army days (but it wasn't something that had real meaning to him)

socknoggle:
I think for most people who regret their tattoos it's because they were not thought out in advance.  Either they were done spur of the moment, because of peer pressure or (if the artist isn't moral) they were drunk.  It sounds like you have a fantastic idea for a tattoo that you would treasure because it would mean so much to you.  I love my tattoos for the same reason. 

If you do decide to get a tattoo I would advise you to do your research.  Look at the ink that some of your friends have, look closely, and if it looks good you might want to go where they did.  If you were in the Detroit area I'd have a great recommendation. 

Semi-Sly:
I am currently working on finishing an entire back tattoo.   Doing a session on it every week.

Meanwhile, I really want to do a half sleeve on my left arm, but I am moving to Florida for four months Jan1 and don't know of any really great tattoo artists there that I can trust with it.

Next summer when I return to Chicago for five months I will begin a full chest tattoo.  But this can't be completed in just five months, so it may take a year to complete.

Hieu Tran:
Planning for my nickname inked but not sure where to put it lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version