Discussions About Being Bald > Reactions to being Bald

Reactions

(1/5) > >>

DavidA2571:
I shaved last Tuesday and here ar some reactions since then. Some of these may be my new perceptions and some are real statements. 
"Oh my gosh you're bald, I love it."
Cute girl gives me a thumbs up in my jeep.
I accidently backed into a guy who drove behind me in the parking lot.  He kept on driving.
"You look like Dr. Xavier from X-Men"
"Oh wow, did you join a fraternity."
"Did you lose a bet?"
" I love bald men!"
"Looking good!"
"You look like Dr Evil. Not sure about this one, and I don't think you were losing your hair...."
"Yay!"

Shaving one's head takes some thought and I didn't enter it lightly. It is only hair after all but once I shaved it I felt empowered.  I surely am not looking for validation from everyone since some aren't going to like it.  That's where we can all just lovingly not give a f**k what others think. 

jbrit25:
I've gotten did you lose a bet a few times. I also get called Gru from the Despicable Me movies by the kids in my youth group. That's the one I'm not sure about.

DavidA2571:
Haha Gru!  It's as if people reach for straws trying to relate with our baldness.  Telly Savalas is no longer in vogue.  Kelly Slater did us a great favor though. 

reddog:
I didn't get very many negative comments, and I,shaved off a full head of hair. Maybe because I was 58yo, I think younger people are more likely to comment. The worst I got was that I looked like a biker, or "at least you have a nice shaped head".

Cave Dweller:

--- Quote from: DavidA2571 on November 25, 2015, 05:53:59 AM ---Shaving one's head takes some thought and I didn't enter it lightly. It is only hair after all but once I shaved it I felt empowered.  I surely am not looking for validation from everyone since some aren't going to like it.  That's where we can all just lovingly not give a f**k what others think.
--- End quote ---

Great statement! I applaud your outlook.

I am really glad the "You look like that guy from Breaking Bad" comments have stopped since I grew the full beard. The Walter White comparisons usually were made by people who seemed to think I would take being equated with a drug dealer and murderer as a compliment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version